Sign in to follow this  
xNLx

JON FAVREAU PASSES ON "IRON MAN 3"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29884

Can't really say that this surprises me. I'm kind of getting the impression that Marvel is overthinking and strong arming creative types to fit the properties in their mold, which 9 times out of 10 does not work. Look what happened to Spider-Man 3.

Not to say Favreau is the only cat in town that can direct a competent Iron Man, but I was looking forward to a trilogy by (mostly) all the same guys from the get go. It'll be interesting to see who they replace him with.

Spider-Man 3 was more Sony and Avi Arad than Marvel. It's probably mixture of Marvel not giving enough freedom and money.

It’s a shame, but it’s definitely not a surprise. He’s probably better off. Iron Man 2 had the feel of too many fingers in the pie. They tried to shoehorn in all this Avengers crap instead of telling a story, and the film suffered for it.

I figured this would happen. I was surprised Jon worked on Iron Man 2. For a while, he almost dropped out of that because they wanted to rush the production (and they did, and it tells). It's sad to see him go. I wonder if he'll be back as Happy?

On the plus side, they are going to do part 3, not a re-boot (shit, I might have just jinxed that ;) )

Articles have said that the reason why Jon is out because there is a rift between him and RDJ.

I actually kind of liked 2. A lot of people didn't enjoy it, but I didn't see the huge problems with it others seemed to. Not the best film ever, but fun.

I actually kind of liked 2. A lot of people didn't enjoy it, but I didn't see the huge problems with it others seemed to. Not the best film ever, but fun.

I agree with you there, I probably liked it about as much as the first one, but in different ways. Now I'm curious to see if Favreau returns as Happy Hogan or if Marvel does their famed recasting bit.

Might be interesting to see if there's any truth to the RDJ/Favreau rift. I read conflicting reports that it's why Downey dropped out of Cowboys and Aliens. Or because he wanted to do Sherlock Holmes 2.

I liked the second one too, but I had hopes with everything going for it that it would have been better. After seeing it, I knew I didn't like it more than the first, but I didn't like it any less. Now that time has passed, I see that there were a lot of things I wish they would have done more with, and I know they could have.

The first few weeks of filming, RDJ and Fav both were griping because they still did not have a script in place and they were just shooting off the cuff because of "studio impossed deadlines". It's a good, fun film, but I have the feeling that Jon had bigger plans for it and they fell apart because of the rush to get it pushed through. In lesser hands, it could have been horrible, but it turned out okay.

For me, I wish they would have done more with Mickey and the stuff with Fury just seemed silly. I really didn't want to have to wait until Avengers to see Fury be a bad ass, not just some guy in a trench coat spouting exposition and secondary comic relife. RDJ as the comedy down cold.

They had all the right elements, but I don't think they put them together right.

The first few weeks of filming, RDJ and Fav both were griping because they still did not have a script in place and they were just shooting off the cuff because of "studio impossed deadlines". It's a good, fun film, but I have the feeling that Jon had bigger plans for it and they fell apart because of the rush to get it pushed through. In lesser hands, it could have been horrible, but it turned out okay.

That's supposedly the case for the Captain America and Thor films.

The internet is good for rumors, and I can across quite the appealing one today. AICN is saying that there are talks with Shane Black to write and direct Iron Man 3.

That, I would love to see happen. Black has got to kick it in the ass. So much talent, but where the hell has he been? Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is gold.

Guest AdminGuyX

Oh man. I've been a Shane Black fan since forever. I would love to see him get a shot like this.

Guest AdminGuyX

Yep, just read it over on AICN. Very happy! I'll have to put Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang in the dvd player to celebrate.

:)