Lord Dubu

The Five Legendary Sisters of the Laughing Dokgebi

Thanks again Doss.

Midnight... well the first issue is scheduled to release July 19 (SanDiego pre-event night).

Unfortunately I've got a minor set back in that I left a sketchbook on the train and despite having my email address in the sketchbook whomever found it has neglected to reach out to me to return it. I'm struggling with a bit of depression because of it and it's hard to motivate myself to draw... but I know I must.

maehyaengtats002.jpg

Time to get the tattoo reference maps done for each of the sisters. MaeHyang's name means Scent of Cherry Blossom... but I don't know if I want to be too on-the-nose with the tattoo pattern. I might work one up with cherry blossoms in it but for now these creepy skeletal wings are my gut instinct.

maehyaengexpressions001thro.jpg

Found this "25 Essential Facial Expressions" exercise chart and I thought it would be a decent exercise. So here's page 1 of 5.

This stuff is great. Looking forward to checking it out when it's done.

This stuff is great. Looking forward to checking it out when it's done.

Thanks Esco.

Here's a small update. I'm not at all happy with the background. I'm having issues with finding the right media to render the backgrounds with. The problem stems mainly from the fact that I need them to be rendered in warm and cool grays but no one seems to make decent pens for that. Brush tips sure... but that's why that looks like sh!t.

sol_wha_waist_up_001_s.jpg.

So I've started practicing my environment renders. This is the first that I've attempted in this style. Unfortunately it has issues. Mostly because the ink bled under my masking and I got so disheartened I rushed through the rest of my inking process.

While I like the looseness of it, it's too loose for professional work. I'll classify it as a decent study and a good exercise. But I'm going to stop short of calling it representative of the render method I'll use for panel work.

I've attached the photo I took at the Korean Folk Museum outside Seoul that I used for reference as well.

joseon_house_001.jpg

joseon_house_001ref.jpg

Wow... it's been quite a while since I updated this thread... but I feel like the launch of my very first Kickstarter is a good reason. I'm putting together a gaming miniature and mini-comic combo pack starring this L'il Musa character originally inspired by my daughter.

lilmusa020.png

Welcome back! That's awesome! Hope you reach your funding goal!

Feeling the need to get the sisters back up and running... I'm dusting the cobwebs off my rendering synapses... is that a terribly mixed metaphor? Anyway... I present "The Widow" start of my most recent Halloween Special and latest attempt to step up my light rendering game.

portrait__the_widow_by_dforrest-dcg18wv.

Damn fine piece of work.

Wow! She looks amazing! Love the emotion in her eyes.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! :D Hope you've been doing well.

Damn fine piece of work.

Thank you very much.

Wow! She looks amazing! Love the emotion in her eyes.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! :D Hope you've been doing well.

I have been. Or at least I'm doing better than I was for a while. Thanks so much.

So as I gear up for my relaunch, I've been getting in the mood by reacquainting myself with the titular protagonists of The Legendary Sisters of the Laughing Doggebi. I haven't picked a start date for the kickstarter just yet.

choo.png

The Woodcutter's Wife

dal.png

The Sword Collector

maej.png

The Trickster

ran.png

The Saint

sol_hwa.png

The Albino

Thank you very much.

I have been. Or at least I'm doing better than I was for a while. Thanks so much.

You're welcome! Happy to read that! :)

Awesome characters! I especially love the looks of The Trickster & The Albino. B)

Please keep us posted on your relaunch.