Rosella

My HorrorHound Weekend Experience

Yesterday, I attended HHW. It was a blast! I met lots of really cool people. Took lots of photos w/ stars. But 3 of my most favorite people were the ones I met first-- THE BOONDOCK SAINTS--Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, & David Della Rocco. All were simply kind gentlemen. Love 'em so much. I made a gift for each one of them, which made their days. I had a great conversation w/ each one. Norman hugged me. Twice. The guy ahead asked about The Walking Dead, so I didn't have to. I talked about his production company w/ him, instead. I had painted a shirt (like I did for TJ & TB), and Norman loved it. Sean hugged me. Twice. I got to tell Sean a one of a kind story; he couldn't believe it. I talked to Sean the longest & really impressed him w/ gift & by knowing Powder's real name. Sean loved my shirt so much that he snapped photo of it w/ his phone. (sweet!) Yes, I'm the one who held up the line; I couldn't help it. Sean kept asking me questions. I made Rocco a necklace & actually got to put it on him. Rocco ASKED ME if he could sign the shirt. (duh) Ran into Rocco towards the end of the day, & he was still wearing the necklace. Everyone took pics w/ my family. Those guys are really amazing. If you ever get the chance to meet 'em, I strongly recommend you do. :D

Another favorite of mine was meeting Dan Roebuck--Dr. Arzt from LOST. Had 2 conversations w/ him. He has a really great memory. I went back to buy a DVD from him, & he remembered my & my family memeber's names from when we first spoke. Both were long conversations. Very sweet man.

Have other stories to share, but I had to let you guys know about these people. You have no idea how much yesterday meant to me! Wish you all could've been there. Was anyone there?

Indie, where was this?

HHW was in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Marriott East.

HHW was in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Marriott East.

Well damn! How come I didn't hear about this? I've been too wrapped in my own world I don't hear about anything anymore! :( I would've loved to have gone!

Well damn! How come I didn't hear about this? I've been too wrapped in my own world I don't hear about anything anymore! :( I would've loved to have gone!

When I went out to eat, there was this family who approached us & asked where we had been since my brother was dressed up. We told them HHW, and they had no idea about it. They live in Indianapolis! I only found out about the guests by seeing it in the magazine.

If anyone's interested, the next HHW is in Cincinnati for Nov. 11-13.

Looking forward to seeing the Boondock boys down here for TFW in Dallas end of the month!

Hope you have an awesome time! Those guys really do appreciate their fans. Some people didn't have such luck & didn't enjoy 'em, but I could not have had a better moment w/ each one. They're very easy to to talk to in person. :)

Next time it comes to Indy, let me know ahead of time... :P

Definitely! I'm guessing it's always in Indy for March.

I went to HHW last Saturday. I had a really fantastic time! There were a lot of cool people there, but I do have my highlights. I met Doug Bradley. My brother bought his book. When Doug took the money (himself), he put on a pair of glasses and got out his little ledger to keep track of his sales--so cute--I’ll never look at Pinhead the same, again. ;)

Robert Rusler is a really great guy! We talked to him for quite awhile. It helps when you have a lot in common with someone; it's much easier to feel connected. I helped organize his table for him; he was so kind and appreciative. In the picture we took w/ him, he honestly looks like he's a part of our family.

Tom Towles took free individual pictures w/ everyone in my family. He loved our names and thought we should open a law firm. :lol: Later in the day, as we’re standing in line for someone else, Tom walks buy and goes ,"There’s the law firm," and says all our names. Nice guy!

Also had a pleasant experience with Tom Savini. Some people have mixed feelings about him, but he is a friendly and smart man. He smiled at me and would say “Thank you.”

I’ve always had respect for Anthony Michael Hall. After meeting him, I love him even more. He’s so polite and gentle. I made him a gift, which caught him off guard. Part of the gift included a letter written on a poster. He unfolded it and started to read it (to himself) in front of me. He kept saying my name over and over; I almost melted :wub: but somehow managed to keep cool. I recognized the guy who took the money for AMH; he’s a pro, and he’s already seen me give a gift at the last HHW. If I see this guy again, I’m gonna have to give him something. I talked to AMH about his directing. He’s such a lovely man. He even took individual pictures w/ everyone in my family, even ones who didn’t pay for it.

