Anne Hathaway as Catwoman look revealed: http://screenrant.com/catwoman-costume-ann...ses-rob-126924/

More pics of Tom Hardy as Bane (which I enjoy more): http://www.totalfilm.com/news/new-set-pics...rk-knight-rises

Eh, it's still Anne Hathaway in skintight leather, so I'm not complaining.

This movie is either going to be amazing or an epic clusterfuck.

Christian Bale announces that The Dark Knight Rises will be his last Batman film:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/27/christian-bale-leaving-batman-whos-next_n_1114960.html

What do you think of their choices?

Yeah, Hathaway's voice can be irritating, but still :P . I like Bane's voice, I just wish I knew what he was saying. All I could really make out was "Ashes" , "Gotham", and "Die". I think Nolan might hate us, the fans. I still like what I see though, and is that Bruce with cane?

There was an interview with Nolan, and he said he's not going to re-dub the voice because you don't need to know every word he says, you just need to get the gist of it. I guess I can see where he's coming from as a person who has been working on the film for the better part of a year, but the point of buying the ticket and watching the film is so you can take it all in. If I waned the gist of it, I would read the synopsis when the film hits.

I don't nessicarily have a problem with the voice, just the fact that parts of the diolouge seems to get lost. Maybe they can find a way to tweek it rather than re-dub.

Film was great. Loved it. Hope Nolan has enough ideas left to do Bond if they ever let him near it.

I was a bit disappointed in it, but it was still a great movie. Maybe a bit too much dialogue for some people, but I enjoyed that aspect. I thought Bale actually knocked it out of the park with this performance as Bruce. The best he has been in this series.

If it wasn't for Bane, my opinion of it would be a lot lower.

I still enjoyed it though. Quick question, trying to figure out if it was just my screening or a real problem: Did anyone else have a hard time understanding anyone in the movie? Seemed like the music was WAY overpowering when people were trying to talk.

The question is.. who will be playing the next Batman and will the movie be in 2015 or later..

I really liked the film, but i don't think it's a masterpiece. All the actors do great work, but i think it could have used a 20-30 minute trim.

I really enjoyed it! I will admit I'm a Nolan fan. I compare these films all to the original Star Wars. Many people loved Empire or in this case TDK, but I enjoyed Return of the Jedi and TDKR a lot.

Yes it had it's flaws, but there is always top notch acting in these films.

I loved JGL and Anne Hathaway. She played a really good Catwoman. I always liked the version were she is more just a thief than anything. Overall it was a good film. I am thinking about seeing it again before it leaves the theaters.

Film was great. Loved it. Hope Nolan has enough ideas left to do Bond if they ever let him near it.

I'd love to see a Bond movie by Nolan.

I was a bit disappointed in it, but it was still a great movie. Maybe a bit too much dialogue for some people, but I enjoyed that aspect. I thought Bale actually knocked it out of the park with this performance as Bruce. The best he has been in this series.

Bale really did deliver his best Bruce. I’m just glad people aren’t still complaining about Batman’s deep voice. Or are they? His deep voice makes more sense than for him to talk normally. I'd like to think that the citizens of Gotham City are smarter than the ones living in Metropolis who can't tell Superman is Clark Kent without glasses. :blink: If Bruce used his regular voice as Batman, people would be able to know who he is, which defeats the purpose of wearing the mask.

If it wasn't for Bane, my opinion of it would be a lot lower.

I still enjoyed it though. Quick question, trying to figure out if it was just my screening or a real problem: Did anyone else have a hard time understanding anyone in the movie? Seemed like the music was WAY overpowering when people were trying to talk.

Not just your theater. The music did play loudly & drown out some of the dialogue.

The question is.. who will be playing the next Batman and will the movie be in 2015 or later..

In my mind, Christian Bale is the only Bruce Wayne/Batman. Unless Thomas Jane wants to step up and defend Gotham City or try to destroy it, I’m not interested in seeing “the next Batman.”

I really liked the film, but i don't think it's a masterpiece. All the actors do great work, but i think it could have used a 20-30 minute trim.

A long length suits the final chapter. However, for a movie with a running time of 2 hrs., 44 mins., I wish they had skipped the 20 minutes of trailers before the movie.

I really enjoyed it! I will admit I'm a Nolan fan. I compare these films all to the original Star Wars. Many people loved Empire or in this case TDK, but I enjoyed Return of the Jedi and TDKR a lot.

Yes it had it's flaws, but there is always top notch acting in these films.

I loved JGL and Anne Hathaway. She played a really good Catwoman. I always liked the version were she is more just a thief than anything. Overall it was a good film. I am thinking about seeing it again before it leaves the theaters.

