Tom is talking about adding a DVD sleeve/pouch thingy to the inside front cover of the book - For those that want to keep their DVD and GN together as the complete package ;)

I think it's an awesome idea.

We're too blanketed-busy to get involved with Sony to package them together, but there's still an outside shot that we'll offer those through the store - Signed Harcovers, with DVD, BluRay, or BluRay 3D.

We'll likely do a limited run of 50. Stick around for that.

OK - Here's the real point of my post . . . Anyone ready for another sneak peek?

Arright, arrrrright . . . you convinced me. Let's not get too all-fired crazy!

Four pages from our "EXTRAS SECTION" - 38 pages (so far) of concept art, storyboards, production photos, poster art, illustration, and the inside scoop to the inner workings of DARK COUNTRY.

There's a lot more where this came from . . .

Spread from the DAVID ALLCOCK section = Badass

DCExtrasAllcock5_6.jpg

Spread featuring RAY ZONE on the left, and yours-truly on the right -

DCExtrasBradstreet29_30.jpg

Lets get it on, brothers and sisters -

- TB

Oh, man, this is going to be great. The extras in Bad Planet were cool, and this looks like you are taking it up another notch.

Glad to see all the behind the scenes stuff is getting a home. I reminds me of the Dark Country production journal you did that Sony had you edit. I know they have their reasons, but that's the kind of stuff that's great to hear and see when given the chance.

The DVD sleeve in the book would be great. Not a fan of the DVD art, so I would not miss that box sitting on the shelf ;)

That's right - Let the hardcover graphic novel be your DVD cover ;)

Tom and I are also selling DVDs, BluRays, and 3D BlueRays at San Diego this year. We're removing the Sony sleeves and replacing them with the covers that me and Allcock did.

Though it occurs to me now that we'll have to generate some new graphics to fit the BlueRay package.

I just wrapped up all the layout and book design for Dark Country and it's a freakin' whale - 128 pages of awesome.

Pretty much the COMPLETE Dark Country experience.

You all won't have to wait long for the digital version which should be available second Wednesday of May.

As mentioned before, the hardcovers will be available in July at Comicon. Gonna be SWEET.

- TB

Tom is talking about adding a DVD sleeve/pouch thingy to the inside front cover of the book - For those that want to keep their DVD and GN together as the complete package ;)

I think it's an awesome idea.

We're too blanketed-busy to get involved with Sony to package them together, but there's still an outside shot that we'll offer those through the store - Signed Harcovers, with DVD, BluRay, or BluRay 3D.

We'll likely do a limited run of 50. Stick around for that.

OK - Here's the real point of my post . . . Anyone ready for another sneak peek?

Arright, arrrrright . . . you convinced me. Let's not get too all-fired crazy!

Four pages from our "EXTRAS SECTION" - 38 pages (so far) of concept art, storyboards, production photos, poster art, illustration, and the inside scoop to the inner workings of DARK COUNTRY.

There's a lot more where this came from . . .

Spread from the DAVID ALLCOCK section = Badass

DCExtrasAllcock5_6.jpg

Spread featuring RAY ZONE on the left, and yours-truly on the right -

DCExtrasBradstreet29_30.jpg

Lets get it on, brothers and sisters -

- TB

Thanks for sharing these. They are really awsome and I mean really, really awsome.

The cover looks incredible. The skull/moth design is extraordinary. Plus, seeing the RAW logo on books always puts a smile on my face. :)

“At the End of the Road...The Nightmare Begins" is still the tagline it should’ve been for the movie. I don’t get how Sony didn’t pick it. This is one reason why the GN is gonna be amazing - You’re making the Dark Country Tom & you always intended to make and one that fans can truly & completely appreciate.

A DVD sleeve/pouch -- That’s genius! & convenient.

Thanks for the sneak peek, Tim! Those are some pretty sweet extras. I love looking at concept art, storyboards, production photos, etc. It’s a great way to immerse oneself into the realm of Dark Country.