Any Buffy TV series fans? We talked to Camden Toy for almost an hour. I think he wanted us to stay and chat even more. The man is interesting and very honest. And funny. I never expected him to be such funny guy. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at his stories and opinions on aspects of the entertainment business. :lol: He took individual pictures with my whole family for free.

If you ever have an opportunity to meet &/or work with Doug Jones, do it. Just do it. Doug is the sweetest person in the universe! I made him a gift, which he loves to get gifts. He was really impressed by it. He kissed and hugged me. He truly treats everyone like he or she is the only person in the world. And when it came time to take a picture, he said we were going to hold him. And then, he jumped up in our arms. I’ve never held a star’s legs before. And he’s a tall guy. And thin. And so loving. I had to go back later and get another hug from him. I just expected it to be a small and quick hug, since we already met before. Nope! He remembered me and took my face in his hands and kissed my forehead. Then, we hugged for a long time; it was the longest and tightest hug of my life. We had a conversation during the hug. He was so nice. I complimented him, and he kissed my hand. :wub: A marvelous experience, indeed.

Now, onto my biggest highlight--drumroll, please--Mr. Sean Patrick Flanery! This being my second time meeting him, I thought no way would it beat the first time; however, it did. Norman Reedus was also suppose to go, but he couldn’t due to filming The Walking Dead. A lot of people were bummed out about his absence. A person in line behind me for Sean was talking with a friend on her cell phone about it and asked if her friend wanted her to get an autograph from “the other guy.” No way is Sean P. Flanery an “other guy.” In fact, I’ve labeled him “the guy.” B)

The line for Sean was outside. Not even kidding. Luckily, it wasn’t too cold. A lot of people were complaining about it; I just kept thinking I’m doing this for Sean. I didn’t need to get Sean’s autograph, again. I just wanted to give him a gift. He really loved my shirt that I wore the last time, so I painted him a shirt of his own. He LOVED it! :D He was reading every single word on it and looking at the pictures. He stood up on his chair and took a picture of the front and back of it.

I asked if he’d take a picture with me, and the woman who was taking the money said that it’d be $15. Did Sean care? No! He said something (I’m not going to repeat it) that was very honest and proves that he is there for the fans. I wish everyone shared his attitude. The woman suggested a group shot, which was fine with me. But after, Sean stood closer to me and wanted to take a picture with just me and him (awww…). Then, my brother and I got him to do some really cool things, which involved me leaning over Sean to help him do something on his phone that he’d never known how to do. :wub: A crazy and adorable moment I’ll always treasure!

There were a lot of people in the halls. In fact, Robert Rusler and Anthony Michael Hall were stationed in a hall together. A Hall in a hall. ;) But the staff was entertaining about the whole crowdedness of the event. Especially, one in particular who left and came back and said, “Now, we have five lines!?”. Again, when I’m in line to meet someone, I’m not really concerned about the condition of my surroundings. I’m just preparing what I want to say to the person I'm about to meet. And plus, there’s never a reason to complain when one of the people who’s squeezing past you is Michael Rooker himself.

Once again, I have a good story for everyone I met (almost), but I just had to share these moments. Thanks for reading! :D

If anyone ever wants to share his or her convention (comic, horror, sci-fi, etc.) experiences on here, I know I’d be happy to read them. Maybe this thread needs to be renamed My Convention Experiences, so as not to only have this exclusively for HHW.

VERRRY Cool sharing of all your special encounters - I loved reading all about your experience and all about that eclectic mix of celebs. Thanks!!!

VERRRY Cool sharing of all your special encounters - I loved reading all about your experience and all about that eclectic mix of celebs. Thanks!!!

You're welcome, jayesse8! I appreciate your reading about one of my most favorite days I've ever had! I still beam, when I think about it. :D

I’m going to Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville, KY again this year. :D This con has lots of really cool guests lined up, including Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, David Della Rocco, James Marsters, Sean Astin, Jeffrey DeMunn & many others. Guest of Honor -- Bruce Campbell. Groovy!

If anyone’s interested in attending, here’s where you’ll find more info: http://www.frightnightfilmfest.com/

The following may be my longest post ever: Enjoy!

