sidewaysgaze

Tom at Famous Monsters Convention

Noeland

I wont be making it to this one, but I look forward to running into you at another show.

Enjoy,

Mike

I'm jealous. I'm thinkin about taking a trip Saturday morning to the show and drive back in time for work! Tim I'm due to see you again big brother. And then I can bother Jane meanwhile. If I get the time to do this!

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND I just realized that Indianaolis is 5+ hours away from where I live. FUCKIN A! It only takes about 2 hours to get into Indiana itself. Was thinkin Indianapolis was around that same distance. I gotta get out more dammit!

Tim and Tom - Get your asses to Detroit. I know Jane is filming HUNG here but I don't have a way of seein the fella unless i submit for extra work in the show but that's a waiting came for a call. I just wanna hang with you lads

-Raf

I can confirm positively that Tom and I will BOTH be at the Famous Monsters Of Filmland show.

We will both be there on Friday, so no worries Aly ;)

We'll be there all weekend.

We're just trying to coordinate wether or not we'll be together in a booth space or separated - Me in artist alley and Tom in some kind of media section.

That is a last resort. We PLAN on having a booth space together.

It won't be the nifty set-up, RAW banner, T's on display kind of booth set-up we do for more local shows, but a BOOTH it should be.

Tom never brings pics to sign but I'll have plenty of giclees featuring Tom's rugged mug on hand.

There you have it!

More on this soon.

- TB

Tim, it's so great to hear confirmation from you! Now, I know I'll be going. I just hope I get a chance to chat with you and Tom. It would be one of the greatest days of my life--a moment I would forever cherish.

I'll most likely be going on Sunday. So, if you two need any help cleaning up at the end of the show, feel free to put me to work, Bradstreet. I'm the right person for the job. :)

I think you can order the books from the RAW store. If you can't find what you're looking for or the store doesn't work for you, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Mike

I appreciate your concern, Mike. But I have become pretty reluctant to ordering items online. I feel so much more comfortable when I buy something myself in person. Then, there's no risk of not receiving it.

I don't know what time the show shuts down but I get off duty sunday @ 3:30pm (that would be 2:30 Indy time) and I'm hitting the road back home from Iowa immediately after! I should be rollin' into town around 10 (probably still in uniform) so I can lend a hand packin' up shop as well...I'd love to help out in any way if they'd like! HA! me comin' to shut down shop for RAW in full ABU's! That'll be a site! LOL :P

Is Dark Country going to be in 3D for the screening? And does anyone happen to know what day the screening is?

Is Dark Country going to be in 3D for the screening? And does anyone happen to know what day the screening is?

IFC,

RAW is still working on those very details. We'll post as soon as we know.

Mike

IFC,

RAW is still working on those very details. We'll post as soon as we know.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate it.

I was sent the schedule today:

http://www.famousmonstersconvention.com/events/schedule/

Here's the Thomas Jane thread at the Forum for Famous Monsters of Filmland:

http://famousmonstersoffilmlandforum.com/i....php?topic=74.0

Jen

I started that thread, Jen. :lol:

I was surprised no one else on that site did. I needed another place to get answers, but those people don't have all the details, yet.

I started that thread, Jen. :lol:

I was surprised no one else on that site did. I needed another place to get answers, but those people don't have all the details, yet.

Kewl! :D

Well, I finally ordered my tickets. I'll be going on Sunday.

I can't wait to see you there, Tom and Tim! :D

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I hope you both are able to come.

So, make sure to stay safe and healthy, guys. ;)

I hope you two don't have any family/work emergencies. (Not that I ever want you to have those)

Maybe I'll see other fellow RAW members, as well. But so far, it doesn't look like too many of us will be able to attend.

Again, I'd be honored to help out at the RAW booth. To have that kind of opportunity. Words can't even describe what a privilege that experience would be for me.

This will be my first convention, and I'm hoping it will be one I'll always remember. :)

Thomas Jane was one of the main reasons I chose to attend FMC. There were rumors that he wouldn't be able to attend due to scheduling conflicts but I'm really glad to hear official confirmation on his forum!

I am so excited about this convention!!!

It seems that everytime I turn around, a new guest gets added. But some have also pulled out of it.

As long as both Tom and Tim show up, I'll be happy. :D

Okay sooooooo I am unable to attend this even for 2 reasons.....actually 3.

