Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

HUNG season 3

What did everybody think about last night's episode?

Transgenderism meshed into this popular series totally works. Definitely a first and kudos to the excellent writers on HUNG.

I have enjoyed this season very much. Especially Kyla's character. What an unanticipated twist to the show?

I am hoping her character will serve to reduce prejudice and hate out there.

I was wondering how this was going to play out. Last weeks episode I thought had amazing set up with Lenor's revelation and the cut to Ray getting a bj. This is the type of thing that could/would destroy a man mentally and emotionally, and seeing as how Ray in season one was a bit uptight at first about giving a woman oral sex, well, you know it would not go well for him.

I like how the writers handled this episode. It easily could have come off as preachy, but it made it's point, put some good drama with it, but in the end, Ray got over his ego. We got a bit of the first two seasons with this one. I'm also courious what is going to happen with the reveal of Charlie and the shoe box.

The beauty of HUNG is that you get Ray, who comes in with his typical male attitude, is confronted with a problem, and eventually, he overcomes the problem, learning how to deal with it. We really don't get to see a lot of male characters struggling with real problems, but with HUNG we get that and some more of the "fun" problems that are all part of the job of being a ho ;)

Lenore is just an absolute bitch who absolutely needs a good 'ol fashion crack across the chops.

You know . . . From Tanya . . . WHACK! (body hits floor).

;)

- tb

About LENORE ~ we all know she needs a good whacking but with all honesty here..she is fabulous on the show.

She is a fine actress. Every show needs a good bitch slapping biatch and she's perfect.

No wonder the producers/writers have decided to keep her on. I believe everyone on the show is type casted perfectly.

I am also very proud of their new add on Jason (Stephen Amell) , who happens to be Canadian (a fellow canadian right here).

He is great competition for Ray. These two characters bring such spice to the series ~ as the song

goes "Loving every minute of it"...

Going back to Lenore...I can't believe she has finally gone over to see Jessica. To plant the seed about Happiness Consultants...

Oh boy, I wonder how that will all turn out? What are everyone's predicitions?

Anddd, let's do a poll here...

How many of you believe that Jason & Sandee are guilty of taking the red shoe box?

Opps some spoilers (but trying not to be specific here for the others whom haven't watched Season 3 yet)...

Or

Do you guys believe Charlie set them all up and is totally guitly? (which I happen to believe)

Tell me your thoughts before this up and coming episode...where I am sure (duh duh duhhh) we will all soon find out.

I might also add I love the music that they play on the show. Colette over on twitter revealed to me who does all the pickings.

Frankie Pine is the guy! He hands them over a bunch a tunes and then they make their final decisions. They are all doing a great job!

Wouldn't you guys agree? What are your favourite songs so far from all the seasons?

If anyone is interested I always post them on my twitter account.

KOPELaraa aka sunshine :)

My prediction about Charlie was right...I guess it was evident.

Nice to see everyone joining in...

Any last predictions before the final episode of Season 3. Anyone????

Who wants Ray and Jessica to get back together?

Or better yet, who wants Ray and Logan to get together?

Hmmm, I wonder if they're all signed up yet for another great Season?

p.s can't wait to see how Jessica handles Ray...

I'm not sure what to think of Jessica since the end of season 2. He wants Ray, but is not willing to give him a chance. Then she takes a couple of classes and seems to be empowered by them. I could see her "paying" for Ray to gain a bit more power for herself and over Ray. I think that would be an interesting dynamic in their relationship.

Very interesting prediction there JWeber but do you think she will actually pay him?

...I did notice that was one of her first Q's to Ray "Are you good at what you do?"

I am sensing a whole lotta of resentment here...from Jess...

I am sure she is dying to find out because they never had that in all of their years of marriage.

Truthfully for most women to reach is nonexistent...(that is a whole other ball of wax!) lol

I'm guessing here (from what I got from her) that is why she is not entirely upset at him.