Last Saturday, I attended Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville, Kentucky. The day was full of both good & bad experiences. I’ll start with the bad, so I can end on a high note. Right away, we headed to the Will Call line. My family & I had pre-ordered the tickets, as well as, 2 photo ops with Bruce Campbell. They had our tickets, but it took three people to find our photo op tickets, which is why bringing a receipt (good thing we did) comes in handy. We had our info with us. After searching, they finally found ‘em.

Bruce’s photo op was scheduled at 1:00pm. When we made it over to the area, there were 4-5 lines, and there wasn’t any indication of which line was which. We couldn’t find the end of the line, so we asked a volunteer (younger than me); he didn’t know. We asked a security guard; he didn’t know. For the longest time, no one knew. After awhile, we finally found the end of the line (yay?).

The Bruce photo op is my first time getting one, and I didn’t enjoy it. When we entered the room, they told us to put our belongings along the wall. What!? Are they crazy!? I had my purse, a bag of signed items, and a gift. I didn’t want to put my stuff with other people’s things. I didn’t want to take the risk of having my items get “mistakenly taken” or stolen. They’d say they weren’t responsible. Instead, I placed my belongings behind the photographer. While I’m unloading, my brother took his picture, and then my parents joined Bruce for the photo I’m supposed to be in. Had I been a second late, I wouldn’t have gotten my picture taken; I barely made it.

My favorite part of the photo is when Bruce moved me front and center for the picture. He was the one in charge, not the idiotic photographer. The photographer wasn’t nice. He didn’t speak; he didn’t care. I shook Bruce’s hand & left. If I blinked through any of it, I would’ve missed it. :blink: I expected fast but not rushed. We were told to come back in an hour to get our pictures……or so we thought.

After a little over an hour, we went to pick up our photos. We stood in line for half an hour. When it was our turn, the people looked. & looked. & looked. They couldn’t find our pictures. Then, they told us that a file of 9 pictures couldn’t be accessed on their computer. So, out of 100+ photos, we must’ve been in the 9. They told us they’d keep trying. Whatever.

When we returned for the James Marsters photo op around 2:30pm, they still couldn’t find them. They lost our pictures! As we were standing there, they started passing out photos to the people they recognized in line. They still hadn’t taken care of our picture problem; they were moving on to make their jobs easier. Needless to say, we were furious & extremely upset. The word “sorry” loses its meaning when a good solution isn’t offered. They kept saying that if they ever locate the pictures after our leaving, then they’d mail them or give us a refund. Yeah, right. They lost our photos. How could we expect them to keep track of the paper with our contact info? In this case, giving back our money wouldn’t undo the loss of a once in a lifetime photo with Bruce Campbell.

My photo with James Marsters was a little more enjoyable. He’s a nice guy. He put his arm around me, and I got to put my arm around him. I gave him a compliment, which he really appreciated; I made him smile. I still don’t think it’s worth $45, but it’s not like I’d tell him that. At least, the photo people didn’t lose this picture, but it took more than an hour to get it.

We met Bruce for the autograph session of 6-7pm (still no Bruce photo). The man who was working with Bruce allowed us to take a quick picture of Bruce (not posed) after we explained about the dumb photo op fools losing our pictures. My brother gave Bruce a gift & got something signed. He’ll only write your first name, but my brother got him to write out his full name. I know we had a little longer moment with Bruce than most.

We went to the front desk & explained the situation. The Fright Night woman, even though it wasn’t her fault, felt so bad for us that she refunded our Bruce photo op money. After this, we went and checked for our pictures one final time. They found our pictures (5 ½ hours later but they found ’em)! The lady said, “We had found them right after you walked away.” Really? Then, how come they didn’t chase us down? It’s not like they didn’t know our faces. We’re so pleased we got all the pictures, but we spent a lot of time trying to get them, so it spoiled the day. We headed back & returned the money to Fright Night; they’re not the ones who should pay for the unfortunate incident.

I hate photo ops! :angry: I prefer having the option of taking a picture with the star at his or her table instead of getting a “professional” (this photo company isn’t at all) to take it for me. I don’t like nor understand why certain stars won’t take pictures at their tables. What’s the big deal? Are they too lazy to get up & down? They could always stay standing or have a fan sit or lean beside them. I don’t know if Thomas Jane has ever done a photo op. If so, then I pray that Tom never becomes a Photo Op Only Guy. If you’ve taken one, how do you guys/gals feel about photo ops?

