Sign in to follow this  
Rosella

NEW SUPERMAN MOVIE

Zack Snyder is director. Christopher Nolan is producer. David S. Goyer is writer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20018737-10391698.html

Who do you want to see in the cast for the new Superman?

I've never been a fan of the Superman films. Even with Nolan, Goyer and Snyder attached, it does nothing for me. My biggest bone to pick is that why is Lex Luthor in every film? There was Zod in II, but change it up some more. I can't belive that the first Super-hero only has two villians.

I've never been a fan of the Superman films. Even with Nolan, Goyer and Snyder attached, it does nothing for me. My biggest bone to pick is that why is Lex Luthor in every film? There was Zod in II, but change it up some more. I can't belive that the first Super-hero only has two villians.

Well said stitch! I could care less about another superman movie with yet another Luthor...How about Superman vs Bizzaro Superman? I'd at least be interested.

As long as there are no more real estate schemes, I'll be happy. Though from what I've heard the script isn't quite there yet, and there isn't much time to get it perfect.

Also, the Zod rumor bums me out a bit.

I don't want to see Zod again, and I sure as hell hope Lex is not in it. I wouldn`t mind seeing him face Darkseid, Doomsday, Brainiac, or Metallo. Hopefully there won`t be another hour long origin story either. Another wait and see project for me.

I'm Okay with Luthor being in the movie, he's too ingrained in the world not to be in the movie. But yeah, team him up with Brainiac or Metallo, that would be great.

Jon Hamm. He couldn't be better suited for it.

Agreed. Hamm was the first one who came to my mind when I found out about a new movie awhile back. It would be so great if they got him.

They'll probably skew younger.

Although Snyder did just work with Hamm on Sucker Punch....

Yeah, it doesn't get me excited at all...ho-hum...

Guest AdminGuyX

I like Brandon Routh in everything except Superman. But I hated the Singer film.

I don't have strong feelings on this one either. But I will say I'm mildly interested to see where Zack "I use slow motion in every other shot" Snyder takes Superman.

I like Brandon Routh in everything except Superman. But I hated the Singer film.

I don't have strong feelings on this one either. But I will say I'm mildly interested to see where Zack "I use slow motion in every other shot" Snyder takes Superman.

If anything we'll at least finally get a Superman film with some really nice action.

Cavill was pretty good in Hellraiser 8. But you can take that for what it’s worth :rolleyes:

It must be a bit of a victory for the guy after being lined up for so many other roles (Batman, Bond, Singer’s Superman) now that he’s finally nabbed one.

Is anyone upset that they didn't cast an American actor? To me, it doesn't really matter that much, but I was kind of hoping for Jon Hamm, he has the jaw line for it anyway. I can understand some people not pleased with an English actor taking over, since he is an American icon, but he was co-created by a Canadian as well.

My only beef with the new guy is that he is only 6 feet tall, and not the usual 6'4, but hopefully it won't matter or be noticeable when we see the movie. Kind of wait and see, especially since "LiLo" was recently rumored.

Is anyone upset that they didn't cast an American actor? To me, it doesn't really matter that much, but I was kind of hoping for Jon Hamm, he has the jaw line for it anyway. I can understand some people not pleased with an English actor taking over, since he is an American icon, but he was co-created by a Canadian as well.

My only beef with the new guy is that he is only 6 feet tall, and not the usual 6'4, but hopefully it won't matter or be noticeable when we see the movie. Kind of wait and see, especially since "LiLo" was recently rumored.

After seeing this a few years ago, I kinda felt he would be better as Lex Luthor. I think he would definitely have more fun in that role, especially as the mad scientist/corporate CEO iteration.

As long as this movie isn't another $200 million dollar fan movie like Superman Returns was, I'm be happy. Though I do wonder if Snyder will try something new visually/cinematography wise, Superman should be a brighter movie than the normal desaturated look he's been using in his career.

I'm not upset, but I think it's weird that another English actor is playing Superman since both Batman & Spider-Man are played by English actors, as well.

Guess only Englishmen have super powers. ;)

I'm still bummed Jon Hamm wasn't picked; Hamm was (still is) my ideal choice.

I'm not upset, but I think it's weird that another English actor is playing Superman since both Batman & Spider-Man are played by English actors, as well.

Guess only Englishmen have super powers. ;)

I'm still bummed Jon Hamm wasn't picked; Hamm was (still is) my ideal choice.

Marvel is pretty much keeping it American. DC on the other hand, yeah.... Batman - British, Superman - British, Green Lantern - Canadian and on the flip side John Constantine - American.

Marvel is pretty much keeping it American. DC on the other hand, yeah.... Batman - British, Superman - British, Green Lantern - Canadian and on the flip side John Constantine - American.

Well, in defense of British Batmen, the first 5 American whacks at it was pretty brutal, and now there's finally something to watch more than once. I don't know what country they should have found Hal Jordan from, but I wish they had kept looking.

Well, in defense of British Batmen, the first 5 American whacks at it was pretty brutal, and now there's finally something to watch more than once. I don't know what country they should have found Hal Jordan from, but I wish they had kept looking.

Adam West was a good Batman for the time, Keaton wasn't bad - he was definitely better at making his voice sound different than Bale. Kilmer could have been perfect, he was just in a shitty movie. Clooney was just terrible.

Adam West was a good Batman for the time, Keaton wasn't bad - he was definitely better at making his voice sound different than Bale. Kilmer could have been perfect, he was just in a shitty movie. Clooney was just terrible.

Adam West. Aye carumba.

Keaton was a decent enough Batman, but as Bruce Wayne he was all wrong. Bale is a fantastic actor, although I realize the voice thing bothered a lot of people in the second movie. The director needs to pick up on this while it's going on and... Direct.

I will defend the '60s Batman series till the end.

At least we have Tom Atkins.