Lord Dubu

The Five Legendary Sisters of the Laughing Dokgebi

You're welcome! Happy to read that! :)

Awesome characters! I especially love the looks of The Trickster & The Albino. B)

Please keep us posted on your relaunch.

Will do. I need to just pick a KS date though... if I don't I'll procrastinate forever.

Will do. I need to just pick a KS date though... if I don't I'll procrastinate forever.

If you're starting it this year, I'd say launch it either next month or in September. October at the latest.

I only suggest these months because once November/December roll around, people are more focused on buying gifts/decorations/food for the holidays & might not be as inclined to donate money to a project, even one they really want to support. I could be wrong, though. ^_^

If you're starting it this year, I'd say launch it either next month or in September. October at the latest.

I only suggest these months because once November/December roll around, people are more focused on buying gifts/decorations/food for the holidays & might not be as inclined to donate money to a project, even one they really want to support. I could be wrong, though. ^_^

A good suggestion, and it kind of aligns with my experience on my Li'l Musa kickstarter last year: (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/433092860/lil-musa-miniature-and-minicomic). If it hadn't been for my parents and one crazily devoted friend throwing in last minute pledges to the collective tune of 1/3rd the goal, I'd probably not have funded.

If that's the case though I might launch the sisters reboot in the Spring, and do another miniature KS this year. I've got a pretty cool concept for a set of seven minis that I'm pretty excited about. But I'd have to model them, and I've never modeled for 3D printing before. I could have them hand sculpted, but that means more up-front cost.

I've been working on new reference sheets and updated character designs for the relaunch of the sisters. Choo's armor is now more directly inspired by classical Joseon era plate mail, still deliberately anachronistic, but at least within the context of what would have been likely/possible at the time. She's going to be taller after the re-launch as well. (she'll be a full 6'2" now). I'll be making a scale standee for each sister both as convention booth props and as terracotta soldiers to stand beside me as I write and draw.

choo066.png