Sign in to follow this  
kdedu

Worldcon - Renovation

Wow - Worldcon is in my backyard this year! Anyone going?

They have a film series, albeit it looks like mostly shorts. They do accept fantasy/horror - wonder if we could get a showing of Dark Country?

Ha! I scored a programming spot at WorldCon!

I'll be giving a virtual tour of steampunk locations in Nevada which will include the McKean Car, Twain's Virginia City, and the bar that spawned The Seed - rock's first psychedelic poster.

I'm hoping to also pull something off involving the Psychoscope - a play performed at Piper's Opera House in August, 1872 (same era as Jules Verne). Play was written by some of Twain's friends about an invention that, like a magic lantern, projects images of a person's thoughts upon a wall. The play was shut down within a few nights because they portrayed prostitution realistically.

Oh wow - look at you, with the cool bio and everything!

You are one interesting chicka, my friend!

Have fun with that, hope it's a good turnout.

I'll be giving a virtual tour of steampunk locations in Nevada which will include the McKean Car, Twain's Virginia City, and the bar that spawned The Seed - rock's first psychedelic poster.

I'm hoping to also pull something off involving the Psychoscope - a play performed at Piper's Opera House in August, 1872 (same era as Jules Verne). Play was written by some of Twain's friends about an invention that, like a magic lantern, projects images of a person's thoughts upon a wall. The play was shut down within a few nights because they portrayed prostitution realistically.

Nice, congrats!

Psychoscope is very interesting, I'm going to attempt to find out more about it. That's be great if you did it, hope it works out.

Thanks guys! Should be fun, especially since my boss considers it part of my job. ;)

An interesting tidbit about the Psychoscope. One of the authors, Joseph T. Goodman was not only mark Twain's first boss in journalism, but also decoded the Mayan Calendar in 1905. He, along w/ 2 other scholars, is the reason we think the world ends in 2012!!

Thanks guys! Should be fun, especially since my boss considers it part of my job. ;)

An interesting tidbit about the Psychoscope. One of the authors, Joseph T. Goodman was not only mark Twain's first boss in journalism, but also decoded the Mayan Calendar in 1905. He, along w/ 2 other scholars, is the reason we think the world ends in 2012!!

All starting to come together now. Well let's hope you have a successful go at Psychoscope, and soon, before the author's other fine work comes true.

Congrats! That's very cool! :D