Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Thomas Jane at the Scream Awards

Tom is taking a time out from preproduction for "Dark Country" for a few days this weekend to introduce a film clip at the SCREAM AWARDS, from Director Frank Darabont's upcoming Stephen King adaptation "The Mist". Tom is very excited about this film. Working with Frank was a serious thrill, and between you and me folks, Tom's performance in this film has tested off the charts with screening audiences. All parties associated with "The Mist" are extremely proud of what they've created. Look for it in November!

Can't wait that long? Then you will DEFINITELY want to be tuning into the SCREAM AWARDS on Spike TV when it is broadcast on October 23, 10pm EST. Keep your eyes peeled because there will be a commercial break after Tom introduces the clip and guess what? The whole two-minute break will be filled by a big fat extended trailer for Stephen King's "The Mist".

Rock and Roll.

- TB

PS - Be sure to check the RAW Entertainment section of this forum for updates on Tom's directorial debut - DARK COUNTRY.

Awesome Tim!! :D

Mucho gracias for the news - just one thing about the TV schedule - Spike TV is airing "Scream Awards 2007" on Tuesday, October 23 at 10pm EST in US, for 2 hours, then repeating it right away at midnight.

There are more repeats of the show listed for late Friday night, October 26 at 2am EST and then late Saturday night, October 27 at 2am EST.

Check your local listings for any differences. Can't wait for the show - and to see Tom and more of The Mist! :)

Jen

Awesome, TB!!! Thanks so much for the update. Can't wait to see it!

and between you and me folks, Tom's performance in this film has tested off the charts with screening audiences. All parties associated with "The Mist" are extremely proud of what they've created

That thrills me no end, TB. I've always known that he was a really good actor, but like his wife, Patricia, Thomas has always chosen roles and films that meant something to him, rather than how big they would be at the box office. As a result, neither of them get a lot of recognition (or respect) it seems from the industry. And often because the films are not considered "big box office draws", they are overlooked by the mainstream industry and the media, which is a shame because so many great films, and actors like Thomas and Patricia, who do consistently good work, are largely ignored by Hollywood, and in turn, by the public. And I think people like that, who do have integrity and do excellent work day in and day out, should be rewarded accordingly, instead of by Hollywood's, and the media's, twisted standards.

Mediumfan

snifff ! :(

And I, in France, I shall see nothing, ... but I hope that there will be many Thomas's photos ;)

chatmt5.jpg

Great weekend !

Patti

Thanks for clarifying Jen.

I got that date off of the Spike TV website.

If I'd missed it because I trusted that I'd be very pissed.

Looks like they'll be replaying a lot though eh?

Too be sure, check your local listings.

Cheers all - TB

Well, it's as I feared - or at least hoped would not happen - the Scream Awards event took place last night, Friday, October 19, at the Greek Theatre in L.A. - and as far as I can tell, there aren't any pix of Tom during the arrivals to the event.

If you look at Wireimage.com, they have a ridiculous amount of photos of the Captain Morgan guy (the company is bankrolling the event, I'm assuming) - and only a few photos of various actors and directors -- and Paris Hilton??! :o

I mean, come on...

Of course, I'll still be watching the show. :)

Jen

Spike's website DOES say the 23rd.

I must be losing my mind.

There was a problem with Tom's suit and the production sent the wrong one.

Tom may have been late and missed red carpet because of the snafu.

I don't know if they got him the right one before he left or not but the plan was that he'd be wearing his wardrobe from "DARK COUNTRY" when he announced the "MIST" clip.

- TB

Oh - Recoil added this link to another thread - and it has a few pix of Tom in the press room, a short interview, and audio of said interview! Thanks for the info Recoil! :D

Here's the link:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...1&Itemid=99

Also, Patti posted a few different pix of Tom at the Scream Awards to my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group, in the Photos section, in the Various Events 2007 -2- album, so check that out too at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Thomas_Jane_2/

Jen

IESB: Hey, but someone else is playing Punisher.

