Sign in to follow this  
Jason

TJ as Master cheif?

If they were going to seriously make a halo movie (even though I have played that game only once I Think) My buddy was saying oh Tom Jane would be perfect for that role as master cheif.

But I don't think TJ really liked that type of science fiction, cuz theres to much action and not much real science fiction.

What do you people think?

TJ's a versatile guy, but I don't think he'd wanna do a video-game movie. He's already getting skeptical about comic book movies, so I doubt he'd jump on that. He turned down G.I. Joe but didn't discard it's possibilities as a good film. I think the only 2 characters that were created outside of script form TJ would do, are Jack Dietz and Cal Macdonald.

-TL

In an interview Tom said something about Halo.

TJ: (laughs) Well, I'm always trying to come up with some crazy shit and I'm always trying to find ways to get those things on film or on paper. This one in particular came out of my deep love of science fiction—and I've just always been bereft over the fact that science fiction in comics has virtually died out. When I was a kid, science fiction was such an important part of my inspiration and I continually ask myself, "Where is this stuff for the kids of today?"

The sad part of it is—is that they are all sitting around playing HALO 3—which is a bunch of guys blowing ____ up in spacesuits but that’s not really science fiction.

NRAMA: So you think there is a lack of substance—

TJ: Yeah, in my formative years, science fiction really helped shape my imagination and my creativity—Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov—all the great writers of that genre. Also, you have to consider all the amazing science fiction movies that were around when I was a kid; those movies were about something. There was just a deeper level of context—and you add all the spaceships and monsters on top of that—it’s just fascinating; not to mention that there was actually a lot of literary stuff coming out of science fiction at the time.

NRAMA: But it’s not all a desolate wasteland - a lot of science fiction has been added to modern high school reading lists—Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game is pretty standard for high school age kids these days.

TJ: It is? Oh man, that’s awesome. Ender’s Game is an absolute classic—I mean, it’s such a terrific book. I’m glad then that at some point kids are being exposed to this genre with more frequency.

I don't see Tom doing a movie about a video game that he really doesn't think that much of and I think Tom is right about HALO. I have not read the comic book but I would love to see Cal Macdonald made into a movie and of course Tom as Cal.

i kown if they made this film it wound be a another to big typical hollywood action stupid film i wound not want to see tom in that kind of film to big to hollywood not deep a nuff like the mist

that would be the coolest thing ever, i would even go SEE that movie if he was in it.

I think if Tom was to do any video game movie that he would be the PERFECT Solid Snake for Metal Gear. Anyone else agree? I would love to see him pursue that role if it ever came up to him.

i kown if they made this film it wound be a another to big typical hollywood action stupid film i wound not want to see tom in that kind of film to big to hollywood not deep a nuff like the mist

Got that right.

Last I heard actor Christian Bale was in talks to play Snake and I have to say that he would be a far better choice because he could play Snake very well and he looks more like Solid Snake.

You know I would like to see people start naming roles for Tom that doesn't involve him holding and shooting a gun and playing a tough guy. Tom will be typecast if keeps playing that same role.