Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Sherlock

Anybody else catch this? It's a modern day adaptation created by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, with Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Martin Freeman and Watson. It's really good, the first two episodes are streaming on the PBS website. Watch it.

I really love Martin Freeman. He's hilarious on The Office (British version) and in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So glad to see him getting more work, including playing Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, whenever that movie will finally get made.

I saw all 3 "episodes" of the series and heard that they're filming more, either as a continuation of the "season" or as a 2nd season.

I liked the 2 main actors and their interplay; interesting modern interpretation of the Sherlock and Watson dynamic.

Not as keen on the mysteries overall, but I like the characters.

I didn't realize that I had seen Benedict Cumberpatch (Sherlock) before in a small role in Atonement. He seems to be a malleable actor who doesn't always play the same role or is recognizable as himself for the most part. I later saw him in the TV series Fortysomething (as one of Hugh Laurie's sons) and in the period-piice miniseries Small Island. I did notice that he wiped his mouth in the same manner in both Atonement and Small Island. I know it's a small point, but it's very distinctive in the scenes he's in. Oh, also saw him in Stuart: A Life Backwards where he co-starred with Tom Hardy (amazing, touching performance by Tom).

In another small "film" world note, Rupert Graves plays Lestrate - and Rupert and the guy who played the taxi driver in the 1st episode, A Study In Pink, were both in the movie Different For Girls, with the guy playing a taxi driver there too! :lol:

Jen

I caught these. They were fun. My son loved them.