Sign in to follow this  
FADoss

FASTER

I went to see "Faster" to kill a few brain cells and was TOTALLY blown away. Johnson is a force to be reckoned with in the film and is so ferocious he made me nervous. Thornton was fun to watch. The dialogue clicked. Oliver Jackson-Cohen gives a cool performance as well. I walked out of the theater thinking I had seen one of the most brilliant vengeance flicks in years.

What was everyone elses take? Very curious to hear from Noeland and Tim.

I liked it. My cousin wanted to see it, and from the trailers, it didn't grab me. Just looked like another Fast and Furious film with guns. The film surprised me. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. The style was a throwback to the 70's which was nice. I thought it would have been more like Crank with fast cutting and all flash.

The film was predictable. The twist was not really a twist at all. You do end up really feeling bad for the Billy Bob character, which was nice. I think films like this forget to do that sometimes, putting an emotional punch into it.

In the end, I went into it not wanting to drop cash on it, and came out pleasently surprised. I wish The Rock would do more serious roles.

Saw it tonight, finally. It was a lot better then I was expecting. I went in thinking it would be a fun but brainless shoot em up but it actually had a bit of emotional depth to it. The Rock was awesome (man is he BUILT these days) and the rest of the cast did a good job. The score and cinematography were top notch too. I did figure out the twist but it was well played when it came.

I hope The Rock does more flicks like this, he was made for them.

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, I liked it too. It did have a nice, simple revenge plot that worked. I don't always need deep story and high art to satisfy me, and this one for me was just a cool stylized action flick. It was a nice surprise.

I will admit I was biased going in though. Maggie Grace is a major crush for me. I'm a huge LOST fan and she was wonderfully annoying on that show. It was nice to see her shooting guns, even if it was fleeting. I was hoping she'd have an action scene. Rumor has it she is a gun owner and avid shooter. I'm hoping one day someone sees fit to give her a part where she can be the gun toting bad ass.

The other thing is, I'm a Ruger man and I'm a fan of the Alaskan. This is the revolver The Rock used in the film. It's a big bore no nonsense handgun, and to my knowledge has not been seen in a film before.

Third thing is the Chevelle. Love that car. Seriously, it's a CHEVELLE.

The film was predictable. The twist was not really a twist at all. You do end up really feeling bad for the Billy Bob character, which was nice. I think films like this forget to do that sometimes, putting an emotional punch into it.

Say this on DVD a little while back and enjoyed it. Also, more interesting than I expected. Can't say I felt one smidge of sympathy for Billy Bob, though.