Now, let’s get to my highlights. I waited a little over an hour and a half to meet THE BOONDOCK SAINTS (we kept relocating the line), but these guys are always worth the wait. Norman called me “Babe” & “Sweetie”; he called my mom “Sparkles.” I gave Norman a gift--a shirt. I’m really proud of it; I drew a camera & a motorcycle with fabric paint, and it looks awesome. Norman loved it! He hugged me. I had him sign my Daryl Dixon action figure. He took a picture with me. He looked at our picture of us together and said, “We’re cute.” :wub: He also took individual pics with my family.

I didn’t buy anything from Sean Patrick Flanery; I just wanted to chat a little & give him his gift. He was so impressed with the box that the gift was packaged in that he took a picture of the box. :P I made him a framed poster letter. Sean loved it! He stood there and read the whole letter to himself; he kept smiling throughout. He hugged me tightly. :D He took a picture of the framed poster and a picture of me holding the framed poster. He also took individual pictures with my family. I later found out that Sean tweeted the picture of me holding his gift. Here it is: http://lockerz.com/s/221325792

David Della Rocco is so wonderful. He kept looking at Sean’s gift; he probably thought he wasn’t going to get anything. Unlike most people, I don’t leave Rocco out. Of course, I made him a gift, too. I made him a shirt (now all of these Boondock Saints have one; they’re the only people I’ve made shirts for). Rocco loved it! He hugged me & took a picture with me. He also took a picture with my mom; she bought his autograph. Rocco squeezed my hand and thanked me.

No matter what kind of day I’m having (luckily, meeting these guys happened before the photo op issue), I can always rely on THE BOONDOCK SAINTS to have a great time. This is my second time meeting Norman & David; it’s my third time meeting Sean. Each time has been positively memorable. :D

As I was leaning against a wall & waiting for my food, I saw Rocco leave a bathroom & Norman come in from outside. As Norman walked by, I gave his arm a little squeeze at the exact moment he looked at me and my brother. He asked, “What’s up, guys?” What a sweet man!

I was surprised that we didn’t have to wait in a long line to meet Jeffrey DeMunn. We were the start of the line (best news all day). Jeffrey is one of the nicest people you can meet; he appreciates every compliment you give him. I had him personalize, sign, & write a message on my DVD of The Mist. He loves this movie. We had a really intellectual conversation about this film, mainly focusing on the ending, which we both really love. I found out some interesting facts about it. We also talked about LA Noir. His autograph costs $30. If you want a picture at his table, it’s $20. If you bought the autograph ticket & want a picture, it’ll only cost $10. After talking to him for so long, spending an extra $10 was a no-brainer; he gives you a real & lasting experience. Jeffrey is a kindhearted man.

We got to see our friend Robert Rusler, again. He’s still like family to us. We had a long conversation with him about his latest projects, shows he wants to do, the film biz, etc. He’s completely honest about everything. He took individual pictures with us. When he talks to you, he gives you his full attention. I gave him some ideas, which he loved. If you ever see him at a convention, go & talk to him. You’ll learn a lot.

And last but so far from being least that this person deserves to be at the top of his own special list -- Alex Vincent (Andy from Child’s Play 1 & 2)!!! I impressed him with my knowledge about him, and he did incredible/thoughtful things for me. Now, he’s a writer; he’s published books of poetry, which he sells online. Many of you know how much I don’t like ordering items online, but I really wanted his book. Early last week, I had my brother send him a message on Facebook, requesting Alex to sell me a copy in person. He got back and said he would.

Alex kept his promise. He brought the book specially for me; he kept it under his table. He signed the book & wrote a message. He also signed a photo of Child’s Play for me. He took individual pictures with me and my brother. But the fun with Alex wasn’t over.

Since I know he loves writing, I made him a notebook decorated with playing cards; he’s into doing card tricks (another fact he’s surprised I know about). On the inside, I wrote a poem for him; he read it in front of me. He really loved his gift and was completely surprised by it.

