Sign in to follow this  
origin1950

MAX PAYNE

OK, OK. You can't just throw out Tom Jane playing Snake Plissken in the middle of a Max Payne thread and then not talk about it again.

You CAN'T do that!! :)

That casting works. And now that the idea is stuck in my brainpan I can't imagine why they would cast anyone else as Snake. It's perfect casting.

Lets just hope they don't hire Brett Ratner or Len Wiseman to direct it.

On the Mark Walberg subject, I am not a fan. I generally avoid his movies if I can, with a few small exceptions. 4 brothers being one of them. I enjoyed the film because he was part of a larger cast and the film didn't focus on him too much.

I too love Entourage. Just a great show.

I think his casting as Max Payne is OK. I've never played the game but I have noticed that he never seems to look quite the same from ad to ad, or game to game.

I just wanna see Tom with long hair and the eye patch, we got a glimpse of the eye patch with Fury and that worked out really f*ckin' well and Tom has had long hair in many films so I think that it would be bad ass.

Mark Wahlberg tends to be more of a star than an actor, he really doesn't change much in appearance, voice, stance, etc. in between roles. He essentially plays himself. I'd rather have a good character actor play Max Payne, one who hasn't done a film with shootouts, which almost every Wahlberg film has.

Just an opinion though. I played the game and it is really gritty, I'd go for an up and coming actor if it was up to me.

JO

I just learned that The Shield creator Shawn Ryan wrote this Fall's very anticipated MAX PAYNE.

This movie has the potential to be a very gritty and Scorsesian action flick. There's rumors that the cinematography is very dark and with a $70 Million budget, I think its gonna be a good close to this year's actionfest.

The FOX film just wrapped from a Canada shoot and there's already talks of a tie-in video game to the release this October. They're saying it'll be a prequel to the first game.

This may be the big one for Wahlberg, the one that turns him into an action hero.

OCTOBER 17

-TL

I just learned that The Shield creator Shawn Ryan wrote this Fall's very anticipated MAX PAYNE.

This movie has the potential to be a very gritty and Scorsesian action flick. There's rumors that the cinematography is very dark and with a $70 Million budget, I think its gonna be a good close to this year's actionfest.

The FOX film just wrapped from a Canada shoot and there's already talks of a tie-in video game to the release this October. They're saying it'll be a prequel to the first game.

This may be the big one for Wahlberg, the one that turns him into an action hero.

OCTOBER 17

-TL

I thought SHOOTER was the one that turned him into an action hero.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to this movie, but I am apprehensive about the game. I don't want a prequel, I want a sequel. I want to see what happens to Max after his fall from (relative) grace.

The film does have the potential to be a great crime film, as well as the best video game to film translation so far.

Though I don't know about Shawn Ryan. I heard that he wrote the original script, but then Fox hired another writer to go in and heavily re-edit Ryan's script.

Any truth to those rumours?

Guest AdminGuyX

The trailer reminded me of Constantine in tone, and a little in visuals. It does look pretty good.

I've never played the game, and despite my averison to all things Walbergian, I might just check this one out!

I don't know how many times I've seen the trailer... It looks very cool IMO. Man, I hope the movie is good.

THE TRAILER KICKED ASS!!!

I had a good feeling about this one all along.

Wahlberg is lookin fierce and Mila is gonna be red hot in this movie.

Its got a fantastic feel - dark, gritty and nightmarish.

I can't wait.

maxpayneass9.jpg

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Merged topics. Let stay with a single Max Payne thread please.

Thanks.

:)

DIG that poster.

The poster is not a fake.

posters.motechnet.com has hundreds of authentic posters in its site. Why the fuck would they have ONE fake and 100 authentic posters???

Its also the same poster featured in the Trailer page you provided.

Back up your argument if you can,

-TL

The poster is not a fake.

posters.motechnet.com has hundreds of authentic posters in its site. Why the fuck would they have ONE fake and 100 authentic posters???

Its also the same poster featured in the Trailer page you provided.

Back up your argument if you can,

-TL

Well, for one... the picture of Wahlberg screaming is from Deviant-art, which in turn is from a photo of Wahlberg in a magazine... like a decade ago.

Mark_Wahlberg_by_CreatureBoy.jpg

http://creatureboy.deviantart.com/art/Mark-Wahlberg-23695703

And for another... the photo of Wahlberg shows him too young. It's apparently from The Basketball Diaries or something.

Wahlberg looks like this in Max Payne:

currentmarkcx8.jpg

That image used in the poster is from at least ten years ago.

I commend you Arsh.

You're really on to something here.

My guess is perhaps IT IS a fake - but if so, a fuckin FANTASTIC fake.

I love that poster, and was looking forward to buying it already.

Just look at Mila man!

-TL

*Is it possible, that FOX bought the rights to that image of Mark and used it in the poster?

I commend you Arsh.

You're really on to something here.

My guess is perhaps IT IS a fake - but if so, a fuckin FANTASTIC fake.

I love that poster, and was looking forward to buying it already.

Just look at Mila man!

-TL

*Is it possible, that FOX bought the rights to that image of Mark and used it in the poster?

It's a great fake, no doubt. But fake, nevertheless.

And Mila is damn hot.

I think Fox can afford to make a brand new poster with current day Mark...

I think FOX needs to hire the guy that made that fake to make the poster.

Its like that guy that made a Teaser poster for X-Men Origins: Wolverine for the SHH! Boards and some French mags printed it as if it were the real thing.

There's great talent out there.

-TL

I like the second one there. Reminds me of the original Max Payne cover. I really don't like that first one though.

There was something nostalgic about the fake.

The black and white, the heavy contrast, gritty texture...

These real posters are just fuckin generic.

Sometimes a fresh take can go a long way man,

-TL

I was at a Century theatres near my town, and I saw two movie posters on the wall next to each other...One was a Max Payne poster and the other was a Punisher: Warzone poster. I dont know why but i thought it was pretty cool for them to be side by side...