Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Walter Hill

I love Walter too. shit i recommended him for the damn job! that's a sign right there that something is screwy in Screwville see? Walter fucking Hill hasn't done a film in 5 years?

ok i am going to wait before i pass judgement on this film. there is a chance (okay, small) that these guys will pull of an incredible, old fashioned kick ass film here. if the Asian kid and Stallone have chemistry, if Hill is on his game, if Silver can shut up and let people do their job -

aww fuck it, it's gonna suck.

Well said, Tom!

There’s no reason to defend this movie. They made a bad call by removing the best actor (Tom) from a leading role, because he’s white (such a lame excuse). Sorry, but that’s how I’ll forever see this movie--the one in which The Thomas Jane could’ve (should’ve) starred. HUGE mistake and one I know will be regretted once the movie bombs.

Chances of me seeing this movie w/o Tom? Umm...when pigs fly, I'll sit outside and watch them soar, but I still won't see this movie. B)

Christian Slater joins the cast along w/ Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Holt McCallany:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?...248&count=0

Y'know, cause Slater always secures an audience. :rolleyes:

To be fair, McCallany's a good actor, but I don't have to see him in everything. And as much as I love Mr. Eko, I'm still passing.

Well, hell, with all the spoilers that have been revealed so far, there's pretty much no reason to see this thing anyway. Not that I was going to, but knowing most of the plot already just makes me that much more sure I'm not gonna see it.

Y'know, cause Slater always secures an audience.

Yeah, that's gonna bring in the crowds. Joel Silver can just sit back and watch that money roll in! :rolleyes:

Guest AdminGuyX

Should we nuke this thread, or just move it to the film section? Since Tom is no longer involved, seems odd to have it in this section, and titled as it is.

Personally, I think Tom in a cool action flick directed by Walter Hill needs to happen. I have to imagine Gale would produce it, wouldn't she?

I think Tom is over this. For the most part. I couldn't care less what's up with the film. What's up with what Tom's doing now?

Should we nuke this thread, or just move it to the film section? Since Tom is no longer involved, seems odd to have it in this section, and titled as it is.

Personally, I think Tom in a cool action flick directed by Walter Hill needs to happen. I have to imagine Gale would produce it, wouldn't she?

I vote to nuke it.

I was just gonna say that we should get rid of this fuckin thread. I'm fairly certain that no body on this board is interested in seeing this film after it has been comfirmed that our guy is not longer attached to this project

-Raf

Well, I'll probably see it. I mean it's still Walter Hill, and I gotta support the man, it's been too long.

Obliterate the sucker! It’s too depressing to read. But if you decide to keep it, please move it to the film section immediately & rename it anything you so choose; it’s no longer good enough to be associated w/ Tom.

This movie is dead to me. <_<

Well, someone else is going to have to move/nuke this thread, because my moderator capabilities are non-functional at this moment... :(

I vote that it be moved though, so save all the convo held within...

Jen

In my personal opinion (legal disclaimer).....

It's seeming as though it's all being made up as it goes along now.

And because of all the flip-flopping, it's already sucking... loudly!

All interest is gone and I sure won't be spending money on going

out to see 'Shot to the Foot'... er, whatever.

Well, someone else is going to have to move/nuke this thread, because my moderator capabilities are non-functional at this moment... :(

I vote that it be moved though, so save all the convo held within...

Jen

Jen has a good point. We have had a long conversation about this movie. Remember, Tom did post his honest opinions on the topic, which I love.

Since this thread includes massive support for TJ, I’m changing my vote to a move or merge.

I love Walter Hill's work. LOVE it. Hard Times, Streets of Fire, The Warriors make up my cinema DNA. That's why it's sad and a bit appalling at how Bullet to the Head turned out. We all know TJ was inanely removed from the project because Joel Silver wanted an "ethnic" duo. Do we get a character as interesting as Lethal Weapon's Roger Murtaugh, flashy as Last Boy Scout's Jimmy Dix or all knowing as The Matrix's Morpheus? Nope. We get a detective who spends the entire movie getting beat up, shot, intimidated and owned by Stallone and everybody else in the movie. Oh and there's about every stereotypical, casually racist joke known to man thrown at him too because he's Asian.

TJ is no fool, I'd really like to know what the role was like when he was attached. No way he would have let himself be the bitch and butt of so much.

This is what happens when you remove TJ & TB from the equation . . . .

Bullet2_zps5430f6e2.jpg

I feel bad for Walter Hill on this.

Marketing just took a tremendous dump.

Ouch.

- tb

Eeek... It looks like he's wearing a hoodie made out of his co-stars. This is awful.

Warner Bros. did this ? There are many talented designers (Tim- being willing and able) who could have photoshopped this with their feet, while doing something else and punted to the public a better visual to sell this. What a wasted opportunity. This was paid for and approved (Zut Alors !)? Something definitely got caught & chewed up while this was being cranked out.

Walter Hill must be pissed... wonder what Wayne Kramer thinks.

Thomas' replacement looks to be calling his agent for help.

("I'm on the poster right now and um, yeah, it's really bad").

Hmmmmm.

This is horrible looking.Oh well this was there loss. :ph34r:

Hahaha! Oh man that hurts to look at. I only laugh at those who were quick to dump our boys. Karma is a bitch. I'm with Tim, I feel bad for Mr. Hill.

Seriously though, who the hell approved that image? They should be forced to wall paper their living room with it.

who the hell approved that image? They should be forced to wall paper their living room with it.

Hell Yes!

That mess is kicking me in the eyes.

it's a train wreck!!! i'm torn by this film...i am stallone fan but...was pissed when i heard TJ was off the film! plus i only like when stallone directs himself...then back to this horrible image...think on opening day i'll pop old stander in the dvd player

I wonder what the ratings will be opening night? I'm sure it will be just horrible ratings and reviews!

Too bad so sad...they choose what they choose -- let them lie in it! Feel for Hill -- what a disgrace to him :(

It just looks so fucking cheap,I mean even the trailers this film has throw away written all over it,And let me tell ya thats a shame with a talent like Hill involved its a good thing Tom's not tied to this anymore,Hollywood can't get it right even with killer talent involved..I like the old gritty golan globus actioner angle that this originally could have had going for it but add that ugly digital format and a appearent total lack of art direction and you get somehthing that looks like it was puked up for the rental market..