I’m a mega Nolan fan. :D

Have a blast seeing it the second time around!

The Dark Knight Rises is the best movie of the year!!! It met all of my expectations and even managed to surpass some. Brilliant film, Christopher Nolan!

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE MOVIE (I TALK ABOUT TWISTS/TURNS & THE ENDING)

LAST CHANCE TO TURN BACK. ;)

And…here…we…GO!

My Review of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES:

Opening: Great introduction to Bane, a character I wasn’t even sure I wanted to see, again. Turns out, he’s an excellent villain. The plane crashing the other plane is a breathtaking sequence. From the get-go, I was on the edge of my seat.

BATMAN: Christian Bale masters the Caped Crusader, again. Outstanding performance! Bruce Wayne becomes a recluse after Batman disappears from Gotham City. No one makes the connection? Then, they're not paying as much attention to detail as I thought they would. It’s been 8 years since Batman took the fall for Harvey Dent’s killings, and Bruce has aged. He’s let his hair grow longer. He’s unshaven. He has a cane. A cane! But he’s still very handsome. Quite, distinguished. Plus, he cleans up rather nicely.

Christian Bale plays both Bruce Wayne & Batman divinely. Even when wearing his cowl, you can see the emotion in his eyes. His strength shows each time he fights an enemy without a gun. He takes a beating as much as he dishes out one. As strong as he is physically, he’s even stronger mentally. This is one of the reasons he’s my favorite hero and the person I’d want protecting my city.

He doesn’t give up willingly. His determination to reach freedom is astounding. I like how he didn’t escape during his first attempt. To see a man in excruciating pain make it on the first try wouldn’t have been believable even for Batman to do. Christian Bale rises up in his roles as both Bruce Wayne & The Dark Knight. It’d be a mistake to leave Bale’s name off of the Oscar ballot after his delivering of such a groundbreaking performance. In fact, if no actor in this film or the film itself receives a nomination, they might as well cancel the award ceremony altogether.

COMMISSIONER GORDON: Always love Gary Oldman! It’s a good thing he didn’t read his speech about Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart’s face pops up a lot for not physically being in the movie). Jim Gordon sure is good at keeping secrets. I was sad seeing the Commissioner in the hospital bed. But it didn’t take him too long to recuperate. He kept himself busy with the protection of Gotham being his top priority. He crashes big trucks and flips all over trucks. Considering his age, he moves really quickly. When he gets sent to death by exile and has to walk across the ice, I got nervous. Phew! He makes it.

Yay! He finally gets to know who Batman really is…after so many others already figured it out. All it took was remembering his putting his coat around the shoulders of a young Bruce Wayne, the only kid he must’ve ever done the kind gesture for, in an effort to console him. He does so much of the legwork that he deserves a title of being Batman’s official sidekick.

ALFRED: Michael Caine is terrific! Alfred’s been Bruce’s father figure since childhood and would love nothing more than to see Bruce move on from Gotham and start a new life with a family of his own. He tries to tell Bruce about the burned letter from Rachel, but Bruce refuses to believe it. In one of the most heartbreaking moments, Alfred says he’ll leave & Bruce says “Good-bye, Alfred.” That’s it? How can they leave it like that? Alfred is in tears (which brought me to tears), and Bruce doesn’t even hug him? Bruce wants to be Batman, again for himself & for the citizens of Gotham. Doesn’t Alfred deserve a vote? Of course, in the last movie, he didn’t want Bruce to give up Batman, so Alfred must’ve had a change of heart.

I love Alfred’s stories mainly because of Caine’s delivery of them. How old is Alfred, anyways? He’s been around for a long time and still looks good for his age. When he leaves Bruce, I wonder where he goes. His whole life (well, not yet) has revolved around the Wayne family. It’s a shame we never get to see Alfred develop a social & love life for himself.

LUCIUS FOX: Morgan Freeman’s Fox is the greatest. He’s always working on new gadgets and transportation for Batman. He even introduces The Bat "for old time's sake." Fox is a technical mastermind. He may not know all of Batman’s secrets, but he gets to be a major part of assisting the hero. When the flood starts, I thought of Freeman as God in Evan Almighty. “Flood’s comin’.”

BLAKE: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake is my favorite newbie. He’s smart. He knows Batman’s a good guy. He’s one of the few people in Gotham who is able to figure out Batman’s identity. In the moment when he kills two men, he’s shaken up a bit by it. He’s a cop, so the fact that killing someone in self-defense causes a stir for him goes to show he’s a good cop.