I love that picture of you adding “Just Married” to the car. I’m glad it’s included, cause it’s still so cool that you did that.

The Photo Gallery -- Remarkable work. Fitting those images within Bloodyface’s silhouette is clever & looks really great. & there’s that RAW cola….ah, beautiful. Is there any way of including a RAW cola can wrapper of some sort in the GN (a long shot, right)?

Will any pictures of Chris Browning’s Stranger appear in the extas?

:P I love that you’re removing Sony’s covers & putting on the CORRECT ones. And by removing, do you mean recycling? ;) I still have my Sony cover, but it’s behind the DVD. I don’t want to look at it or the stupid “mysterious shovel” (still bugs me).

Switching to the Bradstreet Dark Country DVD cover is one of the best decisions a lover of real art can make. B)

Awww - You sweetheart!

Here's some answers - In RED

The cover looks incredible. The skull/moth design is extraordinary. Plus, seeing the RAW logo on books always puts a smile on my face. :)

;)

“At the End of the Road...The Nightmare Begins" is still the tagline it should’ve been for the movie. I don’t get how Sony didn’t pick it. This is one reason why the GN is gonna be amazing - You’re making the Dark Country Tom & you always intended to make and one that fans can truly & completely appreciate.

It's definitely a sweet ride from cover to cover. You're going to LOVE the way Tab's short story is written. We're very proud of this one.

A DVD sleeve/pouch -- That’s genius! & convenient.

I thought the same. Great idea by Tom.

Thanks for the sneak peek, Tim! Those are some pretty sweet extras. I love looking at concept art, storyboards, production photos, etc. It’s a great way to immerse oneself into the realm of Dark Country.

14 pages of Allcock art, a bunch of stuff by yours truly, photos, and surprises ;)

I love that picture of you adding “Just Married” to the car. I’m glad it’s included, cause it’s still so cool that you did that.

It's fun seeing the car in the film with that writing on the trunk and knowing it's my own handwriting. That's just a great geek moment fer me ;)

The Photo Gallery -- Remarkable work. Fitting those images within Bloodyface’s silhouette is clever & looks really great. & there’s that RAW cola….ah, beautiful. Is there any way of including a RAW cola can wrapper of some sort in the GN (a long shot, right)?

The photos in the bloodyface silhouette is one of my proudest moments in the book. VERY satisfied with the way that turned out. RAW can wraps. Sounds like something that would be an awesome freebie to give away at shows!

Will any pictures of Chris Browning’s Stranger appear in the extas?

YES ;)

:P I love that you’re removing Sony’s covers & putting on the CORRECT ones. And by removing, do you mean recycling? ;) I still have my Sony cover, but it’s behind the DVD. I don’t want to look at it or the stupid “mysterious shovel” (still bugs me). We always recycle! ;)

Switching to the Bradstreet Dark Country DVD cover is one of the best decisions a lover of real art can make. B)

You 'ol sweet talker!

-tb

Bradstreet, you’re too kind. :wub:

David Allcock is incredibly talented; it’ll be rewarding to hold his art in my hands. Oh, goody. I do love surprises.

Not everyone’s handwriting appears in movies; it’s exciting that yours did.

Bloodyface silhouette -- You should be extremely proud of it; so far, it’s my favorite part of the extras. :D

RAW can wraps being freebies at shows -- Yes! Brilliant!

Chris Browning -- Awesome! I love that guy. After Tom’s Dick, Chris’s Stranger is my favorite character. He’s someone I can’t fully figure out; he’s super mysterious.

RAW recycles -- Good to know. Of course, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if a few of Sony’s covers made their way into a trash can. Just (half) kidding. ;)

I look forward to absorbing every single Dark Country GN page.

Thanks for answering my questions, Tim! I only give the best of compliments to the best people. ;)

Is the book going to be bundled with the 3-D Blue Ray, or is there going to be a seperate run, or both?

as stated above - - we're adding a DVD Pocket to the FIC (that's front inside cover for all you non-geeky publishers out there) - just so anyone who so desires can have the complete Dark Country experience all in one convenient location!

of course, the pocket is also good for stashing drug money, xtc pills, or dead moths... and what else?

