I don't know the title of the new Batman movie, but as of now, the release date is set for July 20, 2012. The script hasn't even been written, and there's already a release date!? Why does Hollywood work backwards?

Anywho, I thought we might as well start talking about the upcoming film now. The main question is what villians will we be seeing?

The Joker won't be returning. It would've been odd to have a replacement.

Today, I read that Joseph Gordon-Levitt may play The Riddler. I've always felt that Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger remind me of each other. I love Gordon-Levitt, and I think he'd be an interesting choice.

Who else would be good?

Nolan has been making some good choices with the new Batman films, so I'll follow his lead. The only thing I don't really care for is the use of villians we've already seen. Joker was obvious, he is Batman's nemisis, but Riddler? Bring in some new villians, Chris.

I would like to see Two face, since he was slightly under used in the last one.

The problem with Batman's villains is that most of them are freaks, like Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Bane, killer croc. I would love to see all of them done Justice, but they just wouldn't fit in properly to this universe.

I have faith in Nolan to give us one hell of a final Batman film. I can't wait to see what he has in store for Superman.

The problem with new villains is that they don't play to the masses. People who haven't even read a Batman comic know who The Penguin, Catwoman and The Riddler are. I think he already did an amazing thing by using Ras in the first film with a very secondary Scarecrow. He's earned the right to do The Riddler. I still like Pearce over Levitt though, but I'd watch Levitt in the role. He was awesome in "Killshot".

I would like to see Two face, since he was slightly under used in the last one.

The problem with Batman's villains is that most of them are freaks, like Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Bane, killer croc. I would love to see all of them done Justice, but they just wouldn't fit in properly to this universe.

I have faith in Nolan to give us one hell of a final Batman film. I can't wait to see what he has in store for Superman.

Two-Face is dead.

Nolan has already said no to Freeze, so you could pretty much guarantee that the more bombastic villains won't show up, as long as Nolan is doing the movies. I mentioned Calender Man jokingly, but since Nolan et all have already taken elements from the Long Halloween story, they could use him as he was portrayed in that story, which is more in line with Nolan's sensibilities. But I would personally like him to go a little weirder with it, which why I want Arnold Wesker and Scarface to be in it.

Guest AdminGuyX

I can see Nolan taking the riddler and going very dark, like "seven" dark, and turning the character into an elusive shut in who kills with a grand scheme in mind. Could be very creepy.

I want Solomon Grundy in a movie....dammit.

Dead? A comic book character from DC, dead? Does that really mean anything? :)

Nolan, Eckhart and few others working on the films have stated so. Two-Face died in The Dark Knight.

I want Solomon Grundy in a movie....dammit.

He's being saved for Green Lantern. I mean he's partially made of wood, and that is one of the Green Lantern's weaknesses.

Of course, Nolan will adapt the new characters that come in, so that they fit in the world of BB and TDK.

I would like to see The Riddler as main villain, Roman Sionis/Black Mask as new crime boss and Catwoman as a side-villain/love interest. Maybe Alfred could die, that would make it even harder for Bruce. At the end, Batman should be redeemed in the eyes of the public.

Guest AdminGuyX

My guess is that this story will be all about redeeming Batman in the eyes of Gotham City, whoever the villain is. It's what the last film setup. I figured they'd follow up on that as long as Nolan returned as director. I hope so anyway. :)

I want The Riddler to be the main villian, and I know Nolan will make him different than what we've already seen. I wonder if he'll have orange hair.

And I wish Phillip Seymour Hoffman was playing The Penguin, but I guess he shot down those rumors. Now, I don't even know if we will see The Penguin or who would be good to play him.

I would love to see new villians taken on. I'm not very familar with all of the minor villians for Batman, but I would still enjoy watching them in a movie.

What about Hush as the main villain. It would be good to see a new equal to "the Bat" who manipulates allies and enemies alike...

I know this won't happen. And I know it's a crazy idea. Why not have Edward Norton in the next BATMAN? He would make such a great villian.

I know this won't happen. And I know it's a crazy idea. Why not have Edward Norton in the next BATMAN? He would make such a great villian.

Get out of my head!

wow BatMan3 sounds great. :) i really liked the last two films.

Noo! Won't that mean his face is covered?

Hopefully. I'm tired of idiots taking on the roles of masked heroes/villains and still having their damn mug all over the screen. Spiderman 3 is a perfect example. Venom and Green Goblin were just HORRIBLE with it.