He even stands up to Jim Gordon & calls him out on his involvement in the Harvey Dent cover-up. Blake interacts with a lot of the great characters. When he’s working with Foley played by Matthew Modine, I feel sorry for him. I don’t like Foley. Stupid Foley wanted to go after Batman instead of Bane, & he‘s a coward. Though, with Foley, Blake proved he’s got a great sense of humor. “Do you think that was him?” :D

Blake also takes it upon himself to watch after the young boys whose housing shelter is low on money. He has a good head on his shoulders. I really enjoyed Joe’s scenes with Bale especially. It’s wonderful to see two child actors who made it big early on and still continue having success in their acting careers. When Joe was first cast, my first thought was maybe he’d be Robin. But then I found out he was playing someone else. When Batman tells Blake if he wants to keep doing this, he’ll need to wear a mask, I knew that he would definitely end up being Robin.

CATWOMAN: Surprisingly, I enjoyed Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She could hold her own against her male attackers. I like how her goggles form little cat ears when they’re perched on top of her head. She does have flaws. Stealing Bruce’s mother’s necklace proved her craftiness of being a cat burglar and her lack of any sympathy towards Bruce for the loss of his parents. She doesn’t even care that Bruce has a cane. She knocks him down anyway.

Batman saves her life, and she doesn’t feel as indebted towards him as much as she feels like he invaded her space & that she could’ve managed without him. She actually could’ve. She & Batman share the habit of suddenly leaving before the end of a conversation. “So, that’s what that feels like.” :lol: I thought she was going to cook up a prison break scheme, but she didn’t. Who knows? Maybe if she had stayed locked up long enough, she would’ve. Stealing from anyone is wrong, but her making a point to only steal from the rich instead of the poor does shine a brighter light on her character. She’s stealing from those who won’t miss the stolen goods (’cept for Billionaire Bruce who fits the poorer category). I didn’t like her betraying Batman & handing him over to Bane, but I guess their teaming up at that moment would’ve been too soon. At least, you could see her regretting the trickery. She made up for it by saving the police and Batman’s life near the end.

MIRANDA: Tricky character. I like Marion Cotillard in Public Enemies & Midnight in Paris, but I didn’t enjoy her as much as Miranda. For one, I don’t like the character, which may have something to do with my not liking her. Or maybe I would’ve liked the character better had someone else played her. I don’t know. It just seems out of all of the roles, hers is the most replaceable. I respect Nolan’s desire to work with the same people again and again, but perhaps he should’ve widened his search for such an integral character.

At first, I didn’t realize Miranda was going to be that important. I thought her only significance would be taking over Wayne Industries and stepping in as Bruce’s new love interest. Miranda transitions from being professional and businesslike at the office to kissing & sleeping with Bruce too quickly for my taste. Though, I can’t really blame her for wanting to be Bruce’s lover. ;) We never saw Rachel, the true love of Bruce’s life, & Bruce as intimate together. Bruce & Miranda lying together by the fire was unnecessary, except we got to see Miranda’s scar. After seeing the mark, I had a feeling she’d have dark secrets. I had no idea she’d turn out being the child who escaped prison and Ra’s Al Ghul’s daughter Talia Al Ghul. Shocker! Bane took care of her, but her father treated him like a monster. Why would she want to carry out her father’s work? This madwoman’s death is justified.

Speaking of Ra’s Al Ghul, Liam Neeson's return as the villain (sort of) appearing in Bruce’s prison cell only further motivates Bruce to keep fighting for Gotham. No way is he going to sit back as the (former) head of the League of Shadows destroys Gotham.

BANE: Tom Hardy is big. He’s HUGE. Every time Bane entered a scene, I kept staring at his muscular arms & how big he was compared to everyone else. I could understand what he was saying most of the time. There are only a few moments when I couldn’t decipher his words exactly; I‘d just get the basis of what he said. I love his voice. My favorite attire of his is his long & bulky brown coat; this look exudes a villainous power.

While he does unapologetically kill people and release criminals to take over the city’s police, he does have some qualities that don’t make him as bad as he wants the world to think he is. He even compliments a boy’s singing of the National Anthem and says “Thank you.” I know of decent people who don’t show appreciation whatsoever. That being said, there’s no justification to this madman’s acts.

When the football stadium collapses, that football player ran fast enough to outrun it. No wonder he was picked to play. ;) Then, we got to hear what Bane sounds like with the combination of his mask & a microphone. :huh:

Bane’s goal is to break Batman, which he literally accomplishes. Bane breaks Batman’s back -- Ouch! Good move of staying true to the comic book character.

Awww…Bane is a Talia’s protecter. So sweet. These crazy terrorists deserve each other. In a glimpse, we get to see Bane without his mask. Good-looking guy.

