Terminator 5

Padre

The last being, T: Salvation correct?

I've got it on the DVR - must watch, must fulfill the canon! ;)

It's just weird for me that it's Christian Bale and Sam Worthington ...

Dark gravelly voiced Batman and Blue Dude / Perseus.

Yes, totally looking forward to T5 with ARNIE!

Strangely enough, Anton Yelchin was the best thing about the movie, and really needed to have a bigger part.

Yeah the last one was Salvation. It was a huge disappointment to me. Sam Worthington and Anton Yelchin were great and it had a couple of good action scenes, but it just didn't work. It's filled with plot holes, flat characters and it’s just a big bore.

Bale looks uncomfortable and pissed off the whole film, and what's worse is John Connor feels like a pointless subplot in a film that’s supposed to be ABOUT him. It’s not terrible but you expect much better from a Terminator film.

Here's an article that goes through the script before Bale signed on, which sounded a lot more interesting then what ended up on screen: http://www.chud.com/19577/exclusive-what-w...ator-salvation/

At least with Arnie coming back to the series there’s a bit of hope that it can go out on a high. All I want is a good Terminator film. That’s not too much to ask is it? :(

Guest AdminGuyX

I enjoyed Salvation a lot more than T3, which I thought sucked on ice. Salvation certainly had it's problems, but as action flicks go, it had it's moments, and it had a few inventive sequences. The first helicopter crash was cool. But, the fact that resistance had the resources it had just didn't make any sense. Granted, it's not supposed to be the exact future the Kyle Reese in the first film comes from, but still, a submarine? Huh? But I still liked it.

I can't say a fifth film seems like a good idea to me though, especially with a 60 year old ex politician in the lead. ;)

I'm with Noeland, I liked Salvation, but it did have problems. I will say, it was better than I thought McG could have ever done ;)

T3 for me was a waste. Like Mike said, the end was the only part I liked. I never would have thought they would have ended the film with that. T3, in the end was too goofy.

As far as Hollywood going crazy over Arnold being back in the game, I just hope they don't try to put him back as the Terminator. Somewhere out there, a producer is trying to figure out how to make it work.

I liked Terminator Salvation. True. It's not the best movie, but it's decent enough. There are some good moments of Bale and cool action sequences. My only complaint would be too much Sam Worthington. As for T3, the best things about it are Nick Stahl & ending.

Do we really need a 5th one?

I liked Terminator Salvation. True. It's not the best movie, but it's decent enough. There are some good moments of Bale and cool action sequences. My only complaint would be too much Sam Worthington. As for T3, the best things about it are Nick Stahl & ending.

Do we really need a 5th one?

I really like T-Sal, but I'd rather not push my luck with another one. Instead...gimme a new Robo cop!

If they truly do a T-5 with Arnie, It would be my hope that he is as secondary role. AKA. The terminator (young Arnold, probably CG) gets skin/dna from a living donor to grow/clone for the Infiltration units. @60, I could see it if Arnold's character was being kept alive after so many years to be a renewable source of "DNA" for creating the outer living tissue. Probably him and a dozen or so others for that purpose. That would be the only way I could see him re-enter the series at this point in the game. Sure he may end up with something bigger, but that would be a decent lead in. IMHO.

Yeah the last one was Salvation. ...

Here's an article that goes through the script before Bale signed on, which sounded a lot more interesting then what ended up on screen: http://www.chud.com/19577/exclusive-what-w...ator-salvation/

At least with Arnie coming back to the series there’s a bit of hope that it can go out on a high. All I want is a good Terminator film. That’s not too much to ask is it? :(

Thanks for that - interesting indeed - and you're right, that's not too much to ask at all!!!

I really like T-Sal, but I'd rather not push my luck with another one. Instead...gimme a new Robo cop!

Hey! There we go - and I'll see that for a dollar! ;)

• 1 year later...

sorry for re hashing this but i just did a terminator marathon. now as of last week arnie said he was back on board for T5. some say he is too old...but wait, a terminator has living tissue...so that tissue would age with time? an old model would get older...basis of the story! fuck the john conner storyline...i'd rather watch grass grow! ya have a terminator that has been around so long it has learned, evolved...any thoughts

That's not a bad idea at all, Sinn. I did not see The Last Stand, but I did see Expendables 2, and from that I've got to say, they just need to figure out how to get Arnold to not move like he's in his 60's ;)

What I'm wondering is, will they continue after Salvation, or go a diffrent route?

That's not a bad idea at all, Sinn. I did not see The Last Stand, but I did see Expendables 2, and from that I've got to say, they just need to figure out how to get Arnold to not move like he's in his 60's ;)

What I'm wondering is, will they continue after Salvation, or go a diffrent route?

i know what you mean but hey, old terminators move slow! old joints and shit! give him a range of ages in casting...young new whippersnapper terminator thats on his side...he's not just saving mankind but the newly aware terminators too!

sorry for re hashing this but i just did a terminator marathon. now as of last week arnie said he was back on board for T5. some say he is too old...but wait, a terminator has living tissue...so that tissue would age with time? an old model would get older...basis of the story! fuck the john conner storyline...i'd rather watch grass grow! ya have a terminator that has been around so long it has learned, evolved...any thoughts

Hey sinn, don't worry - it's never re-hashing - this is a plenty big forum with LOTS o' threads - people seem to touch-upon whenever they find them or visit a topic anew ... always feel free to add and refresh (unless it's a locked thread of course) ;)

Indeed, what a great idea for an evolved, older Terminator - which would make perfect sense for Schwarzeneggerian casting :)

And how crazy is it that I can always spell his last name? :blink: Disciple of action giants, I am!

Archived