Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Walter Hill

No Tom, No Money! Fuck you Hollywood, or WB or whoever it is that`s retarded enough to come up with this ``Brilliant`` idea. What a fucking joke. I was looking forward to this movie, Dag nammit!

Those fucking morons. They better get their heads out of their asses and leave Tom in. I dont think that their idea would make a fuckin difference

Hi Guys, please find below an email from TJ not 20 mins ago. Hot of the press......

-----Original Message-----

Sender: Thomas Jane

Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:26:03

To: Geoff Woodman

Subject: Re:

Hey buddy - thx! I don't have my computer it fried. Can you go on the thread and post this - from me?

Thx!

Post: hey there raw bar junkies! My computer is fried so I haven't been able to weigh in on the boards - but thx to Geoff here I am! ( thx Geoff!)

So yeah, it's all true like the man says - Joel wants to replace me in HEADSHOT with an 'ethnic dude!'

Is that freaky friday or what??

He says he's got a 'formula.' I says that formula went out like bad baby food in the freakin 80's.

Well I talked to him and I sez Joel ! What you want to do is a SCREEN TEST with me and Sly. See, I met him by chance at the Mazerati dealer in bev hills & we got along like the proverbial house aflame. I sez Joel! Put us on film together and I bet my left golfball that you will see 'lightning in a bottle' and the rst will be Tinsel Town legend.

and if I'm wrong by chance, I will pay for the role it's gonna cost ya.

I thought it wa a great idea - and it even got J S to stop talking for a second - proof that I was on to something. Well he said that he heard my passion and he'd get back to me. That was before the holiday.

SO, the fat lady hasn't sung her big fat song yet, but I think she's warming up her voice back stage. Doesn't look good.

Walter said he's behind me all the way. I can't get Sly on the phone. The big pussy.

Poor Walter. 's not enough that he hasn't directed anything since Broken Trail. Now they gotta saddle him

with a retread of 48 hrs.

What the hell is the old world coming to?

I do think you're comments and crys of 'foul!'

do have an impact - so keep up the low roar.

I'll letcha know what happens!

Yer pal,

T J

Sent from

Raw Studios

Hi Guys, please find below an email from TJ not 20 mins ago. Hot of the press......

Hey buddy - thx! I don't have my computer it fried. Can you go on the thread and post this - from me?

Thx!

Post: hey there raw bar junkies! My computer is fried so I haven't been able to weigh in on the boards - but thx to Geoff here I am! ( thx Geoff!)

So yeah, it's all true like the man says - Joel wants to replace me in HEADSHOT with an 'ethnic dude!'

He says he's got a 'formula.' I says that formula went out like bad baby food in the freakin 80's.

Well I talked to him and I sez Joel ! What you want to do is a SCREEN TEST with me and Sly. See, I met him by chance at the Mazerati dealer in bev hills & we got along like the proverbial house aflame. I sez Joel! Put us on film together and I bet my left golfball that you will see 'lightning in a bottle' and the rst will be Tinsel Town legend.

I thought it wa a great idea - and it even got J S to stop talking for a second - proof that I was on to something. Well he said that he heard my passion and he'd get back to me. That was before the holiday.

SO, the fat lady hasn't sung her big fat song yet, but I think she's warming up her voice back stage. Doesn't look good.

Walter said he's behind me all the way. I can't get Sly on the phone. The big pussy.

Poor Walter. 's not enough that he hasn't directed anything since Broken Trail. Now they gotta saddle him

Yer pal,

T J

Sent from

Raw Studios

Thanks for posting this, Geoff!

It's nice to hear from Tom about this whole situation. It's great that Walter's in Tom's corner, but more people involved in this movie need to stand up for him. If I was in a movie w/ Tom & he got fired, I’d fight to get his job back for him. And if they didn’t take back Tom, I’d walk. Simple as that.

Tom’s tweets have really cracked me up; I love that he has a sense of humor about it. :lol:

The SCREEN TEST idea is brilliant!

Is there anything else we can do to help get Tom back in Headshot?

Hey, maybe there is still hope for Tom...crossing my fingers for ya!!!

What a coinkidink you running into Joel at the dealership...

"and if I'm wrong by chance, I will pay for the role it's gonna cost ya" - good call!!!

I would of done the same thing...it's all about passion baby!!! Hey pal all I want is to be in this role on the film man! :)

Hopefully he has gotten a call to do the screen test as we speak.

I guess we shall soon find out...don't they start shooting on the 4th of June?

Wow...you couldn't get a hold of Sly...that's bad - he sucks in my books now.

Dun dun dun (sound effect) ~ as the story continues....

Thx!

Yer pal,

T J

Sent from

Raw Studios

This sucks so hard. In the last ten years what has that "formula" yielded: National Security. I Spy. Showtime. The Man. Cop Out.

Not a very exciting list is it?

