Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Walter Hill

Awesome, indeed! Tom as a cop? Looking forward to it! Maybe Tom & Sly will find time to talk about The Expendables 2. ;)

That's indeed awesome, in the true sense of the word. A great director and two great leads. Can't wait! :)

FUCKING AMAZINGGGGG

I think I actually pissed my pants with excitement!

Is there any news on start up dates etc? I would assume its going to have to be the next thing Mr J does to fit around TE2, I think we may see Mr J taking up and role in that also.

IDMB linked it to some graphoc novels by Alexis Nolent, anyone have any further info? i think its been based on a series of French comics known as The Killer??

IDMB linked it to some graphoc novels by Alexis Nolent, anyone have any further info? i think its been based on a series of French comics known as The Killer??

Some general facts I've come across:

Wayne Kramer (The Cooler and the abandoned TJ project, Evilseek) was hired to direct. He did a polish on the script but made it a bit too violent and dark for Stallone's taste. Kramer said goodbye to the project, how amiable the parting is up for debate. Stallone released a statement saying their views were different. An "insider" claims Kramer couldn't stand Stallone's micromanaging.

Walter Hill was the front runner and having talks with Stallone while producers claimed talks were ongoing with many possible replacements.

Hill signed on, Stallone seemed pleased, saying he was up for The Driver and 48 Hours and now 30 years later they're finally working together.

Headshot is slated to shoot May/June in New Orleans. Stallone will move on to Expendables II in August/September.

Mr. Jane wanted Walter Hill to direct Punisher II while he was still involved.

No idea who else was up for the cop role. At first I figured it would be some young face that Stallone could dominate. Now with TJ we're going to get two totally different tough guys being directed by a tough guy director. Just became one of my most anticipated flicks for next year!

Some general facts I've come across:

Wayne Kramer (The Cooler and the abandoned TJ project, Evilseek) was hired to direct. He did a polish on the script but made it a bit too violent and dark for Stallone's taste. Kramer said goodbye to the project, how amiable the parting is up for debate. Stallone released a statement saying their views were different. An "insider" claims Kramer couldn't stand Stallone's micromanaging.

Walter Hill was the front runner and having talks with Stallone while producers claimed talks were ongoing with many possible replacements.

Hill signed on, Stallone seemed pleased, saying he was up for The Driver and 48 Hours and now 30 years later they're finally working together.

Headshot is slated to shoot May/June in New Orleans. Stallone will move on to Expendables II in August/September.

Mr. Jane wanted Walter Hill to direct Punisher II while he was still involved.

No idea who else was up for the cop role. At first I figured it would be some young face that Stallone could dominate. Now with TJ we're going to get two totally different tough guys being directed by a tough guy director. Just became one of my most anticipated flicks for next year!

Awesome, thanks man.

This is awesome. I about passed out when I saw this. Now if we can just get Bradstreet on the movie poster....

Guest AdminGuyX

Yes, this just became my most anticipated film too. I cannot wait to see this, and hopefully we will get some set reports from Tom along the way!

;)

This is awesome. I about passed out when I saw this. Now if we can just get Bradstreet on the movie poster....

Compleatly agree. Tim, you've got to get Tom to put a bug in Hill's ear. We need another kick ass Hill poster. Always loved the Streets of Fire one-sheet.

Guest AdminGuyX
Compleatly agree. Tim, you've got to get Tom to put a bug in Hill's ear. We need another kick ass Hill poster. Always loved the Streets of Fire one-sheet.

Hill is a comic book fan from way back. Personally, I don't think there is any doubt that Tim will be doing the posters for this, and I would not be surprised to see Stallone using Tim after this either. Can you see a Bradstreet Expendables 2 poster? I can.

:)