Are the plans still a go for the 3D Blu-Ray? I remeber at one time there was talk about packaging the BD and the book together. Tom really needs to get Sony on board for using one of your covers, Tim. Then all will be right in the world ;)

wouldn't that be amazing? we can dream... no plans for an American BluRay out any time soon - but i kinda like the DIY kit that you can put together using the dvd pocket, or one of Tim's exclusive dvd covers we'll be sporting at comicon this year...

i even hear that there might be a 'bootleg' directors cut of the film in the works - in 3D!

but ya didn't hear that from me.

as stated above - - we're adding a DVD Pocket to the FIC (that's front inside cover for all you non-geeky publishers out there) - just so anyone who so desires can have the complete Dark Country experience all in one convenient location!

of course, the pocket is also good for stashing drug money, xtc pills, or dead moths... and what else?

Stashing dead moths -- Perfect! :lol:

wouldn't that be amazing? we can dream... no plans for an American BluRay out any time soon - but i kinda like the DIY kit that you can put together using the dvd pocket, or one of Tim's exclusive dvd covers we'll be sporting at comicon this year...

i even hear that there might be a 'bootleg' directors cut of the film in the works - in 3D!

but ya didn't hear that from me.

The DVD pocket would be a great place to keep that ‘bootleg’ 3D Dark Country Director’s Cut that you’re…er…I mean...someone’s possibly working on. ;)

It makes me think of the Italian edition of Machine of Death: http://machineofdeat...italian-edition

David Malki is brilliant despite his obsession offline with facial hair.

I was going to wait for the physical copy, but I could not wait. It was only 9.99, so I downloaded it. If you are not sure if you want to pick it up because you have seen the film, you will be missing out. You get two versions in one book, both a diffrent take, both adding something new. Tab's story is a frantic nightmare, in a good way, and Ott's take is amazing. If you liked the sample pannels, you just wait. They saved some of the best. I can not wait to get the hard copy.

Tom, Tim, you guys need to work with Ott again. Friggen amazing.

Now, how does Mom fit into all of this...

i posted this link up on the Dark Country thread - but i wanted to share it here, as we are gearing up for the comiXology release of the Dark Country GN.

LIAM SHARP send me a link to his account of the CASTRO THEATER experience.

it's a bloody good read:

https://www.facebook...150454092666692

Your right it was a bloody good read. I loved that movie. You did an excellent job directing it and I am not just saying that cuz I am a fan of yours I really think you have the knack for directing. :rolleyes:

It looks amazing on a Retina Display... now just need to get a HC with the sleeve from my 3D Blu-Ray (from france) that I really want to watch again now... ahem... Directors Cut .. 3D ... :)

I've got the hardcover on order; can't wait to get it and dive in. Thomas Ott's images are stunning! Hope he gets to collabo on some more RAW books.

I've got the hardcover on order; can't wait to get it and dive in. Thomas Ott's images are stunning! Hope he gets to collabo on some more RAW books.

Quick question for you where did you order it from?

They have it at Midtown Comics: http://www.midtowncomics.com

Thanks for letting me know. :rolleyes:

I heard Thomas Jane on The Nerdist podcast saying September, but I didn't hear that episode until October, so once I started looking it was already out. That podcast is what turned me on to RAW, actually.

Got the hardcover, at last! It is top-quality work all-around. Ott is in top form on this book and the short story and film production section are excellent as well. On top of all that, the publication design is solid.

The book is getting RAVE reviews. For good reason. Ott has done some, in my humble opinion, genre redefining work on this thing. I just love what he's done. It's nothing short of inspiring. Makes me want to try my hand at some scratch board.

Indeed, Ott is in top form on Dark Country. The format of the hardcover book really shows off his work well. I have been reading his collection of short stories, R.I.P., which has pages that are 8.5" X 11" and I keep wishing they were the larger format like Dark Country.