Sign in to follow this  
Guest AdminGuyX

Ronnie James Dio passes away

Guest AdminGuyX

DIO. He passed away yesterday. Heavy metal music has lost a unique voice, but more importantly the world has lost a good man.

This is a quick little snippet just to show what a cool guy he was. This clip always makes me chuckle. I always enjoyed his music, though now days it's a guilty pleasure. My wife makes fun of me for listening to Dio. But I don't care! :)

Heaven and Hell. Love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJH7y1yK_E

DIO. He passed away yesterday. Heavy metal music has lost a unique voice, but more importantly the world has lost a good man.

This is a quick little snippet just to show what a cool guy he was. This clip always makes me chuckle. I always enjoyed his music, though now days it's a guilty pleasure. My wife makes fun of me for listening to Dio. But I don't care! :)

Heaven and Hell. Love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJH7y1yK_E

Damn, I didn't know Dio had passed until I read this post. Holy Diver is on my top 10 best metal songs of all time. I am truely stuned by this...what happened?

Guest AdminGuyX

He'd been fighting stomach cancer for a year or so. Last I'd heard on "That Metal Show" and some online sources he was doing well and getting better.

I was listening to Rainbow in the Dark today when suddenly the window shade here in my office pulled itself up. Scared the ever loving CRAP outta' me. It was like a freakin' movie. We've been in this house over a year, and that's never happened before. So I spent a little bit of time after it happened with the chills, the creeps.

It was awesome.

:)

I love Rainbow in the Dark and Last in Line.

Apparently Dio didn't like RitD that much, too pop for him, but it grew on him later, thank goodness.

I've had it on my MySpace music list for awhile now and actually forgot that it has been my profile song too.

It just really takes me back ...

RIP DIO ...

He'd been fighting stomach cancer for a year or so. Last I'd heard on "That Metal Show" and some online sources he was doing well and getting better.

I was listening to Rainbow in the Dark today when suddenly the window shade here in my office pulled itself up. Scared the ever loving CRAP outta' me. It was like a freakin' movie. We've been in this house over a year, and that's never happened before. So I spent a little bit of time after it happened with the chills, the creeps.

It was awesome.

:)

Really Noeland? I woulda jumped up and got outta there like a bat outta hell! LOL

A sad day for all who enjoyed him! An Iconic man and voice in rock will not be forgotten...he will live on thru his music!

Yeah, it sucks. The man was 67 and still had the pipes like he was in his 20s, which you can't say of most singers in the rock/metal genre.

I was way into Dio in the 80's. Loved the Album's Mob Rules, Heaven and Hell, and Live eviL - and the RJD Sabbath stuff it got me into one of Dio's other band's, Rainbow, with Ritchie Blackmore.

Holy Diver was in heavy rotation until I got into band's like Monster Magnet and Helmet.

I've revisited most of those 80's musical loves recently (some I've never stopped listening to), but I never got back into Dio.

Still, he was a metal demi-God, a frontman with the magical voice for METAL. I spent a lot of days and nights listening to RJD.

Loved going to the midnight flicks when I was in high school and seeing the concert film, Black and Blue, with Dio fronting Sabbath along with some classic Blue Oyster Cult.

Looks like I'm gonna have to dig out some of my old vinyl for an RJD showdown!

We love ya Ronnie!

- tb

Like a Rainbow in the Dark

........RIP Holy Diver.........

\m/...........................\m/

I saw Dio with Heaven and Hell like a month before he announced he was sick. He was still great. Great performer and his voice was in great shape for a guy, who I thought was maybe 55, but 67!? Wow. I grew up on those Sabbath albums, Sabbath with Dio was my Sabbath and I could still not care less about the Ozzy (Minus Sabbath Bloody Sabbath) era.

Around Holy Diver I got into his stuff with Rainbow and man, that stuff is amazing. I think his work with Rainbow and Sabbath hold up much better than his solo stuff but without a doubt his solo material is littered with gems as well.

I just listened to his live disc Inferno which really collects alot of the great solo stuff and mixes it with Sabbath and Rainbow stuff (Mistreated/ Catch the Rainbow, Man on Silver Mountain, Long Live Rock N Roll). Tracy G isn't the guitarist Iommi and Blackmore are but he does a respectable job.

That Black n Blue tour that was HUGE. I'd love to see that film.

Frazetta, then Dio. It's been a shit month for me.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest Dio's Memorial service on Sunday in LA. Unbelievable!!

Read here

Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest Dio's Memorial service on Sunday in LA. Unbelievable!!

Read here

Shit, all they need is the white hoods and they'd be a perfect fit for an simular white hate group.

White hate groups sicken me. These people sicken me.

Ha! I think Dio would be laughing his ass off at this shit. Let them protest, the music will keep him alive in his fan's hearts forever.