Sign in to follow this  
sidewaysgaze

Thomas Jane Filmography

Ok, here is another in-progress topic - Tom's filmography; I don't want to cut 'n' paste from IMDB.com, so here is my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group description. Maybe we can work on an actual "list" instead of paragraphs:

Tom is a talented and versatile actor who has been on rise in entertainment industry for 2 decades, performing in films like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Nemesis, The Crow: City of Angels and working in critically-acclaimed, indie films including The Last Time I Committed Suicide (with Keanu Reeves, Adrien Brody) and Boogie Nights. He took small roles in Face/Off and The Thin Red Line and appeared in cult hit Thursday and broke through to mainstream audience with action thriller Deep Blue Sea.

Tom worked in indie films like Magnolia, Molly, and Under Suspicion and hit a home run with Billy Crystal-directed 61* playing real-life baseball legend Mickey Mantle (Barry Pepper was Roger Maris).

Hollywood movies with celeb co-stars followed. Original Sin (with Angelina Jolie, Antonio Banderas), The Sweetest Thing (with Cameron Diaz), and Dreamcatcher (with Damian Lewis, Jason Lee, Morgan Freeman).

Tom starred in The Punisher (with John Travolta, Rebecca Romijn), based on Marvel comic book character, much-praised Stander, and guest-starred on TV shows Arrested Development and Medium.

Tom created Bad Planet comic book with Steve Niles (reissued in July), Alien Pig Farm 3000 comic book (out now), has filmed Killshot (out Spring 2008), The Tripper, directed by David Arquette (DVD out Oct 30, 2007), Mutant Chronicles (out 2008), and The Mist (Nov 21, 2007 release; based on Stephen King story), and will star in The Lurkers, as well as direct Dark Country in 3-D and miniseries for SciFi Channel. Thomas and Steve Niles have their own production company, RAW Entertainment.

I just found a filmography "list" I put together a while back, so it's not up to date... If anyone sees any mistakes, let us know - and feel free to add his latest films and roles -

Tom Jane Filmography:

Padamati Sandhya Ragam (1986) – Tom

I’ll Love You Forever…Tonight (1992) – the hustler

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) – Zeph

Nemesis (1993) – Billy

At Ground Zero (1994) – Thomas Quinton Pennington

High Tide (1995 – TV – season 2; episode 6) – Barry

Hollywood Confidential (1996) – V Phree

The Crow: City of Angels (1996) – Nemo

The Last Time I Committed Suicide (1997) – Neal Cassady

Face/Off (1997) – Burke Hicks

Boogie Nights (1997) – Todd Parker

Thursday (1998) – Casey

The Velocity of Gary (1998) – Gary (not his real name)

Zack and Reba (1998) – Sparky Stokes

The Thin Red Line (1998) – Private Ash

Deep Blue Sea (1999) – Carter Blake

Molly (1999) – Sam

Magnolia (1999) – young Jimmy Gator

Under Suspicion (2000) – Detective Felix Owens

Jonni Nitro (2000 – Olivia D’Abo plays Jonni)

61* (2001) – Mickey Mantle

Original Sin (2001) – Walter Downs/Billy

Eden (2001) – Dov

The Sweetest Thing (2002) – Peter Donahue

Junked (2003?) - Switch

Dreamcatcher (2003) – Dr. Henry Devlin

Stander (2003 – screened at Toronto Film Festival) – Andre Stander

The Punisher (2004) – Frank Castle/ The Punisher

Theater work:

The Glass Menagerie at Laguna Playhouse

All My Sons at Odyssey Theater

Does a Tiger Wear a Necktie? at Baltimore Center Stage

Pastels at Studio Theater

Strange Snow at Sal Romeo Theater

The Idiot and Jews Without Money at Whitefire Theater

Roy’s Coffee Shop at Road Theater

Junked at Marilyn Monroe Theater

I think I have seen at least 99% of Tom's films but have never been able to find Jonni Nitro was it released? The other film I have never been able to find is Eden any info on where one could find that one?

Aaron

Jonni Nitro was the internet series wasen't it? :huh:

I think I have seen at least 99% of Tom's films but have never been able to find Jonni Nitro was it released? The other film I have never been able to find is Eden any info on where one could find that one?

Aaron

As ReCoil mentioned, Jonni Nitro was an internet series, done in the style of the Sin City film -- waaay before Sin City was even a film concept!

Now, not to be pain in the ass, but if you guys were members of my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group (maybe you are?), then you would have seen my messages there about where to find Jonni Nitro online and you'd be able to see all the stills I took of Tom in the series. ;)

Jen

For now, I'll add a pic of Tom as Brack:

JonniNitroEp31.jpg

Thanks for the info! I never joined the Yahoo group Jen, sorry. I will look into it as soon as I have a chance. James thanks for the link to the show!

