Tim Bradstreet

Alien Worlds

As some of you no doubt have heard by now, Mistah Jane and I have welcomed legendary writer/artist Bruce Jones into the fold and will be publishing the re-launch of Bruce's incredible Horror and Sci-Fi anthologies Alien Worlds and Twisted Tales! The official announcement of this mighty confluence of talent (hic!) hit the airwaves at SDCC-Comicon International last week during our RAW panel on Friday of the show.

Let me tell you a little of what we have in-store. Firstly, Bruce Jones is THE writer of both series' as it was in the original anthologies. ALL NEW stories. As for artwork, AW and TT will be an amalgam of the old guard and the new, a blending of the most talented illustrators in the business. We've already got a 9 page story from RICHARD CORBEN! WILLIAM STOUT is hard at work on his 9 page story! So yeah, the old guard is well represented so far (and we have more in discussions). Joining that legendary crew will be the best of the best of today's top talent. Guys like Rafa Garres, Danijel Zezelj, Sam Keith, James Daly (as you've never seen him), and even me! Yeah, fuck yeah, you bet yer ass I'm going to bust out my sequential mojo for an opportunity to work with Bruce freaking Jones!

Lemme give ya some more background - Check this article from Speech Balloons - The Birmingham Mail UK.

Read that and learn all you need to know about the glory days of AW and TT - and the days to come.

We are still working out format. For my money I want to release 2 books a year. One AW and one TT.

Each Volume would contain 3-4 issues worth of material with some illustrated prose to boot.

First release for each book would be a limited hardcover edition with a softcover edition to follow.

That'd be REAL NICE but right now that's just one option.

The one real dose of reality is that we probably will not release them as individual comics. Yep, todays market is a cocksucker so we're hoping to make a splash with the Graphic Album approach.

We'll see what happens.

We're still in the beginning stages, amassing art and assigning new stories. Right now there IS NO RELEASE DATE.

We'll get that ironed out soon though.

We'll be previewing art as soon as we can. Until then, stay tuned for more news.

- TB

AlienWorlds1BC.jpg

We are still working out format. For my money I want to release 2 books a year. One AW and one TT.

Each Volume would contain 3-4 issues worth of material with some illustrated prose to boot.

First release for each book would be a limited hardcover edition with a softcover edition to follow.

That'd be REAL NICE but right now that's just one option.

The one real dose of reality is that we probably will not release them as individual comics. Yep, todays market is a cocksucker so we're hoping to make a splash with the Graphic Album approach.

We'll see what happens.

We're still in the beginning stages, amassing art and assigning new stories. Right now there IS NO RELEASE DATE.

We'll get that ironed out soon though.

We'll be previewing art as soon as we can. Until then, stay tuned for more news.

- TB

AlienWorlds1BC.jpg

That to me seems like the best approach, like you mention up to 4 issues plus some prose stories, that's the best bang for your buck. I can't wait.

I think whatever you guys do is going to be amazing. Take your time with it. Enjoy doing the work. That's all that matters.

And as long as you offer us sneak peeks along the way, we won't rush the magic. ;)

Here's an article talking about the RAW Studios Panel and what was discussed:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27588

Tim, I pulled my copy of Alien Worlds in 3D and noticed that the glasses look a lot like the one's you designed for Bad Planet. Coinsidence, or did you plan it that way?

I never had the 3D issue of Alien Worlds!

Nope, any similarity is a complete coincidence.

I got a template from Ray and just started fucking with it ;)

- TB

Here's a scan:

3dGlasses1.jpg

It's not dead on, but it's a bit similar. Nice to know that they look like that and you had no idea what they looked like.

Here's a scan:

3dGlasses1.jpg

It's not dead on, but it's a bit similar. Nice to know that they look like that and you had no idea what they looked like.

I think all the 3D comics Eclipse published used the same template (there was a Miracleman one, too -- and I recall getting one or two others, possibly Mr. Monster) -- which was the manufacturer's template.

~R

Nothing to report yet but we will apprise you all when we get activity brewing.

As for Alien Worlds, we have more artists digging in and we'll soon have enough material to release something, so stay tuned for further updates ;)

- TB

Tim, I hope you don't mind me copying this over here from the main site, but I just had to say that this is totally awesome. Fantastic! If this is even a hint of what's in store with this book, I can't wait to see it.

AlienWorldsTBcoer.jpg

oh yeah baby. i hope TIM doesn't mind i threw this up the other day, just to test our new TYPEPAD.

now we'll be able to share with you guys all the cool art we have coming in for our new books!

check the COMICS section often for new shit.

I don't know why, but it took me a few minutes to realize those are bodies lying in the background.

Really looking forward to reading these as my comic buying habits have dried up recently.

I can not wait to see this series come out. That cover is jaw dropping. I'm going to read all my old copies of Alien Worlds tonight ;)

Is there a target date for Alien Worlds yet?

Nah, I don't mind folks gettin' a sneak peek.

That cover however IS unfinished.

That's my photo-rough. The sky is all but done but there is still some work to do in the mid-ground and the whole thing has yet to be illustrated and colored.

No date on release yet. We're still getting stories in from our artists and still assigning some. Soon though. We're aiming at sometime this calendar year.

- TB

I'm aiming at doing a story. Just have to see if I can fit it into my schedule.

If not for the first book, definitely the second.

I'll report here when we figure it out.

x - tb

Any splash pages?

This stuff looks fantastic!

I've always loved these books.

Guest AdminGuyX

That's some exciting imagery right there! I look forward to checking out some of this stuff in Aprl!

Any updates on Alien Worlds?

Been tracking down a few of the original issues to finish the collection. Don't know what I loved better, the stories or the art.

I just found out about the relaunched Alien Worlds, is this still happening? I absolutely loved the original, PC/Eclipse run! The gorgeous art from guys like Dave Stevens and Al Williamson was a tremendous influence on me. Are you looking at submissions at all? I would love to be involved in some way.

-Robert Hack

http://roberthackstudios.com

Aurora (and Unk) .....

rcvtpc.jpg

2pq8gom.jpg

Dave Stevens and Wally Wood .....

spvhw1.jpg

25hgx6r.jpg

14ybex2.jpg