SCARECROW: He’s back -- Woohoo! Such a pleasant surprise to see Cillian Murphy reprise his role once again. There’s something about his Dr. Jonathan Crane that draws me in. Was that straw protruding from his suit? Not sure. He’s got a job to do, of course. Who else deserves to hold court to decide the fate of death or exile for people but the nutty psychopath who unleashes fear upon Gotham’s citizens?

THE BAT: Wow! This baby can soar! It glides eloquently around the city. I’d love a ride in it. Of course, I’d need Batman as my pilot. I still love the Tumbler & Batpod (cool tire move on that tight turn), but it’s breathtaking to see Batman really fly.

BIG BATTLE: Love, love, LOVE when the police officers charge towards the prisoners/Bane’s men. They’re all going to either succeed or die trying -- Inspiring. But the coolest shot of the epic battle is the fight between Batman vs. Bane. That’s right! The Dark Knight is fighting during daylight. Batman finally weakens Bane by going after his mask. Suddenly, Bane isn’t the big man. I just wish Batman had actually taken Bane down himself.

THE ENDING: Batman carries the nuclear bomb away from Gotham and…BOOM! Does he make it off The Bat!? Does he make it off The Bat!? A funeral is held for Bruce Wayne. Batman’s heroism leads to a statue being built to honor his legacy. It’s all sad, moving, but not really the end. Well, not the end for Bruce, anyway.

Miraculously, Batman survives the nuclear explosion! The closest people to Bruce/Batman know of his survival by his leaving various signs behind: fixed Bat signal for Gordon, new autopilot installed 6 months ago for Fox, instructions/directions to the Batcave for Blake. The most important sign of all is Alfred’s dream of spotting a new Bruce becoming a reality. Apparently, Bruce and Selina are getting their second chances. Not sure how long this relationship will last, but their content with each other at this present time. I love that Wayne Manor will house the young orphaned boys.

While there is no Batman for now, the man Bruce Wayne has become lives on. B)

To those whose eyes get this far in reading, thank you! I appreciate it.

The Dark Knight Rises isn’t better than The Dark Knight (still the best film), but the movie is worth watching. Definitely a must-see!

If you go see it, I hope you have a safe & joyous experience with your family/friends. There’s no way of understanding the tragedy that unfolded in Aurora, Colorado. I’m upset that a person would take it upon himself to act out what is meant for entertainment purposes only. It’s shattering that several lives were taken, many people were hurt, and others were effected by a horrendous act of violence staged at a movie theater. Seeing a movie in a theater is one of my most prized experiences, and it’s scary that safety is no longer ensured while enjoying an activity I hold dear. I can’t imagine (nor want to imagine) being in this awful situation and hope none of you ever find yourselves in one similar or worse.

I had been anticipating TDKR since it was announced. But as much as I wanted to see it, there was no way I would go to a midnight showing. Before this terrible incident, I actually thought about how I’d be worried to be in a theater at a late time surrounded by a crowd of strangers. I don’t even like sitting in a crowded theater during the day. I suggest they stop hosting midnight screenings.

There is a lot of violence in movies. I read that a trailer for Gangster Squad which originally appeared before TDKR was pulled, since it contains a scene of a theater-shooting. After this whole sick occurrence, I also found out that the scene is going to be cut from the movie, as well.

My thoughts & prayers are with the victims & the victims’ families at this heartbreaking time.

Best scene is the first fight between Bane and Batman in the sewers. Batman got his shit *wrecked* and it was glorious. Don't get me wrong, I like Batman a lot, but I'm tired of seeing him win so easily all the time. It was good to see him taste defeat.

Saw it last night...loved it! It was brilliant as the other two... These 3 are the best Batman movies out there.

Looking forward to Batman and Robin...

For it being a l-o-n-g movie...it kept me on my toes.

Best scene is the first fight between Bane and Batman in the sewers. Batman got his shit *wrecked* and it was glorious. Don't get me wrong, I like Batman a lot, but I'm tired of seeing him win so easily all the time. It was good to see him taste defeat.

The Batman vs. Bane sewer fight is really great. It’s definitely better to see both guys have a hard time beating the other.

Saw it last night...loved it! It was brilliant as the other two... These 3 are the best Batman movies out there.

Looking forward to Batman and Robin...

For it being a l-o-n-g movie...it kept me on my toes.

Christopher Nolan gave us the Batman we all deserved. :D

Christian Bale is my hero!!! :wub:

Christian Bale Visits Aurora Shooting Victims http://www.people.co...0614561,00.html -- this is an excellent example of a star going the extra mile.

I was happy to see him do that. Ever since his tirade on the sound guy, I always thought he might be a dick. But this provided me wrong. That is pretty awesome he went out there.