Aaron

Aaron, you *must* join my Group on Tom!! :lol: I'm always adding photos of Tom there (and a friend of mine called Patti is also adding tons of pix) and breaking news - at least when I hear about things...Feel free to add what you like there. :)

And, yes James, thanks for that info! :D I was just going to search the back messages at my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group, to try to find the link to Jonni Nitro online, but ya beat me to it, thank goodness. :lol:

Ok, now back to a continuation of Tom's Filmography - the latest stuff:

The Punisher video game (2004) - The Punisher/Frank Castle

GUN video game (2005) - Colton White

Medium tv series (2006) - Clay Bicks (Tom's wife Patricia Arquette stars in this tv series; Tom appears in Four Dreams episode, parts 1 and 2)

The Tripper (2007) - Buzz Hall

The Mist (2007) - David Drayton

Killshot (2008) - Wayne Colson

Mutant Chronicles (2008) - Major Mitch Hunter

Dark Country (2008) - ...

Jen

The other film I have never been able to find is Eden any info on where one could find that one?

Aaron

From what I recall, Eden might only be available as a Region 2 DVD...I had the hardest time locating this film, and I think I bought the Region 2 DVD on Ebay, and had to ask someone who knew how to convert to videotape...

So my suggestion is try Ebay, but there won't be a Region 1 DVD listed probably, and if it's on videotape, it's probably PAL format.

Jen

PS I recommend you get this film ONLY if you're nuts about Tom or a completist. It is deadly dull in execution for the most part...

Jen I promise I will join the Yahoo group by this weekend. Oh and yeah The Punisher game came out in 2005

Aaron

Since Jen is showing Tom's Filmography I saw a few weeks ago on a website a poster that said "GUN: Magruder's Ghost". It was spotted in a demo for Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, a fellow Activision and Neversoft title.

GUN 2: Magruder’s Ghost.

I hope there making GUN 2 and that Tom comes back to voice Colton.

Jen I promise I will join the Yahoo group by this weekend. Oh and yeah The Punisher game came out in 2005

Aaron

Oh yes, Aaron, come in the Jen's group .. ;)

it's very nice !

Patti

I joined a few days ago. my yahoo name is chicagovader1 I have not posted any messages yet.

Aaron

Oh yes, Aaron, come in the Jen's group .. ;)

it's very nice !

Patti

Thanks for the kind words Patti! :D You're one the main people that make the Thomas Jane Yahoo Groups active and wonderful to be at. Thank you for all your hard work in finding news and photos on Tom. :)

I joined a few days ago. my yahoo name is chicagovader1 I have not posted any messages yet.

Aaron

Thanks for joining Aaron - don't worry about posting messages - no one else does, it seems! :o

I don't know what happened, but enthusiam just waned, at least with posting messags, maybe because Tom hasn't had a movie out in a while, so the masses get lazy... ;)

Speaking of lazy though, I am getting a bit PO'd that more people from my Groups aren't moving to this Forum and posting messages -- or maybe they are here, but as visitors with no registered names, etc... - very disappointing, I think, when you have an official Forum where the actual "subjects of conversation" (i.e., Tom and Tim and other peeps) are here - and contributing (especially Tim! Wow, he's amazing! Where does he get the time to write up all his posts?!) - and the fans don't even come out and support them in large numbers? :angry:

Sorry, I just had to get that out there...you know, vent a little bit...

Jen

Thanks for the kind words Patti! :D You're one the main people that make the Thomas Jane Yahoo Groups active and wonderful to be at. Thank you for all your hard work in finding news and photos on Tom. :)

Thanks for joining Aaron - don't worry about posting messages - no one else does, it seems! :o

I don't know what happened, but enthusiam just waned, at least with posting messags, maybe because Tom hasn't had a movie out in a while, so the masses get lazy... ;)

Speaking of lazy though, I am getting a bit PO'd that more people from my Groups aren't moving to this Forum and posting messages -- or maybe they are here, but as visitors with no registered names, etc... - very disappointing, I think, when you have an official Forum where the actual "subjects of conversation" (i.e., Tom and Tim and other peeps) are here - and contributing (especially Tim! Wow, he's amazing! Where does he get the time to write up all his posts?!) - and the fans don't even come out and support them in large numbers? :angry:

Sorry, I just had to get that out there...you know, vent a little bit...

Jen

Very well understood, I'm a long time member of your forums and groups Jen, I think I'm Therearenorules or something like that. Who knows, I just know I visit everyday to see what's up and goin' on. So, I appreciate the group, the forums, and you. Job well done. ;)

-JO

As there is not a separate thread for Junked, I'll make a note here:

A disquieting, sad little film, that does feel like the stage play from which I believe it was adapted. It was filmed much earlier than the (DVD) release date (ironically, Tom's birthday in 2004). Of interesting note is Thomas Jane in his early panther phase of physicality (also present in The Velocity of Gary and Original Sin), where he embodies the wounded predator trying his best to be both caring and careful in difficult circumstances that foster neither of those gentle qualities. Sophisticated performances in all three films.

On 12/27/2008 at 8:50 PM, jayesse8 said:

Of interesting note is Thomas Jane in his early panther phase of physicality (also present in The Velocity of Gary and Original Sin), where he embodies the wounded predator trying his best to be both caring and careful in difficult circumstances that foster neither of those gentle qualities. Sophisticated performances in all three films.

Words well chosen!

Panther phase of physicality and sophisticated performance. Fully agree. In "Gary" Thomas is like a black hole absorbing all your attention. Several weeks now and I still think about this movie. I know it will accompany me from now on.