It was the promise of seeing Sly paired with Tom that got people excited about this. Then when Walter Hill came on we all got REALLY excited at what this could be. All I can say to Joel Silver is: Cop on buddy! This is gold!

hm, look a the success of movies like : Lord of the Rings or Hangover..there is no black in a leading role, but they are/were top at the boxoffice.

This sucks so hard. In the last ten years what has that "formula" yielded: National Security. I Spy. Showtime. The Man. Cop Out.

It was the promise of seeing Sly paired with Tom that got people excited about this. Then when Walter Hill came on we all got REALLY excited at what this could be. All I can say to Joel Silver is: Cop on buddy! This is gold!

Lets not forget what were those jackie Chan/ chris tucker films? So exciting I can't remember the freakin name. 48 hrs. worked because of the time and talent involved with the film. lethal Weapon worked, again, because of the script and the great performance by the main two actors. The lethal Weapon sequels are exactly why no one wants to see this again. Done to death. With a good script and excited, motivated cast maybe it will work again but this film now has a bunch of strife very publically attached and the buzz around Sly will definitly take a hit if he's not standing up for Tom. Why would Sly want to be involved in all this shit at this stage of his career? He wants to do good stuff and ride out into the sunset on golden palaminos. Not some 48 hrs. retread. I've been a Sly fan my whole life but I will not bother with this is if it goes the Silver route.

Lets not forget what were those jackie Chan/ chris tucker films? So exciting I can't remember the freakin name. 48 hrs. worked because of the time and talent involved with the film. lethal Weapon worked, again, because of the script and the great performance by the main two actors. The lethal Weapon sequels are exactly why no one wants to see this again. Done to death. With a good script and excited, motivated cast maybe it will work again but this film now has a bunch of strife very publically attached and the buzz around Sly will definitly take a hit if he's not standing up for Tom. Why would Sly want to be involved in all this shit at this stage of his career? He wants to do good stuff and ride out into the sunset on golden palaminos. Not some 48 hrs. retread. I've been a Sly fan my whole life but I will not bother with this is if it goes the Silver route.

I am aslo now trying to get HEADSHOT trending on twitter (big task) but am trying to get TJ to re twit out in order to raise profile but still not sure that this is the right way to go. I also know the guy that's runs Dolph Lundgrens web site and have asked him to contact DL to try and get a statement out to Sly, so we have to keep pressure up guys!

Exactly, even Silver's own "formula" successes weren't exactly cinematic gold nuggets. The Last Boy Scout wasn't a game changer like Lethal Weapon or 48 Hours. And his own sub genre of martial artists with rappers quickly fizzled out after three entertaining if not enlightening projects.

I hope the Jane gets his due and stays on board, otherwise, he should be calling PT Anderson relentlessly and getting in The Master!

With the shoot due to commence tom I am hoping to hear something soon..........Everything crossed.

I don’t go to see movies based on the race of the actors in them. So when Headshot came up w/ Tom as 1 of the 2 leads, Tom’s race wasn’t on my mind. I didn’t even think about any “formulas.” I just thought this would be a great role for Tom. This whole possible recasting really sucks & won’t work.

Fingers & toes crossed to see a proper Headshot w/ Tom!

Here’s a formula: Any Movie + Thomas Jane = A Must-See B)

Hi guys, quick update. No news yet although I have spoken with TJ this morning who has retweeted the #headshot trend on twitter and we are now starting to get it re tweated all over so if you have twitter and are following TJ pleas re tweet to get it out there.........

I dig that. Hopefully they come to their fuckin senses and keep Jane.

I dig that. Hopefully they come to their fuckin senses and keep Jane.

Heres hoping to that buddy!

Cheers, Geoff!

Love those posters! This movie has just GOT to happen with Thomas Jane and Sylvester Stallone. The universe is screaming for this to happen.

Are you listening, Joel Silver?

Those posters are amazing & belong on my wall. :D

Love those posters! This movie has just GOT to happen with Thomas Jane and Sylvester Stallone. The universe is screaming for this to happen.

Exactly! We need Tom to play this part. Let's go to battle for TJ, RAWriors! B)

Yeah damn right, "Joel, does us a favour - put the fork down and listen up the public are talking, you remember them dont you we are the people who put you where you are and if you dont fucking listen we are gonna take you right down again!"

Getting some good contact on twitter, Cahrlie Saxon re tweeted the #headshot tweet which was good of him, number of other people too. Have to keep going....

RAWriors.......... LOVE IT, Bring it on!

Wow, did not see that coming. I really hope Sung Kang is not stepping in to Jane's role as the cop. No offense to the guy, I'm Asian and we don't have many cinema role models these days, Sung Kang is probably one of the more recognizable faces these days thanks to Fast and Furious but he is a horrendous actor. No presence, no charisma, just nothing. If it were ten years ago we could at least have Russell Wong playing a smooth, badass cop and he worked with Silver on Romeo Must Die.

WB released an official statement about Silver picking up Headshot. It only mentions Silver, Hill and Stallone.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/joel-silve...itman-thriller/