We were discussing Alex’s life and poetry when someone walked up to talk to Alex--Norman Reedus! Oh my goodness! This is my third time seeing Norman at this event. He said, “Hey, sweetie. Hey, sparkles.” We were standing shoulder to shoulder as he told me and Alex a story. I was surrounded by hotness; it’s one of the greatest moments of my life. I didn’t know who to keep my eyes on. As Norman walked away, he pointed at us and said, “You gotta watch these people.” Alex said, “Yeah, I had a feeling.” Do these guys want to make me blush? :wub: Mission: Accomplished. This is what I call being at the right place at the rightest time possible.

Do you think I was done hanging out with Alex? Nope. There wasn’t a line. Neither one of us was in a hurry. I asked Alex if he could do any card tricks for us; he said he didn’t have any. I didn’t think he would, but it was worth a shot to ask. Luckily, I came prepared. I pulled out a brand-new, unopened deck of cards. I think he saw that coming. ;)

He could’ve declined, but that’s not the kind of person Alex is. That’s right, folks. I can get The Alex Vincent to perform card tricks on the spot, so I guess I have some power. B) He did three tricks for us; I loved every minute of it.

A little later, my mom wanted to go back and take a picture with Alex, which means I got to visit him, again. Now, his table is towards the center, and there aren’t spaces between the tables. If someone wants a picture, Alex has to walk all the way around. He does. He actually cares about his fans. I told him something that made him hug me & whisper in my ear. :wub: Yeah, it’s moments like these I’ll be replaying in my head over & over, again.

If you’ve read my entire Fright Night experience, you deserve a round of applause. *standing ovation* Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read one of my novel-length posts! I completely appreciate it. Have any of you visited any conventions lately? Feel free to share about your convention adventures here. I’d love to read about them.

How much do I love the detailed account of your experiences!!!

It is especially nice that it seems to be a family and friends event for you.

Thank you for taking the time to write it up for our (my!) vicarious thrills!

I don't want to weird you out, but sometimes you give me nostalgia of myself at my golden year of 22 or so - only you're so much better with pursuing your interests and what you love! Good on ya, sweetie :)

P.S. You had me at Bruce "My Name is Bruce" Campbell ;)

How much do I love the detailed account of your experiences!!!

It is especially nice that it seems to be a family and friends event for you.

Thank you for taking the time to write it up for our (my!) vicarious thrills!

I don't want to weird you out, but sometimes you give me nostalgia of myself at my golden year of 22 or so - only you're so much better with pursuing your interests and what you love! Good on ya, sweetie :)

P.S. You had me at Bruce "My Name is Bruce" Campbell ;)

*stands up & applauds* Thank you for reading it, jayesse! Deeply appreciated. :D

Taking time to share experiences -- My pleasure!

Gift of Nostalgia -- Weird? Not at all. Very nice thing to say. Thank you!

Sounds like fun. where are the pics?

Sounds like fun. where are the pics?

Thank you for reading, Esco! *stands up & applauds*

2 reasons for my not having posted pictures:

1.) I like having the pictures themselves be more of a personal & privately captured moment between me, my family, & the stars. I know it seems weird that I can document the day with words but choose not to do so with pictures. What can I say? I’m weird. Surprisingly, not every detail of my meeting the stars has been shared. I gotta keep some things to myself. ;)

2.) I could never get the posting pictures function to work on RAW. It would come back as an error. I'll try again.

Since you asked, here's a picture (it worked!):

Jeffrey DeMunn & me at FRIGHT NIGHT FILM FEST

JEFFREYDEMUNNFRIGHTNIGHT.jpg

SPF,Is a super cool guy he actually gave my than fiance a call when I proposed and then again on our wedding day..Still have the mssage on our machine from the wedding day..

Cool pic!

Yeah, I should have known! I have never been able to get a pic on this site! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I am a little cyber retarded so I figured it was just me.

Nothing weird about keeping the things close to your heart close to your heart. Good for you. Thanks for posting.

I'm a big Boondock Saints fan. Blew my chance to meet those guys so many times. I'll get around to it one of these days.

SPF,Is a super cool guy he actually gave my than fiance a call when I proposed and then again on our wedding day..Still have the mssage on our machine from the wedding day..