1. I'm brokeeeeeee

2. I haven an audition an hour and a half away for a Super Hero film..... nothing big, just indie stuff but something fun if I get it and it's for a lead role.

3. I have to save my money because I'm switching from Verizon to Sprint and putting everyone's lines under my name and have to dish out about 600+ dollars for all new phones and such. BLOWS

So yeah anyone going, Indie, Aly, Noeland..... have a GREAT time. Be safe and give Tim and Tom a kiss for me!

-Raf

1. I'm brokeeeeeee

2. I haven an audition an hour and a half away for a Super Hero film..... nothing big, just indie stuff but something fun if I get it and it's for a lead role.

3. I have to save my money because I'm switching from Verizon to Sprint and putting everyone's lines under my name and have to dish out about 600+ dollars for all new phones and such. BLOWS

So yeah anyone going, Indie, Aly, Noeland..... have a GREAT time. Be safe and give Tim and Tom a kiss for me!

-Raf

I can't go Raf---my ass has to be in Iowa this weekend, remember? stupid government! LOL

1. I'm brokeeeeeee

-Raf

Thanks. If I kissed Tim or Tom, I bet I'd get in trouble. If I said it was from you, maybe they'd let me off the hook. ;)

Sorry you can't go. I actually thought I was going to get to meet The Raffi in person. Such a shame you won't be able to attend. :(

You do have good excuses, I mean "reasons," to not go. I especially love the switching from Verizon to Sprint one. I've never heard that one used before.

Good luck with your audition, Raffi. Hope you get the part. :D

I can't go Raf---my ass has to be in Iowa this weekend, remember? stupid government! LOL

So, you're not going at all? I thought you were going to fit in a few minutes.

To everyone going (I'm not even sure of everyone who is able to attend), travel safely and be careful. Maybe I'll see you there. :)

Well, the plans have changed a bit for me Indie...unfortunately for more than just me...but i will be seeing Tim and Noeland for a few tomorrow afternoon before I hit the road...I hope you have a good time though girlie! I'm so jealous!

Thanks. If I kissed Tim or Tom, I bet I'd get in trouble. If I said it was from you, maybe they'd let me off the hook. ;)

Sorry you can't go. I actually thought I was going to get to meet The Raffi in person. Such a shame you won't be able to attend. :(

You do have good excuses, I mean "reasons," to not go. I especially love the switching from Verizon to Sprint one. I've never heard that one used before.

Good luck with your audition, Raffi. Hope you get the part. :D

Yes Tim and Tom would exempt you if you kissed them on my behalf haha.

One day Indie you shall me THE Raffi in person ;)

Yupppp switching to Sprint so I gotta save the little money I have to buy my HTC Evo which costs 199.99 plus 100.00 for a mail and rebate along with my sisters Blackberry she wants which also has a 100.00 mail and rebate along with my parents' phones which are only 19.99 a piece since they don't use smart phones and they're arabs who are not up to date with technology. They just need digits and a button that says "send".... BUT there's still a 50.00 mail and rebate for each of their phones. FUCKING SCAMS I TELL YA!

Why did I ramble about this? The reason why I'm switching anyways is because if I stuck with Verizon by myself, I would have been spending 130 a month with the plan I needed and the phone I wanted.... for all 4 of us and a plan with 1500 minutes and unlmited data, I'll be spending 156 dollars after our discount with Sprint. Talk about saving!

ANYWAYSSSS I should just fuckin opened up a cell phone carrier thread for that one!

Have fun and I hope to see you some time! And thanks for for the good luck wishes! Hopefully I knock em dead!

-Raf

Yes Tim and Tom would exempt you if you kissed them on my behalf haha.

One day Indie you shall me THE Raffi in person ;)

Yupppp switching to Sprint so I gotta save the little money I have to buy my HTC Evo which costs 199.99 plus 100.00 for a mail and rebate along with my sisters Blackberry she wants which also has a 100.00 mail and rebate along with my parents' phones which are only 19.99 a piece since they don't use smart phones and they're arabs who are not up to date with technology. They just need digits and a button that says "send".... BUT there's still a 50.00 mail and rebate for each of their phones. FUCKING SCAMS I TELL YA!

Why did I ramble about this? The reason why I'm switching anyways is because if I stuck with Verizon by myself, I would have been spending 130 a month with the plan I needed and the phone I wanted.... for all 4 of us and a plan with 1500 minutes and unlmited data, I'll be spending 156 dollars after our discount with Sprint. Talk about saving!

