Sign in to follow this  
kdedu

Kickstarter -Microfinance options

RAW folks - Considering there have been several discussion about creative control and financing, I thought I'd put this out there. I just found this website this morning, but maybe some of you already know about it.

Kickstarter is great if you have a fully-formed artistic endeavor that needs financing. If anyone pursues this, please let the RAW folks know so we can contribute to your project. I can think of several I've read about here that I'd contribute to!

RAW folks - Considering there have been several discussion about creative control and financing, I thought I'd put this out there. I just found this website this morning, but maybe some of you already know about it.

Kickstarter is great if you have a fully-formed artistic endeavor that needs financing. If anyone pursues this, please let the RAW folks know so we can contribute to your project. I can think of several I've read about here that I'd contribute to!

I've considered it - however you need a US bank account which eliminates the conversation.

Having a lot of filmmaking friends on facebook (for obvious reason), it seems a bit like panhandling to me. Nothing inherently wrong with the idea. I think it's great. I know a lot of people with some real talent and passion who are using this to do great things. But for every one of them, there are dozens of talentless hacks who ruin it for me.

Of course I run into the problem as an actor that a.) if you aren't putting me in your film, I'm not going to throw my hard-earned cash at your project (maybe when I have millions :D ) and b.) if I am going to be in your project, you should be paying me...not the other way around.