I'm sure Jessica is curious to find out herself and I'm sure a session will be in the works...

But the Q here is if and when they do -- then what?

Like when Tanya asked Ray and then what? It's evident that Ray still loves her...

It's totally Jessica's call and I CAN'T WAIT to find out!

And was I just seeing things or does Tanya some how have feelings for Ray (deep down)? That look in the end threw me off.

It could be feelings for Ray, but it could be resentment for lack of feelings shared between her and Ray while married. Since we don't know all the details of their marraige, I'm guessing from what we have seen, that Ray took it for granted. I'm sure he was in love with her, he deffinatly is now, but I can see how being the big man on campus, taking care of a family single handed, and making love to your wife with the perfect dick, I'm sure you get comforatble with your life and expect things to go easy for you.

Ray being "Hung" is probably where Jess is upset. Look at how Ray is most of the tim: it's not about taking care of a woman, because, hey, my dick is big, that's all they need. At the end of the episodes, Ray learns there is more to it, but he starts out with a chip on his shoulder. Now that Jess is taking classes, I'm sure she knows Ray can't just have the same monotonous sex, he needs to appeal to their needs, not his. Ronnie provided this affection for Jess, and I would guess this is why she left Ray. I could see that hurting her, that after their marriage, he finally learns how to take care of a woman's needs and wants.

wow! only one more freakin ep left! i think it's been a great season. i'll be on the twitter tomorrow night, live chatting so come check us out #HungChat

folks, we haven't been picked up for season 4 yet. i think HBO is rethinking their whole 'comedy' line up, and even though HUNG is their most watched comedy, i got a funny feeling. i think HBO is waiting to see if we get any Golden Globe noms. which kinda sucks cause i've been nominated twice, and even though i think 3 is our best year, well three noms in a row doesn't seem likely. but i think REBECCA is due ! or JANE! ANNE! somebody.

I hope they get their act together, HUNG is one of the few consistanly good shows out there. I really enjoyed where this season went and was hoping for more. One more episode? Bummer, I was hoping for more.

well duh!

Very cute Mr.Jane...HeHeHe...

i know that MissTanya will always have feelings deep down for Ray but I am surprised that they are bringing this back in to show.

I know from earlier ep's...they had a fling together and for Ray it was just a fling but for Tanya it was a whole lot more.

They are trying to show that women are emotional creatures and through Tanya's eyes she can't just have a fling.

That is why she cares so much about her Ho...Remember when Charlie would always say: "He's just your Ho".

After all the heartaches of Charlie and others...Ray is the only one who hasn't played on her big heart ever.

And for that she loves him even more! I get all that it's a given but I guess we will have to wait in Season 4 to see where all of this goes...

I love this show because it really shows the viewers how a woman's psyche really works and for the first time it's beautiful how they showcase Ray understanding women in general.

After all of Ray's experiences with women...it's Tanya who truly helps him understand a woman through his eyes.

They make a great team...I love their chemistry on the show...they are like frick & frack, ebony & ivory, captain & tennille ...

I am sure your catching my drift here ~~ it's totally believable!!!

Here's hoping you guys are nominatted this year!!!!!!!!

They're going to leave us hanging like this? Damn. There should at least be a few more episodes, it's really getting good. Jess is kicking ass, finally. Lenor gets, well, I don't want to give it away, and Ray and Tanya loose the business and get a truck load of "beefalos".

The only thing missing this season was the kids. They were hardly on the show. I was wondering what was going to happen this season considering Damon's actions in season 2.

HungFans if u want S4 then comment HERE: this is highly influential:... fb.me/WTIRE7Pj

HungFans if u want S4 then comment HERE: this is highly influential: ... say.ly/WQt15Ct

Just today this was posted on Thomas Jane's twitter...he wants "us the fans" to comment to keep HUNG around on HBO!

Come on folks let's all comment!!!!