Super sweet! Sean is one of the greatest guys around; I have tons of respect for him.

Cool pic!

Yeah, I should have known! I have never been able to get a pic on this site! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I am a little cyber retarded so I figured it was just me.

Nothing weird about keeping the things close to your heart close to your heart. Good for you. Thanks for posting.

I'm a big Boondock Saints fan. Blew my chance to meet those guys so many times. I'll get around to it one of these days.

You’re welcome! Thanks for understanding my private side. Yeah, I’m not a computer whiz myself. It had been awhile since I had attempted to post a picture. I believe the last time I tried was before RAW got a new forum. So maybe it was the old one that had problems. Posting this pic of DeMunn was easier than I thought it would be. If you ever need help posting a pic, I might be able to help ya out.

How can you keep missing out on The Boondock Saints? They’re everywhere. ;) You’ll get your chance. They’re incredibly devoted to their fans. I don’t know how many cons you’ve attended, but it’s easy to spot the ones who care and want to meet the fans between the ones who are just there for the money. BDS are all about meeting fans & making friends.

HorrorHound Weekend Sept. 7-9, 2012 in Indianapolis, Indiana

Guests scheduled to appear include LINDA HAMILTON, LANCE HENRIKSEN, MICHAEL BIEHN, TIMOTHY BALME (1st US convention appearance), CASSANDRA PETERSON aka ELVIRA, ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL, & many more!

If anyone’s interested in attending this event, here’s more info: http://www.horrorhou...9/default.shtml

I wonder if Michael Biehn and Linda Hamilton will do a Terminator retrospective?! Seems they try to do a lot of cast reunions at these shows, which is a nice treat for the fans.

Let us know how it goes!

They say to never go to a convention just to see only one person. What do you call it if you have 5 people you’re looking forward to meeting and only 2 show up? Bad (luck) timing? Tom Savini cancelled due to having an important audition on Friday, Daniel Roebuck had to bow out for being sick (hope he’s feeling better), Daniel Kash cancelled, and Phil Fondacaro couldn’t make it due to being hospitalized (had he been released from the hospital, he was gonna show!).

Michael Biehn had originally planned on being there two days, but he ended up changing his appearance to Saturday Only. As soon as we got there, we asked one of the volunteers where he was located. He told us that Biehn wasn’t coming. What? Someone had posted on the forum about Biehn being on his flight, so we knew he had to be there. The volunteer went to verify the info. The guy came back with worse news! He got it wrong. Biehn was there, but Anthony Michael Hall is the one who didn’t make it on Friday (due to late filming) and didn’t appear like he was going to come at all. Talk about a major letdown! Yes, I’ve met AMH before, but I really, really wanted to see him, again.

I believe AMH made an effort to show up, but one of the staff members mentioned that Hall’s agent wasn’t returning their calls. Does every convention have to deal with a lack of communication? Just once, I’d like to attend a convention where people aren’t left in the dark on important matters and every volunteer/staff member is on the same page. The other bad luck moment would be not getting to attend the Terminator panel. We tried. When we went to the panel room, a screening of an episodic documentary was still in progress. One of the workers told us we could just go in and wait for the next panel. Wrong. After the screening ended, another member told everyone to exit the room & get in line for the Terminator panel. The line for the T panel was the longest line. It just kept going & going. We decided there was no sense in waiting, since we knew there was no way we’d fit in that room. Bummer. Some things just don’t work out. The bright spot of seeing the documentary was the fact that our buddy Robert Rusler was in it. Yay!

But let’s get to the highlights. We met a lot of great people, but as always, there are the ones who stand out. We waited about an hour to meet Michael Biehn, which wasn’t really a problem, considering our other favorites didn’t make it. I don’t mind the long lines, really. It gives me time to collect my thoughts and decide what I want to talk about. Biehn is so kind to his fans; I enjoyed meeting him, again. My mom got his autograph, and we all took an excellent group picture with him. My brother bought from Jennifer Blanc then took a picture with both of them. We had a nice chat, mainly talking about The Victim. Blanc is such a sweet person. The two of them are my favorite couple; they both appreciate their fans.

