sidewaysgaze

I Melt With You

Cool, I'm honestly most excited about the Twisted Tales TV show. There needs to be good horror anthology on TV again.

Tom's upstate shooting this now.

Got one of those phone calls earlier this week, like I wasn't busy enough - but it was an emergency.

So I tossed into MELT with some fun graphics that I'll share with you at a later date.

I gotta talk to Tom and see what I can and can't say about it.

We previewed this clip at SDCC - I Melt With You is our first official co-production at RAW.

- tb

Cool, so is there gonna be some cool animated RAW logo before the film.

Cool, so is there gonna be some cool animated RAW logo before the film.

Heheh, we don't have one yet ;)

Could be in the cards though.

I'd toss that at Tom this moment but he's in lock-down mode on the set.

The film is pretty dark as you could see from the little short Pellington threw together.

He's hard to reach when he's in a role this heavy, unless he needs something ;)

I will be inquiring about this though.

- tb

Oh, you guys need to have a nice animated logo. If not for this movie, have it for something down the line.

Tom's upstate shooting this now.

Got one of those phone calls earlier this week, like I wasn't busy enough - but it was an emergency.

So I tossed into MELT with some fun graphics that I'll share with you at a later date.

I gotta talk to Tom and see what I can and can't say about it.

We previewed this clip at SDCC - I Melt With You is our first official co-production at RAW.

- tb

That's very exciting! It's going to be a real treat to see the RAW touch added to this movie. B)

Firstly, apologies for being so absent from the boards recently.

I gotta write it off to the stupid-busy schedule I've had this month. No time for fun time on the net.

ONE of the things that has been keeping me tied to the desk is I Melt With You.

After designing a book jacket for the production last week I was invited to take a whack at the film's marketing, a poster for the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival.

I have to tell you it's been a VERY interesting experience. First of all, Mark Pellington, the film's co-writer, producer, and director is a pretty amazing guy.

LOVE his vision and LOVE his passion.

The screenplay by Mark and Glenn Porter is an amazing read. I was surprised at how closely my own realization of the visuals were to the actual real thing.

That's how good the script is, hard-core emotional and visual as hell.

These guys have been working ridiculously hard and have done a ton of work in a short amount of time.

Mark's working so breakneck he's actually got big chunks of the film cut together. I was fortunate to see about 20 minutes of footage, and yeah, it looks amazing.

Even ungraded it's fucking sweet. A lot of the footage is so gorgeous it already looks graded right out of the camera (they are using D5's).

Anyway, this first attempt on the poster has been some fun work. It's a first pass, specifically for Toronto.

Had no time but gave them something I think will serve the purpose.

When our hell schedules slow down just a tad Mark and I are going to shape, create, and perfect a searing image that fits this searing film.

You guys are gonna shit.

I'll show some stuff as soon as I get the nod from the other producers.

- TB

Hopefully, when it gets a distribution deal, they'll actually use your work this time. I can't wait to see what you cook up for this.

Firstly, apologies for being so absent from the boards recently.

I gotta write it off to the stupid-busy schedule I've had this month. No time for fun time on the net.

ONE of the things that has been keeping me tied to the desk is I Melt With You.

After designing a book jacket for the production last week I was invited to take a whack at the film's marketing, a poster for the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival.

I have to tell you it's been a VERY interesting experience. First of all, Mark Pellington, the film's co-writer, producer, and director is a pretty amazing guy.

LOVE his vision and LOVE his passion.

The screenplay by Mark and Glenn Porter is an amazing read. I was surprised at how closely my own realization of the of the visuals were to the actual real thing.

That's how good the script is, hard-core emotional and visual as hell.

These guys have been working ridiculously hard and have done a ton of work in a short amount of time.

Mark's working so breakneck he's actually got big chunks of the film cut together. I was fortunate to see about 20 minutes of footage, and yeah, it looks amazing.

Even ungraded it's fucking sweet. A lot of the footage is so gorgeous it already looks graded right out of the camera (they are using D5's).

Anyway, this first attempt on the poster has been some fun work. It's a first pass, specifically for Toronto.

Had no time but gave them something I think will serve the purpose.

When our hell schedules slow down just a tad Mark and I are going to shape, create, and perfect a searing image that fits this searing film.

You guys are gonna shit.

I'll show some stuff as soon as I get the nod from the other producers.

- TB

Congrats, Tim! I know how you love doing posters. B)

And Toronto? That's huge!

I can't wait to see what you guys have up your sleave. It's nice to see someone taking a chance on a small film. This is being made for 1 Million, right? Stuidos can not even start to think of spending this amount on promoting a film without laughing. The promo clip was amazing. Jaw dropping amazing, so you have that, plus you have Tim working on art (and more?). You got my money. This sounds like a film for folks who love film.

Can't wait to see Jane and Piven playing off each other. Too bad Entourage is coming too a end, fast. I hope they can pull Jane in for a quick cameo.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Carla Gugino also stars in the film

and here's an Interview with the screenwriter of I Melt With You:

"This five minutes promo teaser with Thomas Jane is quite dark and beautiful at the same time. “Decadent”, I would say. I understand this is also foretaste of atmosphere of the whole movie?

Yes. I mean, that was shot in Mark’s office. The movie will have these emotional sentiments, but seen on a larger canvas. Thomas Jane is a remarkable actor who is more than willing to take chances, and I think that teaser is a taste of where he goes in the film. The man is not afraid. The rest of the cast was killer as well. Rob and Jeremy, and Christian made the characters funny and sympathetic, and sad, and insanely alive."

http://opium.org.pl/2010/09/22/you-cant-ha...-melt-with-you/

Jen

Carla Gugini is awesome.

It's going to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival! :D

"The festival will take place Jan. 20-30, 2011 in Park City, Salt Lake City,

Ogden and Sundance, Utah."

and

"I Melt with You/Canada, U.S.A. (Director: Mark Pellington; Screenwriter: Glenn

Porter, based on the story by Glenn Porter and Mark Pellington) — Four friends

gather every year to celebrate their friendship. This year they are unexpectedly

forced to confront a forgotten promise they made 25 years earlier. As they

examine choices they've made, they realize that what they said they would do

with their lives and what they have done are entirely different. Cast: Thomas

Jane, Jeremy Piven, Rob Lowe, Christian McKay, Carla Gugino."

http://filmmakermagazine.com/news/2010/12/...n-slate-r\

evealed/

Jen

Sundance in Ogden: Festival releases films scheduled for Peery's Egyptian Theater

"I Melt with You" -- 9:30 p.m. Jan. 28. Four former college friends gather for a weekend each year to catch up with each other. But this time, fueled by sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, their reunion drives them to confront the personal choices they've made. Thomas Jane, Jeremy Piven, Rob Lowe, Christian McKay, Carla Gugino, Sasha Grey. Canada, USA."

http://www.standard.net/topics/entertainme...ys-egyptian-the

Jen

C'est si bon! It's so good! Those trailers are amazing. I do wish I could be at that screening next week!

There's going to be an awesome soundtrack for this film (or at least for the music used in the film).

"Director Mark Pellington pulls out all stops, with Talking Heads, Beasties, the Cure, Joan Jett..."

More info at:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/immaculate-noi...u2-clash-pixies

Jen