Links to reviews of last episode (and whole season) of Hung. Beware of plot spoilers for last episode and the whole season:

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-lexington/hung-goes-for-the-whole-beefalo-review

and

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/pimpin-aint-easy-thoughts-on-hung-season-3

Jen

for all UK fans. Season 3 is now starting on Saturday night on SKY Atlantic at midnight.

I really enjoyed all 3 seasons of hung. I was really sad when I heard HBO had cancelled them. I don't understand why they did. To me when you have someone from the show getting nominated 3 times for a golden globe that should be saying something about the show and that persons acting ability which we all know he is a very good actor. :(

Yeah, it sucks that HBO cancelled Hung, which was one of its better performing shows, to bring on new shows and now they've had to cancel one of those (Luck) because they're killing too many horses. Damn shame. I'd much rather have watched a show about a man that was hung like a horse than a show about actual horses. ;)

Yeah, it sucks that HBO cancelled Hung, which was one of its better performing shows, to bring on new shows and now they've had to cancel one of those (Luck) because they're killing too many horses. Damn shame. I'd much rather have watched a show about a man that was hung like a horse than a show about actual horses. ;)

You got that right. I just love that hung like a horse.

I liked Hung for two reasons.

1. I really enjoyed seeing Ray Drecker learn about how to treat people. He was constantly evolving from a guy who only cared about what he wanted out of life to a guy with a big heart who puts other people's happiness before his own. It's a beautiful tragedy when he tries so hard to make things right, only to have them worse off than before. Just awesome.

2. Jane Adams acting ability allows her to steal the scenes she is in. She really knows how to portray someone who is awkward, frustrated, and sympathetic both physically and emotionally.

The good side to Hung being off the air is that TJ can work on his own personal projects. As much as I love the projects where he is simply acting (which granted are amazing), I love the projects where he has the most creative control. He's got great ideas that only he seems to be willing to make manifest, such as the noir-verse.

I liked Hung for two reasons.

1. I really enjoyed seeing Ray Drecker learn about how to treat people. He was constantly evolving from a guy who only cared about what he wanted out of life to a guy with a big heart who puts other people's happiness before his own. It's a beautiful tragedy when he tries so hard to make things right, only to have them worse off than before. Just awesome.

2. Jane Adams acting ability allows her to steal the scenes she is in. She really knows how to portray someone who is awkward, frustrated, and sympathetic both physically and emotionally.

The good side to Hung being off the air is that TJ can work on his own personal projects. As much as I love the projects where he is simply acting (which granted are amazing), I love the projects where he has the most creative control. He's got great ideas that only he seems to be willing to make manifest, such as the noir-verse.

I agree with you. He definately has what it takes to be and actor and director and anything in between. He is a very talented and smart man. :rolleyes:

Gotta say....HUNG has got to be one of my favorite shows of all time! Next to Entourage.

I'm still sad to see it go :( We would of started watching Season 4 right about now -- damn HBO!

Anywho, just got my season 3 dvd in....

I loved the whole series but I have to say Season 3 was really well done.

It was great to get the dvd and see all the extras.

Great commentary, some deleted scenes and a very interesting alternative ending to the very last episode "The Whole Beefalo".

Which I think it gives you an ending to the whole series/or what it would of lead to... If anyone is not getting the dvd and wants to know the alternative ending DM me. I don't want to spoil it for the rest of you.

But I'm really curious as to why they wouldn't of just kept it as the actual ending.

A big hmmmm? I guess just to keep us guessing until Season 4. I'm sure if they knew they weren't coming back...maybe they would of just ended it this way.

Here's the 1st of 3 kinda detailed reviews I found online for the BluRay package of Hung, Season 3:

"Hung: The Complete Third Season on Blu-ray rocked, but it was too little, too late. The show features some stellar performances by the primary cast, extremely solid technical specifications, and above average special features. It's real unfortunate that Hung was canceled."

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/58034/hung-the-complete-third-season/

Jen