sidewaysgaze

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand

Real people....RAW people. B)

So very cute.

True...very true Rosela.

I agree with you not many stars treat their fans as real people or spend any time acknowledging them. In fact, it's amazing how he has any time to come in the forum but yet he does :). Very refreshing how he remains so down to earth - day in and day out - throughout his whole entire acting career.

He's definitely one of kind.

He is a very down to earth person. He works hard and he seems to be a good person all the way around. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

my ears were burning... :) thanks for the nice comments. i do try to forget that i'm a film actor. people tend to give waayy too much cred to folks just cause they sing or dance or fire fake bullets from real guns. it's a fun job, but man does it tend to go to the head. why? it's the culture, folks. we are programmed to worship celebrity. whole shelves of books have been written on why that is - but i think it boils down to sawbucks. yet another corporate scheme to pry dollars from the pocket, by tapping into primal fear and desires. did i mention we're getting in some new t-shirts at the store? ;)

anyhoo

the server was down & thanks to the quick fingers of Rosella W. i was able to get it back up double time.

thanks Rosella!

since I'm here i'm checking in for a real quick update on our western: nick nolte and I have been spending an evening a week out at terry Leonard's ranch, riding hores. Horses! it's been a blast. Luis Guzman has read and likes the script, same goes for Chris Plummer and Jeremy Irons. but sadly, it looks like we're pushing yet agin, this time to Spring 2014. so we will have to wait to finalize everyone's deal.

Nick is pretty bummed, I am too, but we've decided to keep getting together at Terry's for now, mostly cause riding with Terry is so much fun.

look up Terry Leonard when you get a sec; he is THE man when it comes to roping and riding for Hollywood, (or anywhere else) and he's one of the best stunt guys who ever lived, and one of the best Second Unit Directors too. we are lucky enough to have him doing both jobs on magnificent death, stunts and second unit, plus unofficial riding coach for me and Nick.

and the guy can tell a story, too. if you ever meet him, ask him to tell you the one about catching Wilt Chamberlain with his girlfriend.

alright more later, folks. sorry i've been so busy and can't check in more. but i've got a movie to make.

keep the faith, say a little prayer to the movie gods for us (every little bit helps)

and Adios for now

TJ

Good to see you back. I am keeping the faith and saying a prayer and waiting very patiently. And I am glad the forum is back up and running. Thought for a minute I was put on the naughty list. ;)

my ears were burning... :) thanks for the nice comments. i do try to forget that i'm a film actor. people tend to give waayy too much cred to folks just cause they sing or dance or fire fake bullets from real guns. it's a fun job, but man does it tend to go to the head. why? it's the culture, folks. we are programmed to worship celebrity. whole shelves of books have been written on why that is - but i think it boils down to sawbucks. yet another corporate scheme to pry dollars from the pocket, by tapping into primal fear and desires. did i mention we're getting in some new t-shirts at the store? ;)

anyhoo

the server was down & thanks to the quick fingers of Rosella W. i was able to get it back up double time.

thanks Rosella!

since I'm here i'm checking in for a real quick update on our western: nick nolte and I have been spending an evening a week out at terry Leonard's ranch, riding hores. Horses! it's been a blast. Luis Guzman has read and likes the script, same goes for Chris Plummer and Jeremy Irons. but sadly, it looks like we're pushing yet agin, this time to Spring 2014. so we will have to wait to finalize everyone's deal.

Nick is pretty bummed, I am too, but we've decided to keep getting together at Terry's for now, mostly cause riding with Terry is so much fun.

look up Terry Leonard when you get a sec; he is THE man when it comes to roping and riding for Hollywood, (or anywhere else) and he's one of the best stunt guys who ever lived, and one of the best Second Unit Directors too. we are lucky enough to have him doing both jobs on magnificent death, stunts and second unit, plus unofficial riding coach for me and Nick.

and the guy can tell a story, too. if you ever meet him, ask him to tell you the one about catching Wilt Chamberlain with his girlfriend.

alright more later, folks. sorry i've been so busy and can't check in more. but i've got a movie to make.

keep the faith, say a little prayer to the movie gods for us (every little bit helps)

and Adios for now

TJ

You're certainly welcome, Tom! :wub: Anytime.

Boy, it's always interesting to read the thoughts of your mind, a real pleasure. An autobiography would be in order if I didn't prefer parts of your life to remain mysterious....New shirts? Awesome!...But where's my watch?

