Sign in to follow this  
joyce ford

Media ragging on TJ.

Why is it that the media thinks they have to rag on him all the time. The first thing was when they said he was gay now we all know that aint true and then the thing about the way he dresses you don't like the way he looks don't look at him. But to me he always dresses nice. And the one thing that really pisses me off are some of his so called fans bitching and moaning about the way he acted at some of the Comic Cons calling him rude and some called him a dick. You know some people do have bad days and he was probably tired and a little cranky. Some people act like they don't have days like that give me a break. Grow up people.

Why is it that the media thinks they have to rag on him all the time. The first thing was when they said he was gay now we all know that aint true and then the thing about the way he dresses you don't like the way he looks don't look at him. But to me he always dresses nice. And the one thing that really pisses me off are some of his so called fans bitching and moaning about the way he acted at some of the Comic Cons calling him rude and some called him a dick. You know some people do have bad days and he was probably tired and a little cranky. Some people act like they don't have days like that give me a break. Grow up people.

P.S. The reason I did this is cuz I look on the internet to see what he is up to if he is doing any new movies or about future comic cons. But 90% of it is gossip and rumors and putting him down. How about something about what he does for his community or the charities he supports or about up coming movies he is doing or about Raw Studios. I am sorry if some of you don't like what I posted but I just had to get it off my chest.

How about something about what he does for his community or the charities he supports or about up coming movies he is doing or about Raw Studios. I am sorry if some of you don't like what I posted but I just had to get it off my chest.

I totally agree! It's aggravating and disheartening at times, when I'm searching for news about Tom, that some of the opinions are so negative. But, then, I also see a lot of great comments and critiques too, so that's all good.

I think that, when someone in the public eye doesn't "play the game" and act a certain way and say certain accepted things, then feathers get ruffled.

I think the other problem is that, once the media or whoever, starts to nitpick about someone and it's all there in print online "forever", then other people feel they can just jump in the mud and start slinging it too.

What I have noticed, and rightly so, is that there is a minimal questioning about Tom's acting ability. The comments are usually, like you said, about his attire (which I think is awesome and stylish overall) or how he acts in public.

You know the media (and certain bloggers); they just love to puff up a good (well, bad) story, even when there isn't anything there...

Just my opinion on what you're saying and what I see online...

Jen

I think you got it Jen. The fans create all this interest and hype and then someone somewhere doesnt care for the celebrity and has a thing to say about it and then more people jump on either side. Some less tactfull or understanding than others. On the plus side if Tom was bombing and not interesting at all then these people wouldnt be bothering to bitch about him.

As far as his con appearances go, c'mon some of the people at cons are hard to be gracious with. I've heard them tell creators what they should or shouldnt have done and what not while theyre standing there with a small trolly full of books to get the guy to sign. Cons are really a world onto themselves. I recommend gin as a necessity when you go to a con.

I totally agree! It's aggravating and disheartening at times, when I'm searching for news about Tom, that some of the opinions are so negative. But, then, I also see a lot of great comments and critiques too, so that's all good.

I think that, when someone in the public eye doesn't "play the game" and act a certain way and say certain accepted things, then feathers get ruffled.

I think the other problem is that, once the media or whoever, starts to nitpick about someone and it's all there in print online "forever", then other people feel they can just jump in the mud and start slinging it too.

What I have noticed, and rightly so, is that there is a minimal questioning about Tom's acting ability. The comments are usually, like you said, about his attire (which I think is awesome and stylish overall) or how he acts in public.

You know the media (and certain bloggers); they just love to puff up a good (well, bad) story, even when there isn't anything there...

Jen

Jen

I like your opinion and your right they do say some good things about him. But this poor man probably can't even go to the bathroom with out someone following him. And I saw one video of him taken by the papparzi he was just trying to have lunch I guess with one of his friends and they had the nerve to ask him about his penis size. I was totally amazed they asked him that. How rude is that.

As soon as anything exists, people will form opinions about it. If people hate him, so be it. Assume that he is a jerk sometimes. So what? Everyone is a jerk sometimes. If nothing else, that just makes him a human, like the rest of us.

Personally, I like the polarizing effect he has on the public. He's trying to change how the game is played. People react differently to change, and a lot of that time, the reaction is negative.

I'm a fan of TJ for his positive and negative traits. He wouldn't be the cool guy is his without both.

Guest AdminGuyX

Tom is a real person. He's not portraying a persona or a manufactured identtity. There are certain media outlets who think that is something they can use to make money, because the down side to that is when you make a mistake, as human beings do, it can become public knowledge.

And at cons, having spent a few days behind a table with Tom, my feeling is that he is just being himself. If he is unhappy, he does not pretend to be otherwise. I just saw him being a normal guy. He even bought a bunch of cool stuff for his daughter at the show. Nobody ever reports that, do they?

A lot of fans, and I have seen this over and over again, seem to think that celebrities owe them a certain kind of experience. When they don't get what they think they are owed, they act out on the internet. They get very upset and very put out.

My feelings are that celebrities are just people. And in any group of people you have good folks and bad folks. Some famous people really are just assholes. Tom is not an asshole. He's just a guy who happens to be a well known actor.

Personally, I like the polarizing effect he has on the public. He's trying to change how the game is played. People react differently to change, and a lot of that time, the reaction is negative.

Tom definitly plays the game his own way and it's most likely the thing about him that draws my interest to him the most. The projects he picks and the enthusiasm and balls he brings to them.

And at cons, having spent a few days behind a table with Tom, my feeling is that he is just being himself. If he is unhappy, he does not pretend to be otherwise. I just saw him being a normal guy. He even bought a bunch of cool stuff for his daughter at the show. Nobody ever reports that, do they?

A lot of fans, and I have seen this over and over again, seem to think that celebrities owe them a certain kind of experience. When they don't get what they think they are owed, they act out on the internet. They get very upset and very put out.

That was what I was trying to get at. How some fans have unreal expectations about what to expect from creators or actors.

Not to speak ill of the dead, and I won't, but I met David Carradine twice, the first time, his handler did all the talking at first and it was all business, and it was expensive and put me off a bit but whatever.

I wasnt going to get what I wanted unless I dropped $75.00 (that was for a photo and two autographs, one on the photo one on a mag I'd brought with me). I opted for what was in my price range and wandered over to him and, shook hands and told him how my family had always gotten together at my Uncles house when I was kid on Sundays and both familes (4 adults and 8 kids of all ages!) would sit down in front of the TV and watch Kung Fu and then have dinner. It's a tender place in my heart and a memory that has served as a lifeline through the ocean of crazy shit has befallen all the people involved in it.

He shrugged it off with a "Yeah, I've heard that a million times.". And off to the next guy.

Well. I dont know what I was expecting him to say but it doesnt matter. He was a guy signing autographs at a booth who didnt know me from adam. He did that show a hundred years ago and didnt owe me any more than what I had paid for. He had already given me so much and it would have been stupid to let that 30 seconds ruin it so I didnt. I went home glad to have met him and still enjoy his work very much.

Tom is a real person. He's not portraying a persona or a manufactured identtity. There are certain media outlets who think that is something they can use to make money, because the down side to that is when you make a mistake, as human beings do, it can become public knowledge.

My feelings are that celebrities are just people. And in any group of people you have good folks and bad folks. Some famous people really are just assholes. Tom is not an asshole. He's just a guy who happens to be a well known actor.

Amen to that. And your right if they don't get what they want they post rude comments about him. You know he is only human like the rest of us.