xNLx

Sketch Challenge

Anyone interested in doing a weekly sketch challenge? Pick a character every week, and anyone posting their work for fun. Kind of like on SkottieScott.

Hey, that's one! If you want to pick a character, we'll work on it to say... next Monday, and post what we have. Anyone else who wants to join can feel free!

I'm in.

What the hell, I'm in too. Though with my limited talent, I probably won't be in for all of them.

What the hell, I'm in too. Though with my limited talent, I probably won't be in for all of them.

I set up a similar challenge with a friend for the very purpose of them getting some experience drawing new things. Trust me, it'll be awesome when a few weeks of doing these you'll see all the improvements!

I'm going to go ahead and suggest Bloody Face as our first one. Any objections?

I did a few, but this one, my first one, seemed to be the best. Anyone get their's done? What should the next subject be?

bloodyface.jpg

I did a few, but this one, my first one, seemed to be the best. Anyone get their's done? What should the next subject be?

SWEET! I dig it!

Here's mine. Pencil and photoshop.

bloodyface.jpg

Here's mine. Pencil and photoshop.

Nice!

I was having some trouble making the cuts in his face look right, but it turned out well enough.

Were you like me and found it hard not to make him look like Cal McDonald? A few bandages and POW!

Guest AdminGuyX

Two pens, one sharpie, one lepen, and a spiral pad. No pencils. Just put pen to paper and started noodling. I did this today during commercials while Top Shot was on.

bloody1.jpg

Nice.

I haven't started one yet, but hopefully I'll have something to show by Friday.

Two pens, one sharpie, one lepen, and a spiral pad. No pencils. Just put pen to paper and started noodling. I did this today during commercials while Top Shot was on.

Noeland, that is simply awesome man! Freek'n nailed it.

I have not done this since Jr. High, but I figured I'd get in on the fun.

Hey Jweb! Nice work buddy! Stick with it, I see potential!

So what's up next?

You wanna pick one? Otherwise I can scratch my brain for something cool. ;)

Guest AdminGuyX

I really enjoy seeing all the sketches guys! I love doing shit like this!

I'll throw this one out for the next idea:

BIGFOOT!

I really enjoy seeing all the sketches guys! I love doing shit like this!

I'll throw this one out for the next idea:

BIGFOOT!

absolutely!

When Dan walked into the small town of Stehekin, Washington, just west of the Sawtooth Wilderness. He promptly declared to the population that he was foresaking his life as a Sasquatch for the comforts of humanity. Most folks just laughed at him, rumors spread that he had bumped his head on the set of Sons of Anarchy and had just wandered off...Ridiculed, scoffed at talked about behind his very large back...he picked up the nickname...Bigfoot Dan the sons of anarchy sasquatch man...

....laugh as they did, none of those cold hearted bastards could explain why his body disapeared shortly after eating himself to death at Ed's Taco Hell...

bigfoot-dan.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX

I love how you guys had nearly the same vision for your bigfoot sketch. It's like if bigfoot was an Allman brother! :)

I wanted to do something kind of creepy, but since we're packing to move my drawing table is no longer setup, so I did this while standing at the kitchen counter.

bg2.jpg

I may try to do another one, but this was a fun pencil sketch. I haven't done any pencil work without the intent of inking it in a LONG time.