Luis Guzman & Christopher Plummer!? That cast is shaping up nicely. Delayed, again? :( Now, I'm bummed, too. I guess I should be glad that it's not completely axed all together...The longer I wait, the more I anticipate......I hope everyone who's on board now will still join then. Finalizing deals...sounds business-y. It's great that you guys have more time to train with the horses and are enjoying those quality experiences.

Thanks for all of the updates & for sharing what's been going on with AMDFASH!! :)

It's sweet that you apologize for not visiting with us more often, but your time away is completely understood. While you're gone, just know that we tend to talk a lot about you 'round here. So if you're ears burn up, you'll know why. B)

Dear Movie Gods...

Please let A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand happen as soon as possible, because we all NEED it in our lives...It's more than just a movie....It's a gift to the world. I believe in this masterpiece that's destined for worldwide screens.....I believe in Tom.....I believe in RAW....

Amen

(how's that?)

So very cute.

Hehe :)

my ears were burning... :) thanks for the nice comments. i do try to forget that i'm a film actor.

You're welcome, just call em as I see em :)

As for AMDFASH, as the saying goes...

The best things in life (such as great flicks) are worth waiting for.

Dear Movie Gods,

make this great magnificent western to happen for TJ (& the crew) and what the heck for TA too :)

You're certainly welcome, Tom! :wub: Anytime.

Boy, it's always interesting to read the thoughts of your mind, a real pleasure. An autobiography would be in order if I didn't prefer parts of your life to remain mysterious....New shirts? Awesome!...But where's my watch?

Luis Guzman & Christopher Plummer!? That cast is shaping up nicely. Delayed, again? :( Now, I'm bummed, too. I guess I should be glad that it's not completely axed all together...The longer I wait, the more I anticipate......I hope everyone who's on board now will still join then. Finalizing deals...sounds business-y. It's great that you guys have more time to train with the horses and are enjoying those quality experiences.

Thanks for all of the updates & for sharing what's been going on with AMDFASH!! :)

It's sweet that you apologize for not visiting with us more often, but your time away is completely understood. While you're gone, just know that we tend to talk a lot about you 'round here. So if you're ears burn up, you'll know why. B)

Dear Movie Gods...

Please let A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand happen as soon as possible, because we all NEED it in our lives...It's more than just a movie....It's a gift to the world. I believe in this masterpiece that's destined for worldwide screens.....I believe in Tom.....I believe in RAW....

Amen

(how's that?)

Hehe :)

Amen to all of the above. And it was sweet of him to say he is sorry for not being on here much. But we all understand he is a busy man. But his ears must burn alot cuz we are always talking about him. And we here on Raw are just one big family. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

did i mention we're getting in some new t-shirts at the store? ;)

I know TJane brought this up as a clever response to one of my previous comments, but it got me thinking about a shirt that should seriously be added to the store...A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand Crew Shirt......I know, I know....It's early, but I thought I'd just put it out there for future consideration. I'm still pretty heartbroken over missing out on the chance to get one of those Dark Country shirts. :(

That poster Rocks! TJ is such the classic hero.

not sure where TJ stands with the progress of AMDASH, but I found a link to a scene with the actor who wants a shot at being in the movie (Tom Archdeacon) in law & order that is pretty crazy. It's almost a 5 minute scene, but it really gets intense at about 3 minutes in.

Tom Archdeacon L&O SVU

http://vimeo.com/82027257

great scene...great job! ya sick sob! I mean your character...nice work mate

That's an amazing clip - I feel extremely oily now, yeeck.

And that's an incredible find because I don't think the episode has even aired yet - and it is not on TJA's IMDB credits yet.

Cool!

Bummed about the Delay!

Dear Movie Gods,

Whats your problem? Do you see the crap in my multiplex?

Give me this movie and I swear, swear, I will, I dont know, sit through Vampire Academy or something...I'm on knees here!

Bummed about the Delay!

Dear Movie Gods,

Give me this movie and I swear, swear, I will, I dont know, sit through Vampire Academy or something...I'm on knees here!

So whats the news on this movie. How come they haven't started on it yet?

Bummed about the Delay!

Dear Movie Gods,

No, Esco, No! It mustn't come to watching Vampire Academy....Choose the something! Anything but THAT! :P

So whats the news on this movie. How come they haven't started on it yet?

