Sign in to follow this  
joakley

The Horseman

site-bg.jpg

Haven't seen anything about this film on here so i thought i would bring it up. It came out a couple of weeks ago here in the UK and is one of the best revenge films i have ever seen. While it follows the basic formula of every revenge film it's a lot more gritty than most and has some very realistic brutal violence. But what makes the film work is strong performances by unknown actors and a very professional final product from a first time director/writer with only a $80,000 budget. If you get the chance see to see this give it a try.

I was just about to make a thread for this after seeing the trailer. It looks pretty good, and I hope it hits the states pretty soon.

Watched this last night. Above average revenge flick and I would say that rather than being too short it doesn't outstay its welcome. I like horror films, but I find long and drawn out scenes of gore really boring and the recent trend of "more elaborate + more bloody = better" has left me cold. I appreciated that the director tried to keep this at least semi-realistic.

Also, the film would have fallen over without a solid central performance and that was certainly not the case as the lead actor nailed it.