Tim Bradstreet

NEW RAW STUDIOS WEBSITE

Friends, fans, and mudwhistles -

I'm pleased to announce the coming of the all-new, revamped, UPDATED RAW STUDIOS website.

One stop shopping to get all the news that's fit to print on the doings of Mr. Thomas Jane and myself, and our little experiment, the one and only RAW Studios.

The new site will launch on Friday, January 28th at some unexplainable time of day, and you won't want to miss it.

For too long we've been unable to easily update our current RAW site and believe me when I say, that has been frustrating to us as much as for you all.

It's really our own fault since designing an easily updatable site is rather important if you want to share your doings with the outside world.

In the past it's been, write an update, include some graphics, send it to this person so they can post it on your behalf.

People are busy, they have lives, it's understandable that these updates don't appear overnight.

In addition, we had no real control over how the updates would look when they were posted with artwork and such.

It was always a crapshoot.

While all that was going on, social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace were practically making updating our own site MOOT - and we kinda lost interest somewhere along the way.

Well not anymore.

Now we have an easily updatable page and it's going to be a Godsend for us and for YOU.

We're planning on showing off some sweet news for our first headliner on Friday so be sure you check it out.

And bookmark that sucker cause we plan to be updating at least a couple of times a week.

Kristyn will notify us here when the site goes live on FRIDAY.

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback concerning the site in this thread.

Stay tuned.

- TB

Cool, you finally going to have a name for the store?

That's a good question.

A good question for Kristyn . . .

Kristyn?

;)

- tb

Guest AdminGuyX

Very cool. I am excited that the site will be updated so often, and on a regular basis!! It's been way too quiet lately.

Njc-----

Nice! I'm not going to lie, sometimes I forget a little about why we're all here. Looking forward to it!

I'm pumped & ready! This sounds super exciting! Jan. 28th--My calendar has been marked. :)

Cool, you finally going to have a name for the store?

Kristyn's workin' on this -

Were we gonna have a "name the store" contest and then didn't?

I know I saw some suggestions wether they were un-offical suggestions or no.

We can't find a thread if there is one.

Sorry, it's been so long . . . And we're not always the sharpest tacks in the box ;)

Someone let us know.

Then, if the contest hasn't previously played out we vow to find a Raw swag-receiving winner and post the contest as a new topic.

OK - Friday's comin' hard and fast - The new launch approaches with force and alacrity, my children . . .

I'll try and report on a hard time the site goes live.

It'll be like Christmas morning ;)

x - t

Tim, Tom ran a thread a while back for a store name contest. Here it is, boss ;)

http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/index.p...pic=1369&hl

Weber, thanks for your help :) We've returned to the contest and the deadline is TONIGHT. So please submit any last minute ideas for a STORE NAME and you could be our winner! Happy Brainstorming, all! :lol:

*I'm going to let everyone know on the original contest thread so please reply with ideas there!

If I may suggest something for the updated site, you guys really should think about having a wallpaper section. It would be great to be able to have high quality pictures of those great Basil Gogos, Berni Wrightson, Dave Stevens, etc... Bad Planet covers available. Just a thought.

- NEWSFLASH -

This just in . . . .

Sorry to say we jumped the gun just a wee bit on the date our new site goes live . . .

(I wish I was kidding)

But we only just spotted some navigational and aesthetic issues we decided to address now, before the planned re-launch Friday.

What can I say? We're perfectionists, and there's no point to showing this sucker off until we've got it purring like a Maserati -

So a little more patience is all we ask, and we apologize for gettin' ya all prematurely revved-up.

In the meantime, please spread the word. We'll be releasing some exclusives with the site re-launch and we want all the brothers and sisters out there to come party on re-launch day!

Hopefully the lag will give part-time members a chance to check in and see what all the excitement is about.

That's the bright side.

Our Web Genius is a busy gal and we will have to wait in line just a bit before she can fix the frak.

We're pushing for a week to get it ripe and once we have an exact date, we'll begin the countdown . . .

Stay tuned, it won't be long!

TB

PS - This will give "RAW Store needs a name" contestants a larger window to throw down with their suggestions.

New Deadline is Sunday (Jan 30) midnight PST

No problem, Bradstreet & Gang. When it's ready, we'll be ready. ;)

We'll know a lot more about the timing of going live with the site by tomorrow.

Will keep all updated.

- tb

Still no hard date on going live.

Sometimes artists and creator's suck ;P

Once we start making little changes we just cannot stop.

But the good news is that during the delay we've been able to add some extra bells and whistles that will make the launch even that much better.

Also - Once you DO see the new site you'll notice a nifty little button up by our names at the top.

That button is a link to a place called Amusedom.com.

Amusedom is a place we want you to become very familiar with.

It's a site for artists, creators, and the fans.

It's a self-publishing venture that is sure to take the world by storm.

We'll be offering all of our books there for sale AND for digital viewing.

You want to create something you say? Well good! Amusedom welcomes ALL with open arms.

The same tools are there for you to use to show your creations to the world, and SELL it.

Amusedom was created BY artists and creators FOR artists and creators.

I'll be taking this subject up in it's own thread in the coming days.

Until then, go check it out. Join up, and start creating.

Click the above link to sign up, click THIS link for a little bit of info about Amusedom

Cheers - TB

Still no hard date on going live.

Sometimes artists and creator's suck ;P

Once we start making little changes we just cannot stop.

But the good news is that during the delay we've been able to add some extra bells and whistles that will make the launch even that much better.

Also - Once you DO see the new site you'll notice a nifty little button up by our names at the top.

That button is a link to a place called Amusedom.com.

Amusedom is a place we want you to become very familiar with.

It's a site for artists, creators, and the fans.

It's a self-publishing venture that is sure to take the world by storm.

We'll be offering all of our books there for sale AND for digital viewing.

You want to create something you say? Well good! Amusedom welcomes ALL with open arms.

The same tools are there for you to use to show your creations to the world, and SELL it.

Amusedom was created BY artists and creators FOR artists and creators.

I'll be taking this subject up in it's own thread in the coming days.

Until then, go check it out. Join up, and start creating.

Click the above link to sign up, click THIS link for a little bit of info about Amusedom

Cheers - TB

I see that they have a sketchbook section, any plans to contribute to that Tim?

Guest AdminGuyX

That's what I'm talkin' about! I dropped a brick when I saw a couple pages of Bad Planet. Man, Staples black and white work just floors me! Fantastic. I cannot WAIT to see the completed comic book. Seriously, that first panel could not be more dynamic or awesome.

The videos Tom shot are also cool. Great fun to watch those! Tom - thank you! I'm really looking forward to seeing the film.

Njc--------