Sign in to follow this  
sidewaysgaze

Tom in Men's Fitness magazine

Tom's going to be in a future issue of Men's Fitness magazine. Here's what he says about it: "I’m doing a photo shoot for Men’s Fitness next week. Should be good."

Oh, it will definitely be good... ;)

Jen

This is a must-have. Do you know if he'll be on the cover?

That sounds like something to look forward to. :P

I was just perusing Ebay and saw that the mag is out with Tom on the cover looking amazing!! :D

It's the June/July 2010 issue of Men's Fitness magazine. I hope it's in stores right now!

Here's the link to the Ebay listing, with a large photo of the gorgeous cover shot of Tom. I wonder what goodness lies inside...:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THOMAS-JANE-MENS-FITNE...=item5ad9423939

Jen

It is out, I just picked it up. Good artical, wish it was a bit longer. I got a laugh when they mentioned DC Comics The Punisher.

It is out, I just picked it up. Good artical, wish it was a bit longer. I got a laugh when they mentioned DC Comics The Punisher.

Cool, glad to know it's out! I wasn't sure because someone emailed me, mentioned that they looked at a few stores and the old mag was on the shelf, and that the person selling on Ebay had a subscription, so they'd be getting the mag earlier than newstands.

Jen

JWeber was right, the article should have been a bit longer but it was a good one. Although, don't ya think that when someone writes an article that they should at least do their homework and get the facts straight? I mean, c'mon now...The Punisher in DC Comics? WOW!

He does look amazing in the photos!

-Aly

A-MEN!! Day-um! There oughta be a law against looking that good! Can't wait to get my hands on that one!

Looks like he's gettin his Castle physique correct. And I am officially offended that they fuckin said DC's the Punisher..... no offense to those of you who are, but I don't like or read DC Comics. I liked the first two Superman films and Keaton as Batman but thats the extent of it.

I'll be sure to do one of these issues if I make my way to the top of the film/tv industry!

A-MEN!! Day-um! There oughta be a law against looking that good! Can't wait to get my hands on that one!

Neither can I - and the magazine too! :lol:

Just picked it up today! Good article on him.

Here's a li'l something for the ladies.

th_55639_scan0004_122_506lo.jpgth_55647_scan0005_122_507lo.jpgth_55655_scan0006_122_75lo.jpgth_55661_scan0007_122_425lo.jpgth_55668_scan0008_122_162lo.jpgth_55675_scan0010_122_428lo.jpgth_55681_scan0012_122_447lo.jpg

Drool. :P

All I can say is his wife is one smart cookie. :)

And a damn lucky woman! ;)

I bought it!

Great cover. Love the picutures. I love how he's shirtless in most of them. :D

I wish the article was longer, though.

If you love Tom (and who doesn't on here), then you gotta pick it up.

If you like that, you'll love this. Men's Fitness has posted a video of the photo shoot for this article, and it's HOT!

http://www.mensfitness.com/bcvideo/?bcpid=...tid=82989193001

*sigh*...

Thanks for that Mediumfan. Was just going to post that link. I so wish that the Men's Fitness article was longer and included more pix from that hot (in more ways than one) photoshoot! B)

Jen

If you like that, you'll love this. Men's Fitness has posted a video of the photo shoot for this article, and it's HOT!

http://www.mensfitness.com/bcvideo/?bcpid=...tid=82989193001

Yes, that is very, very hot. I love it! I can't name too many better things than watching Tom work out. ;)

Thanks for the treat!

The internet is buzzing about Tom's interview for Men's Fitness, even though there are some things he has said before, like his "size" and sleeping on park benches at the start of his career. It's wild how one lil quote can just blow up and zoom around on all the celeb gossip sites! Still, at least he's getting noticed, so maybe even more peeps will find out about him!

Just a small sample of what's out there for coverage on Tom right now:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/05/12/sh...-fitness-cover/

and

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/201...ens-health.html

and the one that rpace just posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/12/t...a_n_573090.html

Jen

This was almost as good as the Men's Health article all those years ago around the time of the Punisher. Would really like to see Tom back on the big screen. Kicking peoples ass'.

I've been working out with a kettlebell for about 18 months now and had done a few of the exercises listed in the article before, but after reading it added Turkish Get-Ups, Single Leg Deadlifts, and the KB high squat pull-to-press to my workout. Those exercises kick major ass and, as you can see, can help create good size and great definition.

His workout is among the best ever covered in a Fitness magazine - and I would know, I subscribe to basically all of them. A fast, effective circuit. So if you guys are done marveling at Tom's abs and want to cut your own, do as he does.

;)

Oh and speaking of the Punisher, Kevin Feige of Marvel Entertainment stated at Comic Con that Marvel now owns the rights to the character, meaning Lionsgate is out and all creative decisions rest with Marvel. That's a good thing. An even better thing would be them sending a call out to Tom...

For a while I was doing his diet and exercise program from when he was training to be Frank Castle. He did two a day workouts in the gym....I only went once a day. However the diet, is the most rigorous and boring diet I've ever done. It fucks with your stomach and you get headaches from the diet consisting mostly of liquids....the workout was great though. I weighed 205 at around 18-20% body fat in January and I did the diet and workout plan (with slight modifications) for around 3-4 months and now I weigh around 175-180 at around 13% body fat. This is the strongest I've even been my whole life as well. I've reached many strength milestones with his workout. The only downside is, I want to be around 200 pounds...but 200 pounds the right way at around 8-10% body fat.

It's toughhhh. I started really committing to the workout routines after I got myself an agent and he took my measurements. I felt embarrassed and shitty. My waist was a size 38 and I had love handles like a mother fucker.... I still got the love handles a little. I had to kick it in gear and shot down to a size 34 waist.... I can actually wear a 32 but then it would be SUPER tight around my legs and ass (nice image right?). But I don't like the lifestyle of strict diet and exercise. It's hard. You can't slack. It is what it is.....

I like what Jane's new workout consists of. It's not about size and power, it's about good maintenance. When I was a personal trainer, I used to do some of these kettle bell workouts with my clients. It's also great for core and body balance. The kettle bell is the most disciplinary object in exercise science in my opinion. Men's Health magazine is something I hope to be a part of if I become a successful actor in this business.

-Raf

Everybody's bodies are different, diets can be tricky. That diet nearly killed me. I had to bag it as well.

But the workouts are fun to follow. The Turkish get up is awesome. Awkward as hell at first but after a while the body figures it out.

Another great core workout and maintenance oriented workout is the Burn With Kearns workout. When I'm in a rush I throw that on. It's got Iceskaters and some of the kettlebell stuff in there.

Feige calling Tom would seem like a NO Brainer. Let's hope. Put the Punisher in Raw's lap.

Yes Rob here you go buddy.....

Here's the diet:

http://www.menshealth.com/men/nutrition/fo...bbd2010cfe793cd

and here's the workout:

http://www.menshealth.com/men/fitness/musc...bbd2010cfe793cd

-Raf