Sign in to follow this  
irish46

JUSTIFIED

I didn't get the chance to watch the new series on FX, Justified, I did DVR it and just finished watching it. Awesome show, this is a winner...and it was cool to see TO in the cowboy hat again. Loved episode one, can't wait for more!

I watched this too. I was pretty surprised. Good Elmore Leonard adaptations are hard to come by, but I liked this one. I was pretty faithful to the short story, and I'm really looking forward to seeing new episodes.

With you on TO Andy. I've been missing Deadwood for some time.

Watched it. Liked it. I've only seen TO in a couple of things before this, but thought he was good in the part. Looking forward to seeing more.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'd been looking forward to this show since it was called "Lawman", which they changed after Seagal's reality show hit A&E first.

I thought it was damn good. I have a couple favorite shows ending this year, so it's nice to have a potential new favorite show to replace them.

I was a huge Deadwood fan too. :)

Man, most of you folks here at RAW are way ahead of me on this stuff. I wasn't even aware of the show until I saw a spot for it last week. I was therefore totally unaware that they were calling it LAWMAN, that title would work for me, because it suggest "WESTERN" which would probably chase most other folks away. After seeing episode one, the name JUSTIFIED is perfect. I couldn't live with Lawman after viewing a few episodes of the Steven Segal show....uuuuugggh.

Guest AdminGuyX

I have to admit, I watch Segal's show and I laugh my ass off. There is something so absurd and silly about it, I can't help myself.

Justified, oddly enough, feels more real than lawman ever could!

:)

I think Tim Olyphant is one interesting actor - apparently also from Modesto like recent Oscar nom, Jeremy Renner ...

Anyway, I love his work

- and -

I love Steven Seagal, Lawman (sounds a bit like Walker, Texas Ranger, no?)

Forgive me for the seeming contradiction but I have recently re-embraced my 80s action guys and have garnered a new found respect for Seagal as the lifelong zenmaster and do-gooder.

But I digress from Justified ... and while I meander, should also say that I love your new handle Noeland, yee Fighter of Spambots! ;)

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, if you haven't seen the season finale yet, GO WATCH IT. It was a great season finale. I've watched it 3 friggin' times now just for the build up to the end, which is the best part of the episode.

I really enjoyed the whole season, and I can't wait until it comes back on the air.

This show has been absolutely fantastic. Been trying to turn all my friends onto it.

Glad you guys are digging it too!

Trying to talk TJ into re-teaming with Olyphant for an upcoming project.

Wouldn't that be cool?

- tb

TJ and TO would be awesome together. DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!

This is a great show, it's got the Elmore Leonard voice down pretty damn well. Walton Goggins was just great, he's been one of my favorite actors since The Shield. It's awesome that he's been upgraded to regular for season 2.

Enjoyed season one but really enjoyed the hell out last nights season two opener. Very cool.

Finally caught the opener and really enjoyed it. There are a few interviews online with Elmore Leonard talking about how much he's enjoyed the series and how faithful it is to his tone and style - to the point where it's encouraging him to write more Raylan Givens stories himself, that is high praise!

One of the things I enjoy most about the show is the pacing, which - and I say this from no experience - seems to reflect the pace of life in the South vs the manic pace of shows set in NY.

Is Kentucky even part of the South? This Aussie's getting out of his depth!

The only thing Leonard doesn't like about the show is the hat apparently. He's been telling Olyphant to stop wearing it so much in the show. Also, I read that Leonard actually has a new Raylan story coming out this year I think (hopefully). It apparently serves as a bit of inspiration for a storyline this season.

Finally caught the opener and really enjoyed it. There are a few interviews online with Elmore Leonard talking about how much he's enjoyed the series and how faithful it is to his tone and style - to the point where it's encouraging him to write more Raylan Givens stories himself, that is high praise!

One of the things I enjoy most about the show is the pacing, which - and I say this from no experience - seems to reflect the pace of life in the South vs the manic pace of shows set in NY.

Is Kentucky even part of the South? This Aussie's getting out of his depth!

Kentucky is indeed part of the south...and from my years of experience working there, they NAIL it in the show.

Kentucky is indeed part of the south...and from my years of experience working there, they NAIL it in the show.

Yeah, they did a pretty good job of making Los Angeles look like the south.

They had an episode last season called Hatless or something didn't they?

They had an episode last season called Hatless or something didn't they?

Yeah, two assholes at a bar stole Raylan's hat after a fight.

There's always those two assholes in a bar. I hate those guys. Especially when I'm one of those guys.

Guest AdminGuyX

Good episode this week. This has become my favorite show. The line about the apricot. Loved it.

Good episode this week. This has become my favorite show. The line about the apricot. Loved it.

Yeah, and it was nice twist not having Raylan shoot the guy. I hope they do more with that ex-sniper Marshall, he's becoming one of my favorites on the show.

Yeah, and it was nice twist not having Raylan shoot the guy. I hope they do more with that ex-sniper Marshall, he's becoming one of my favorites on the show.

I didn't like the end of the episode only because the shooting scene was _so_ close to a scene in the recent-ish Miami Vice movie. It's a scene that stood out for me in the film - obviously it stood out for the Justified writers too cause I think it was just too close to be coincidence. They don't mention an apricot (as far as I recall), but it's very similar discussion and the perp similarily gets shot mid-word in the following few seconds.

I tried to find a clip of it for those who haven't seen it, but all I could find was a YouTube video of someone discussing it under the title "Miami Vice Best Scene". :)