ANYWAYSSSS I should just fuckin opened up a cell phone carrier thread for that one!

Have fun and I hope to see you some time! And thanks for for the good luck wishes! Hopefully I knock em dead!

-Raf

Maybe someday I'll meet you at a Hollywood Premiere screening of one of your films. ;)

And hopefully, you won't be too big of a star to talk to me.

Wow, you really did have yourself a little cell phone rant episode. A thread? I think you need a whole book for that one, pal. :P

Tell me if you get the part.

As for convention news, I just found out that Thomas Jane had to cancel. My heart stopped when I read that. Sad news? More like very tragic. I'm very curious as to why Tom can't make it. Maybe he can tell me about the reason on here.

You don't understand how badly I want to meet Thomas Jane. Well since this is RAW, you actually do. But, I had my heart set on this. I know others did, too. I know there are more upset people. I'm not the only one. However, I actually did make a t-shirt for the event. I'll still wear it, but it won't be the same.

Thank goodness Tim is still going to be there! Since Tom won't, I'll just have to stalk only Tim. B)

As for convention news, I just found out that Thomas Jane had to cancel. My heart stopped when I read that. Sad news? More like very tragic. I'm very curious as to why Tom can't make it. Maybe he can tell me about the reason on here.

Tim commented on FB that a close friend of Tom's passed away yesterday morning, and that is why he cancelled.

Tim commented on FB that a close friend of Tom's passed away yesterday morning, and that is why he cancelled.

That's really terrible news. Death is one of those unavoidable inconveniences. I hope Tom is handling it well.

I appreciate you letting me know that.

Ok, so as you all probably know from my ranting that I was unable to attend this event but I did meet up with Tim & Noeland friday afternoon before I hit the road and before the show started. I gotta say that Tim is amazing! As you probably all know this by now. I really only expected to sit with Tim for about 15 minutes (I figured he would be a little busy) but nope. He, Noeland and I sat in the lobby of the hotel for a good 2 1/2 hrs and just shot the breeze about this and that. Tim did a sketch for me in one of my BP books (which is very cool by the way). And we got some pretty cool pics taken together. I actually knew about Tom's cancellation like a day before hand. It is very sad and I hope he is coping well with this hardship as best as he can. I'm glad to say that my weekend in Iowa was pretty eventful. I ran around like crazy all weekend trying to get all the paperwork done and processed so I could transfer and I'm happy as hell to say that I will no longer have to report to Iowa for weekend drills but right here in good 'ol Indianapolis instead! YAAYY! So next year when our boys hit the ground for the convention again...I will definitely be around for it!

Tim, Thank you for sparing your time with little 'ol me. I had a really good time talking with you. Remember how we talked about me turning around about 100 miles out and skipping drill? Well I seriously considered it! LOL

Noeland, it was really nice to finally meet you! I hope you had a safe drive back! And hope to see you at next year's convention because you owe me a drink! LOL

Anyone else who made it to the convention...how was it?

-Aly

I had such an amazing time. The Dark Country Q & A and screening was so great. Who cares if I was just about the only one asking the questions? I had fun getting to do that. Especially, before the movie started. I'd ask a question, Tim would answer. No one else asked, so I kept asking questions. And that's the way it went during the whole Q & A.

Seeing Dark Country on a big screen is such a privilage. I feel so lucky that I got to have that opportunity.

I thought I'd get to chat with Tim for a little while. I had no idea that I would be spending the majority of my time hanging out with him. Majority? I was with him during the panel, then I walked with him back to his table after the screening and stayed til closing with him and Noeland. I can't believe we all got to talk with each other for so long.

Noeland, it was great to finally meet you. I enjoyed our movie/television conversation immensely. I could've talked forever about those topics. Seriously. Plus, learning new things about a person is always fun.

Tim signed four items and drew me a little sketch in his Archetype book for me. (I love this book) He also took lots of pics with me and my family. That was so nice of you to do that, Tim. :D

I even got to take a picture with Noeland. Thanks, buddy. I'll make sure to post that soon. ;)

Can't wait to hang out with Tim and Noeland, again in the future. You guys are simply awesome!

Spending time with Tim + Noeland = BEST DAY EVER!!! :)

I hope you guys were able to have as much fun as I did. Maybe next year, I'll get to meet more members.

Tim. Noeland. I can't thank you fellas enough for actually letting me sit at your tables. If possible, I now feel even more proud of being a member of RAW. B)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.