sidewaysgaze

Rumor that Tom has cameo in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Here's another rumor that needs some light to be shed on it. :lol:

I've seen online, from at least 2 sources, that Tom has a cameo in this film, but I don't know if it's true.

Does anyone know the real deal?

Jen

Well, unless all the bloggers and movie reviewers are wrong, Tom does have a cameo in the film Scott Pilgrim vs. The World:

"Just like any good comedy should, it is packed full of gut busting, laugh out loud jokes, especially from a random cameo by Thomas Jane that left me laughing for a good 2 minutes straight."

http://shalitsstache.wordpress.com/2010/07...m-vs-the-world/

and

"Thomas Jane Plays Coy At The Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World' LA Premiere"

at Access Hollywood, supposedly

and

"There's also some new stuff thrown into the film which will guarantee a laugh (Thomas Jane's cameo was the best!)."

http://www.theouthousers.com/content/view/9588/172/

and

"Ex-superhero cameos abound so keep a sharp eye out for Chris Evans and Brandon Routh who plays, fittingly enough, the most powerful of the characters. Extra keen eyes might spot Thomas Jane in a funny cameo as well."

http://comicrelated.com/news/7733/a-review-of-scott-pilgrim

Jen

Jen,

Yesterday, Brian McQuery posted that he saw the film and confirmed that TJ does make a cameo in this movie. His post is in Comics & Film under Scott Pilgram, if you want to check that out. ;)

Here's another rumor that needs some light to be shed on it. :lol:

I've seen online, from at least 2 sources, that Tom has a cameo in this film, but I don't know if it's true.

Does anyone know the real deal?

Jen

Lady friend and I were both down in San Diego for Comic-Con. She went to the Scott Pilgrim screening while I was at the Raw Studios panel. She said Thomas Jane was in SP for a minute so I figured he was in a party scene or something. But no! It's a totally random and "what the f#ck?!" cameo with another recognizable actor. His exit is genuinely hilarious! No idea what the connection is but does make sense that he presented an award to the writer of the graphic novels at the Eisners then stayed on stage when the cast came out. Forgive me if this has been posted but it's just too funny:

Yes, it's true, Thommy's got a quick bit in the film.

S.P. book readers will love it but, notice minor deviations.

This film was so much fun. It has subtle and ka-pow humor (literally).

Highly recommended for S.P. readers, comic book fans, actors, musicians and video gamers.

I loved it (& laughed).

As for the opinions of the ending...

Anyone who has grown up from a complicated love life experience will empathatically understand.

Lady friend and I were both down in San Diego for Comic-Con. She went to the Scott Pilgrim screening while I was at the Raw Studios panel. She said Thomas Jane was in SP for a minute so I figured he was in a party scene or something. But no! It's a totally random and "what the f#ck?!" cameo with another recognizable actor. His exit is genuinely hilarious! No idea what the connection is but does make sense that he presented an award to the writer of the graphic novels at the Eisners then stayed on stage when the cast came out. Forgive me if this has been posted but it's just too funny:

Yeah, the exit is what makes the scene.

Wasn't it in slow motion too? I could swear that Jane and Collins say "yeah!" in slow motion voice.

Yeah, the exit is what makes the scene.

Was it in slow motion too, I could swear that Jane and Collins and say "yeah!" in slow motion voice.

I think you're right. So funny. Along with the Universal logo/theme in 8-bit, TJ's cameo was my favorite part of the flick.

Jen,

Yesterday, Brian McQuery posted that he saw the film and confirmed that TJ does make a cameo in this movie. His post is in Comics & Film under Scott Pilgram, if you want to check that out. ;)

Thanks for that info Aly. I tend to stick to the TJ section of the Forum here, mostly due to limited time, so I apologize if I post stuff that's located elsewhere on the Forum.

Jen

Review of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, with mention of Tom's cameo:

"Even throwaway cameo roles from Thomas Jane and Clifton Collins Jr. are incredibly funny. The story itself is strong, but it’s in how Wright presents it that takes the film from being good to very good to being a masterpiece."

http://movies.insidepulse.com/2010/08/14/s...e-world-review/

Jen

Review of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, with mention of Tom's cameo:

"Even throwaway cameo roles from Thomas Jane and Clifton Collins Jr. are incredibly funny. The story itself is strong, but it’s in how Wright presents it that takes the film from being good to very good to being a masterpiece."

http://movies.insidepulse.com/2010/08/14/s...e-world-review/

Jen

It's too bad this movie didn't find an audience. Then again, its audience is a very small demographic anyways. Now it can join the likes of Big Trouble In Little China and The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension as genre hybrid mash ups that were just too damn odd for mainstream. Ah well, at least we know how enjoyable it is.

Been so long, I had forgot Tom was in this. When it happened, I nearly cried. Hats off to Tom and Clifton on that one. Very funny stuff.