Well, according to TJ, this movie is expected to start shooting this spring...I'm thinking April. But that was the game plan awhile back, so things could've changed since then.

When they film will come down to scheduling & money.

No, Esco, No! It mustn't come to watching Vampire Academy....Choose the something! Anything but THAT! :P

Well, according to TJ, this movie is expected to start shooting this spring...I'm thinking April. But that was the game plan awhile back, so things could've changed since then.

I'm surprised at the delays too as TJ had said their ship had come in for funding, Jeremy Irons and Nick Nolte liked the script so it seemed like all systems go. Obviously something changed as The Jane has taken several roles recently. Hope this gets back on track soon or Spring is still in the cards.

Fortunately this isn't a unique challenge. Essentially all films are at risk of scheduling vs. money. Thomas is in a position to choose whether to let money expire that has been put up for the film or wait for someone like Nick Nolte to be available. Not knowing the specifics, I believe Thomas is choosing to wait and get the people he really wants to get in the film, at the risk of needing to secure new funding.

Thomas once mentioned a quote to me from a director (Stanley Kubrick???) that went something like, "I always shoot movies with the best actors... available." I may be off a little, but the idea is there.

Mike

I'm surprised at the delays too as TJ had said their ship had come in for funding, Jeremy Irons and Nick Nolte liked the script so it seemed like all systems go. Obviously something changed as The Jane has taken several roles recently. Hope this gets back on track soon or Spring is still in the cards.

One would think that any actor who has other commitments would make AMDFASH a priority, right?

Emphasis on the word think.

Fortunately this isn't a unique challenge. Essentially all films are at risk of scheduling vs. money. Thomas is in a position to choose whether to let money expire that has been put up for the film or wait for someone like Nick Nolte to be available. Not knowing the specifics, I believe Thomas is choosing to wait and get the people he really wants to get in the film, at the risk of needing to secure new funding.

Thomas once mentioned a quote to me from a director (Stanley Kubrick???) that went something like, "I always shoot movies with the best actors... available." I may be off a little, but the idea is there.

Mike

Yup! Movies being about time & money -- Ain't that the truth! ^_^

Waiting for the right people makes sense, especially when they're worth waiting on. And if Tom wants to wait for Nolte & others of his preferred caliber, then I'll wait with him. B)

TJ checked in last month, & I didn’t even know it until today. That’s what I get for bypassing the home page & heading straight to the forum. Lesson learned.
In case you’re like me & missed it, here’s a message from Tom on May 8th, 2014

Still looking for enough hay to make the horses run in magnificent death.

just wrapped The Veil with Phil Joanou - had a blast.

Alabama was fun, too - first with Mike Flanagan on his film and then with Bruce Willis on a little sci-fi pic that was a lot of fun. I got to play a pissed off cop in a dirty city.

decided to write a film about criminals. the western thing looks like it's gonna take a while. I've had a couple offers but nothing that felt right. you need partners that get what you want to do.

I'm tired. wanted to check in after that long run of filmmaking. now, rest.
TJ

Thanky for the update, TJ!! Hope you got the much needed rest you wanted.

"...film about criminals."...Anyone know if this is The Amateur Kind or something else?

Has anyone mentioned Kickstarter??? if costing is the issue rather than timing (although I suspect that will become its own issue) but hell lets all get a part of this one and help the big guy out! No idea what gets done about that though!

Hi All,

I haven't been on here in a long time. Obviously, AMDASH has been stalled for a while. Tom mentioned lack of funds... I would be curious to know how much we are lacking by?

Aside from being an Actor / drooling fan who begged for an audition opportunity via YouTube. I have been producing for several years now... If you go onto my producer credits on IMDB, you'll see that I am an Executive Producer on a project in post production called BAD HURT. A very gritty/heavy Indie drama that was shot with Martin Scorsese's team a few moths back.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1794323/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Well, TJ knows, as well as anyone in the film business, that a bloated title like Executive Producer means little more than the guy who raised the money to shoot the film. That is in fact what I did on that project. And while the budget on that was significantly south of the proposed budget for AMDASH, i will assume that AMDASH still has a large chunk in place and maybe I could bring it the rest of the way home?

If anyone from the AMDASH production wants to talk me about helping out with the funding the production. Email me and we can set up a time to chat.

Sincerely,

Tom Archdeacon

tomarchdeacon9@gmail.com

Two good ideas right there!