sidewaysgaze

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand

Wow, that is such a nice offer & suggestion TJA! Hopefully Tom will get a chance to read this soon! We all know how busy he has been...Aw heck, you never know -- he might even consider! That would be so great if he did...that would get this masterpiece -- up and running.

Well, that's mighty kind o' ya, tja. But I'm not sure if a "lack of funding" is the only roadblock in this production. Timing must still be a factor for the actors Tom wants to cast, as well as, for Tom himself. Every time I turn around, Tom is set to join the cast of another movie. And I think....Yay!....Then I realize...Oh, wait. That means another delay for AMDFASH. But hey, if you can help make it happen sooner rather than later, that'd be super.

Otherwise, I think we're just going to have to wait for the stars to align just right.

just read an interview with TJ...he said he will only direct and not act in shattered hand...say it ain't so

just read an interview with TJ...he said he will only direct and not act in shattered hand...say it ain't so

What!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.....I'd still see it, either way. Plus, there's still time for him to change his mind. & he could always do a cameo in the film, instead.

Here's something to whet the appetite of all of you AMDFASH fans on here:

(you've probably already seen it but I thought it should be posted on here....we haven't said anything in this tread for over a year)

We screened this video at SD Comic Con along with Dirty Laundry. We had a BIG crowd and they loved it. I'm glad to see it posted, I didn't know it was available anywhere.

Mike

We screened this video at SD Comic Con along with Dirty Laundry. We had a BIG crowd and they loved it. I'm glad to see it posted, I didn't know it was available anywhere.

Mike

I didn't realize this had been pieced together that long ago. I saw that TJ shared the link on Twitter earlier this month. It's exquisite! :D

Loved that, look and feel and now im salavating (dmanit)

Any more news on AMDFASH yet?  Seems to have been a difficult project to pull together for one reason and another along the way, but it feels like everyone involved so far has a real passion for it, would be fantastic to see it in all it's glory on the big screen.  IMDB is still showing it as 'in development' so I truly hope that's the case. 🤞 Also hope that TJ has had a rethink on not taking an acting role in this 🤞🤞

Ah the film that should be!

Currently its in Toms top draw of his desk. Last time it came around there were issues with regards to lack of funding meeting Toms vision of how he wanted it to appear on screen. It's still there patiently waiting like an old weary gunman waiting for his magnificent death. 

Thanks for that Geoff - I really hope it’s still on the back burner, it’s too good a concept to never see the light of day.  Keeping fingers tightly crossed that Tom gets things in place to do justice to his vision.

2 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Thanks for that Geoff - I really hope it’s still on the back burner, it’s too good a concept to never see the light of day.  Keeping fingers tightly crossed that Tom gets things in place to do justice to his vision.

Well I am hoping to catch up with Tom later today so I will ask him. 

Excellent, thanks Geoff - any feedback from Tom would be great!  At the risk of sounding soppy (!) do send him my love and best wishes, hope all is well in his world 🙂

Sorry, me again!! Whilst we’re on the subject of back-burners, did anything ever come of Tom’s Six Billion Dollar Man project?  That was an intriguing one, would have liked to see his take on an old classic!

On 3/22/2019 at 3:06 PM, Gail Bentley said:

Sorry, me again!! Whilst we’re on the subject of back-burners, did anything ever come of Tom’s Six Billion Dollar Man project?  That was an intriguing one, would have liked to see his take on an old classic!

Actually, scratch this - had a quick Google and seen that the young upstart Wahlberg got Tom's gig, should have checked to start with but I was a couple of gins in at the time............

He did yes, with his pal Peter Berg set to direct but as far as Im aware it never actually got shot in the end.

as for AMDFASH.......You never know what can happen in LaLa Land. 

So reading between the lines of past conversations (and Q&A), am I right in thinking that AMDFASH will likely never see the light of day, or am I wide of the mark there?  T’would be a crying shame as it seemed to have all the elements in place to be a classic - nobody does good westerns any more but this could have been great........am I just being impatient again?

2 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

So reading between the lines of past conversations (and Q&A), am I right in thinking that AMDFASH will likely never see the light of day, or am I wide of the mark there?  T’would be a crying shame as it seemed to have all the elements in place to be a classic - nobody does good westerns any more but this could have been great........am I just being impatient again?

Hey, Gail! *waves* Great question! I've been anticipating this one for YEARS, & it just didn't come together. I wouldn't say 'never,' but if I were you, I wouldn't hold your breath, either. 

I take it that this film is on the far back back burners. 🙁

54 minutes ago, Rosella said:

Hey, Gail! *waves* Great question! I've been anticipating this one for YEARS, & it just didn't come together. I wouldn't say 'never,' but if I were you, I wouldn't hold your breath, either. 

I take it that this film is on the far back back burners. 🙁

Hey Rosella!! 👋👋 How ya been?  Working hard I assume? Yeah, I get the same feeling sadly ☹️

Way, way back I'm afraid. 

Too bad - the one that got away 😞

23 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Hey Rosella!! 👋👋 How ya been?  Working hard I assume? Yeah, I get the same feeling sadly ☹️

Doing well, thank you! Yeah, trying to balance various creative projects & real life is tricky. But I missed my RAW family; I know I need to spend more time on here. 😊

As much as I'd love to see this film see the light of day, I hope it only happens with TJ behind it. I'd hate to see someone else snatch it up & takeover, y'know? I don't understand why Hollywood doesn't seem interested enough in making a lot of Westerns. Actor Vincent D'Onofrio recently directed a Western called THE KID. It had a budget around $8 million, some stars in the cast, & received a limited theatrical release. I don't get why AMDFASH couldn't get the same treatment just as easily. I would've thought Nick Nolte's early involvement would've sparked some interest.