Robert Kurtzman is a cool guy. We discussed Deadly Impact, and he took a picture with me. He had a nice collection of pictures he was selling, as well as, some movies/CDs. He was signing for $10. Why can’t more of the guests be as cheap? He had things for $5, $10, $15, etc. I think people would sell more if items/pictures if they provided options.

Mark Rolston is exceptional! He asked me my name as soon as I met him. Very personal man. He loved my name and related to it interestingly. I’ve never had so many stars at a convention before ask me what my name is without having it be for the personalizing of an item. We had a great conversation with Mark. I brought up Lie to Me*, which he loved doing. My mom bought his autograph, and he took individual pictures with my family.

I’d give Ben Templesmith the Best Dressed Award; he looked quite debonair. He’s so polite, and watching him draw was truly fascinating. I hope he didn’t mind my staring. :blink:

A certainly thrilling moment of mine is meeting Lance Henriksen. Surprisingly, by the time I went over to see him, there wasn’t a long line. I only had to wait for three people ahead of me. I bought his book Not Bad For A Human for $40. Not bad for a signed book. ;) Plus, I was told I could pick out any of his pictures (any size) from the table & get that signed, too. 2 autographs for $40!? Wow! I was totally caught off guard with that sweet deal.

I made Lance laugh. He wanted to write a certain message for the person ahead of me. He looked directly at me and asked if he should do it. I nodded & said he should. After those people walked away, he asked if I knew them. I didn’t. He thought my encouraging to write the message for people I don‘t know was funny. We talked about Powder, his book, and his comic book To Hell You Ride. I didn’t feel rushed at all. He really takes his time with people. He even asked where we’re from, so we even enjoyed a bit of small talk. I didn’t get to take a picture with him because he wouldn’t pose for photos, but we could take a picture of him signing (some don’t even allow that).

While we were waiting in the line for Michael Biehn before meeting Lance, I saw him leave the room and come back. He was out in the open, walking by himself. Not too many people noticed. Lance’s a really kind and genuine person. For the career he’s had, he definitely deserves a lot of respect.

At every convention I’ve attented thus far, there’s always been an individual who goes above & beyond my expectations and makes me feel extra special. At this HHW, the most wonderful person worth admiring is Timothy Balme. And I almost didn’t find him. For being his first US convention, they should’ve put him in a much better location. He was up against the wall across from vendors; there wasn’t any space for a line to form for him. I approached him, shook his hand, and he wanted to know my name. He complimented my name charmingly and said that I’m the first Rosella he’s ever met. Then, he talked about my name being the name of a beautiful bird in New Zealand, which is where he’s from. With his accent, I hung onto every word; listening intently, I understood everything he said.

I had the longest conversation with him. We talked about his writing; he was impressed that I knew about a TV series from New Zealand called The Almighty Johnsons. He brought a cool poster of the series. I hadn’t planned on buying anything from him, but he gave me so much of his time, so I wanted to get something. I kept eyeing the TV show poster. He noticed and said I could have it. Umm…what? I was the only person there who knew about the show, so he wanted me to have it. Then, he asked if I wanted it signed. Yes, please! He signed the poster, personalized it, & gave it to me for free. :wub: It’s not a regular poster. It’s a gorgeous 3x1 ft. long panoramic poster of the cast; it’s the coolest poster ever. I was stupefied.

Later in the day, I wanted to go back and get a picture with Tim (perfect excuse to see him, again). I went up to him; he remembered me. “Hey, Rosella!” Everything sounds better when it’s said with a foreign accent. ^_^ He was signing for $20 (reasonable), plus you’d get a free picture with purchase. I already had the autograph, but I didn’t want to not give him anything, so I negotiated a price. I asked if I could pay him $10 just to take a picture; he gladly accepted. Tim is magnificent! I hope he attends more US conventions.

Overall, we had a blast! Thank you for reading about my HHW experiences! Feel free to share any of your all-time favorite convention (comic, horror, sci-fi, etc.) moments here. I’d love to read ’em.

Sounds like fun. I was courious what you had to say about this year, because after it was over, Menton3 (who was with Templesmith) said that he loved the fans, but is probably going to avoid this convention. I guess the people putting it on were pretty rude. Wonder if this might have been the reason so many guests did not make it.

That aside, I'd love to go to one of these. Meeting Lance and Michael would be enough of a reason to go.