Sign in to follow this  
Rosella

Tom Cruise @ MTV Movie Awards

I really enjoyed seeing Tom Cruise's performance as Les Grossman. It did feel sort of random. Cruise is crazy.

Here's the clip:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/06/tom-cru...movie-awards%2F

Who here wants to see a Les Grossman movie?

I don't know if the character could sustain a whole film on his own but I'd still be first in line to see it. He's awesome. I had a feeling his appearance at the MTV awards was just Cruise's way of seeing if people still liked the character.

It's all over the net now, Paramount is going ahead with a Les Grossman pic. I love him in small doses and not sure he can keep "the magic" for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but I'm still excited to see what they come up with. Hopfully they get some of the Tropic Thunder alumni to come back.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm not a big Cruise fan. In fact I generally dislike his work, a lot. This character was not my favorite part of Tropic Thunder, but I know a lot of people think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread to see Cruise like this. I found it pretty vile and annoying, truth be told.

I think a 2 hour movie based on the character will turn a lot of people toward your viewpoint Noeland. I mean, Tom Cruise dancing in a fat suit and a bald apparatus...well...it's a shot lived bit of comedy.

I've gone back and forth about liking Tom Cruise. But I have to admit, I enjoy seeing him as Les Grossman, because it's different for him. I don't think too many actors do that--what's it called--ah, yes..............acting. Perform as new characters. Even watching Tom Cruise in his other films, I know I'm watching Tom Cruise. It's nice to see him actually play a character. A person who makes me forget about the actor.

Does anyone understand what I'm even talking about? I don't know if I'm coming off as confusing.

For example, I liked Cruise's character in Collateral. Why? Again, it was a different side of him.

And when Tropic Thunder came out, I loved seeing Cruise pull that off. It was great seeing someone like Tom Cruise play a small role. I can't really say I'm excited about a full-length film. But that's because I don't know the plot and haven't seen a trailer, yet.

So for right now, I'm not thrilled for a Les Grossman movie enough to jump up and down on a sofa. ;)

Most of the time, I can't stand him, but I did find Les to be amusing. And Collateral is one of my favorite movies because of his character, but I don't think a full movie with him would be that good. Why don't they just make Tropic Thunder 2?