Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Leaving The Punisher

TIM DON'T LEAVE DAMMIT YOU CAN'T BE REPLACED!

Tim my friend, you're art keeps getting better and you only have 3 issues left. What are we gonna do without you? People got back into the Punisher because of YOUR covers. Of course Garth's writing too but it's your covers that starts all of it.

Seriously brother thanks so much. I don't think anyone has ever done so much for the Punisher franchise. If it wasn't for you and Garth, the Punisher would probably be and obsolete comic book at this point. Really. There was that downfall and then there was Bradstreet and Ennis. What's gonna happen next? God bless you and Garth. I can't thank you enough I swear.

-Raffi

Tim, i may be seeing things here, but did you use Tom Jane as your Nick Fury model for the Punisher cover? Becuase that sure as hell isn't Hasselhoff (and a big thank you for not using him). Also, I am dreading you and Garth leaving the book. I never read Punisher as a kid but after I picked comics up again a couple years ago I've been reading the MAX series along with older trades of the Knights run religiously. Unfortunatelly there are several trades I cannot get through the comics distributors here, but I have every one I could find.

I couldn't stand the new War Journal interpretation of Frank. I think he fits much better in his own world that exists in the shadows (if not outside) the Marvel Universe. When other characters have been in the series they are in his world, not the other way around where he just looks so out of place.

I really hope the book doesn't fall apart after you guys leave. You guys created a monster; body and soul.

Orion -

Yep, that's 'ol Jane as Fury.

Thanks for your thoughts man, and welcome to the boards.

I'm not a fan of War Journal either, though I do dig Fraction.

And I thought I was a fan of what Garth did on Welcome Back Frank, and The Marvel Knights run . . . Until he did the MAX series.

Now for me, THAT'S The Punisher.

- TB

To say thanks to you is an understatement; I wish this was not happening but I understand it better after reading your blog. The cover is amazing, and quite frankly, I would not expect anything but the best.

I guess all good things do come to an end. Still, I want to say thank you to both you and Garth Ennis. It was your artwork and his stories for the Marvel Knights and Max series of The Punisher that really got me back into comics, and inspired me to go back to school for Art. Thanks. You will be missed.

Here is a look at the last Max cover . . . For now . . . .

PunM60C.jpg

- TB

It's he is saying adios and saluting YOU...I am sad over this TB.

There are differences to be sure but the main reason I took that shot was because of that movie poster ;)

Always have loved it. Never thought I'd actually use it but for #60 I could not resist.

- TB

Tim - forgive me if this is out of line, but I can't resist sharing this shot from the Dallas photoshoot.

As everyone here knows, Tim uses photo-reference for his Punisher covers, and I was fortunate enough to be there for the session where this image was shot. Here's my very amateur snapshot of Tom O'Brien being prepped for the image.

60_photo.JPG

Thanks for 100+ great covers Tim, and I can't help but wonder about your "last regular Punisher cover" comment. Is the comeback already on the horizon?

Tim - forgive me if this is out of line, but I can't resist sharing this shot from the Dallas photoshoot.

As everyone here knows, Tim uses photo-reference for his Punisher covers, and I was fortunate enough to be there for the session where this image was shot. Here's my very amateur snapshot of Tom O'Brien being prepped for the image.

60_photo.JPG

Thanks for 100+ great covers Tim, and I can't help but wonder about your "last regular Punisher cover" comment. Is the comeback already on the horizon?

Not out of line Adam.

And thanks for the thanks mate.

A comeback?

Not right away but the door is open for me to show up somehow somewhere down the line.

If the project and the timing is right . . .

I'm not leaving because I'm done.

A break is good though eh?

- TB

Hey tim, new on the boards, long time reader.

I when I heard you were leaving the punsiher aswell I was quite saddened by the fact, your art was amazing, and quite inspiring (my favourite has to the Tyger cover)

it's going to be strange to not see your work on the punisher in the future, but anyhow I wish you luck in your future endovors and career's

anyhow thanks man for the Awe insipiring Covers not sure if I can thank you enough.

This coming Wednesday, Punisher MAX #61 makes its debut with the absence of one TIM BRADSTREET.

It wasn't 'til I saw the cover for it in this month's Previews today that I really felt the emptyness in my stomach over Street's departure.

What was once The Punisher's greatest way of reeling me in, of getting me to buy a comic I knew little or nothing about, is now just another sketch that I wouldn't look at twice.

It is my theory that the book will suffer a great loss in sales and that the 100+ issues courtesy of Street will begin to gain a value higher than $10 (Punisher: Welcome Back Frank #1).

Let this be a little nostalgia trip to describe how it began and how it came to an end...

tim1ht5.jpg ---> tim2bvu9.jpg

-TL