Sign in to follow this  
Rosella

The Fighter

I want to see this movie so badly. Can't believe I have to wait until December.

Well, here is the trailer for it:

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/movies/n...for-The-Fighter

Christian Bale. Mark Wahlberg. Those are good reasons to watch any movie. ;)

I want to see this movie so badly. Can't believe I have to wait until December.

Well, here is the trailer for it:

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/movies/n...for-The-Fighter

Christian Bale. Mark Wahlberg. Those are good reasons to watch any movie. ;)

Watched the trailer for this yesterday and it does look good.

Even though I knew Bale was in it, it still took me a while to work out who he was playing. It wasn't until a close up shot that it clicked. That guy can really transform himself for a role.

I think it's funny how a lot of news outlets are talking about the 30 lbs he lost for the role. Yeah, it's amazing that he can do that, but I just kept thinking " Did you not see The Machinist?". I get hungry just looking at him in that ;)

I love The Machinist. One of my favorite C-Bale movies. But it's the only movie that I can't say he's hot in.

I love The Machinist. One of my favorite C-Bale movies. But it's the only movie that I can't say he's hot in.

Come on, Indie, he's not that bad ;)

bale-machinist.jpg

Come on, Indie, he's not that bad ;)

bale-machinist.jpg

Believe you just proved my point. :lol: I think it's the being-able-to-count-his-individual-bones notion that turns me off.

But the fact that Bale can go from one sexy look to the other is amazing. To think, he made that transformation all for an independent film. It's a shame that The Machinist got overlooked.

Bale even shedded the pounds for Rescue Dawn; we can't forget that one.

How is it possible that Bale has never been up for an Oscar, yet? I'm hoping The Fighter is his chance.

Saw The Fighter. Such an amazing movie. It features so many great performances, excellent writing, music, cinematography, editing, etc. I love it!

Can’t picture anyone else filling the roles of Micky Ward & Dicky Eklund better than Mark Wahlberg & Christian Bale did. There is perfect chemistry between the two. I laughed and cried throughout the whole film. Mainly cried at Dicky’s moments-seeing his struggles with drugs. The boxing matches are intense; I loved how they were shot w/ the same graphics and bright Beta cameras that HBO used. Plus, can’t complain that Wahlberg had his shirt off in many scenes. The opening scene is great; the closing scene is so emotional.

Completely ecstatic that The Fighter received 6 Golden Globe nominations. I have a strong feeling Christian Bale will get his Oscar nom for this one. I want him to win one so badly. Even though Bale is only supporting, have to stand by the fact that he stole the movie.

Left the theater singing “How You Like Me Now?” (So glad I can now reference that song w/ something other than that commercial) & punching the air.

Saw a great interview of Wahlberg, Bale, & David O. Russell on Charlie Rose. It's nice to see when actors are truly proud of having made a film. I know that Wahlberg is glad to have gotten this movie finally made.

Already counting down to the DVD release; I hope it contains interviews with the real Micky & Dicky.

I highly recommend The Fighter for anyone who enjoys excellent movies.

The Fighter was worth the wait. B)

I was going to skip this because I really didn't want to see Bale giving another one of his grim performances, but I was happy to find out that's not the case, and that Bale is actually pretty funny in it. So it's on the list, after True Grit and Black Swan.

The Fighter was great. I think as far as boxing films go, this one sits right next to Raging Bull. Easily top 3 performances for Wahlberg and Bale (who stole the show). Darren Aronofsky was supposed to direct this, but I see he's still as a producer. Bale will get a nomination for this one, and I could see him winning.

Story wise, this one had it all. It runs from the dark corners of addition, family struggles, dependability, over-coming obsticals, and yet is funny to boot. Usually this combination ends up a mess, but this work, amazingly.

Christian Bale won a Golden Globe! Finally! Loved Bale's speech--best one of the evening; it's wonderful & funny. :D

Bale on Red Carpet/Bale's Speech:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xglnfw_ch...lobe_shortfilms

Also glad that Melissa Leo won for her performance; I was torn between her & Amy Adams.

I really wanted Mark Wahlberg & David O. Russell to win.

The Fighter should've won over The Social Network.

Well...it happend. Christian Bale received an Academy Award Nomination!!! :D

The Fighter received 7 nominations total including Best Picture.

Here's a complete list of nominations:

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/83/nominees.html

Who would have thought that it would take Bale doing a role that was the opposite of grim and dour to get a nomination.

Right? The whole time during the film (though there are some darker moments) I kept thinking of Bale, who knew it was so funny to be a crack head ;)

Too bad Mark didn't get a nomination. He's one of a handfull that I think were overlooked. I really thought The Town got screwed over.

Mark Wahlberg really deserves a nomination, but I bet he's just happy it's getting proper recognition. There were a lot of snubs, as always.

I didn't realize how much this was Mark's movie until the other day. I guess he has the script for quite some time looking for the right people to make it. I guess around 2005 he was trying to get it going, the whole time training for the role. It defiantly looked like it.

Right? The whole time during the film (though there are some darker moments) I kept thinking of Bale, who knew it was so funny to be a crack head ;)

Too bad Mark didn't get a nomination. He's one of a handfull that I think were overlooked. I really thought The Town got screwed over.

I completely agree with you. My girlfriend and I were livid that some of our favorite movies got the cold shoulder, including The Town. The Fighter was such a tremendous movie, it had and has SO MANY good things going for it. It was hands down one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

Christian Bale won a SAG Award--such a nice birthday present for him. :D

During Bale's speech, a new friend joined him on stage:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1656924/c...sag-award.jhtml

Melissa Leo also won a SAG Award.

Complete List of SAG winners here:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b221526_wi...m_2011_sag.html

Great film. Excellent perfomances and really well directed (The fight scenes really had me wincing). And it was refreshing to see Bale play a role that has some humour to it. He had a long run of brooding, humourless roles that it was a nice change of pace to see him having a good time.

And Amy Adams was hot :D

It happend!!! CHRISTIAN BALE WON AN OSCAR!!!!!!!! :D

I've been waiting for years to hear his name after, "And the Academy Award goes to...". Bale's win for Best Supporting Actor is truly the most deserving I've seen in a long time. It was such an emotional moment; I even cried a bit.

Bale's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfP9ofmZdc

Melissa Leo won for Best Supporting Actress. Her Oscar winning moment is even more special, because she was presented an award by Kirk Douglas (one of evenings highlights)! Her speech has become a hot topic:

I really wanted The Fighter to win Best Picture, but I wasn't surprised at all to see The King's Speech win. Most of the award winners were pretty predictable, actually.