TJ: Hey, I don’t know who that guy is but…

IESB: No one does…

TJ: And…that’s not the Punisher…goodbye.

I was really surprised to hear these comments. Also, in a segment for the show with regards to the Mist, he says "why do you think I'm not doing Punisher 2?" That's a joke, right? Tom had written previously that it was because of disagreements with the studio. I would probably resent it if Punisher 2 got thrown under the bus for another project. I take people at their word... so if anybody has some insight in to this being a joke to spite LGF (especially Tom himself, should he happen to read this) it would probably save me the embarassment of taking it seriously.

I was really surprised to hear these comments. Also, in a segment for the show with regards to the Mist, he says "why do you think I'm not doing Punisher 2?" That's a joke, right? Tom had written previously that it was because of disagreements with the studio. I would probably resent it if Punisher 2 got thrown under the bus for another project. I take people at their word... so if anybody has some insight in to this being a joke to spite LGF (especially Tom himself, should he happen to read this) it would probably save me the embarassment of taking it seriously.

I think that was just some reporter trying to stir up some sh*t with Thomas. I mean, his split from the Punisher 2 is OOOOOLd news, but the media still wants to hammer it into the ground and keep dragging it up, just to see if they can get Thomas to say something that they can use to sell a story. It's a bunch of crap and the media are a bunch of land-dwelling sharks, searching for fresh blood, and if they can't find it, they'll make it on their own.

I don't blame Thomas for getting ticked at them, if that's what that was. He has a right to. He's moved on, and so should they. I mean, he was there to promote his new movie, and all they want to talk about is old news that's dead and buried as far as most people are concerned.

That probably was a joke, or at least that's the way I would take it, and Thomas was ribbing the reporter for being so far behind the times, or something like that. From what I've heard from Thomas in interviews and such, he has a very dry, sarcastic wit, so I think that's all it was.

Mediumfan

:blink: ^ i thought the mist wrapped in early april which was before he decided to walk away from the punisher. so it was most likely a joke because some of the punisher fans who have backed him in his decision would have sh*t on their faces if it wasn't.

I stand by TJ 1000% on either view of the comments. Punisher Disaster Zone is total crap (I'm makin it clear), and I said somethin very similar when that guy got cast to "replace" TJ: "Who the fuck is Ray Stevenson?" I didn't have a clue of who he was. Actually if you go to the thread for Punisher Disaster Zone, you'll see posts of people asking what else the guy had been in. The script for P2 has been garbage since 2005. Had it not been, TJ woulda shot it back in '05. What's a guy to do? Sit around until they fix the fuckin thing? (which they never did) TJ went out and took projects that were good - while clinging on to the possibility of the Punisher crisis being resolved. We know it never did, but at least we get to watch him in The Mist and in Mutant Chronicles. As far as I'm concerned, Ray Stevenson ain't the Punisher. In the words of Wolverine: he's "just a sub". Goodbye,

-TL (I'm not kidding)

TOM APOLOGIZES ABOUT HOW HE ACTED AT SPIKE TV'S SCREAM AWARDS!

Hey everyone - I got a message from Tom himself a little while ago, saying he's sorry about how he acted at the Scream Awards!

There's a video clip online where, just under the clip, it says "Thomas Jane is either crazy or drunk and watching him present Steven King's The Mist sneak peak literally is "hell on earth." --

And Tom just wanted to let us all know that he's definitely crazy, probably a little drunk, and acted like an ass - and apologizes about it all. :D

Jen

LOL No Kelli, There's no way I'm gettin off any ship TJ's captain of - including this board. The "goodbye" was only to pay respect to that awesome drunk or not drunk remark he made about Stevenson. And I know the apology will get the pro-Stevensons off his back, but in MY BOOK no apology is required. Sean Connery has been brutally honest over the last 40 years about his lack of respect for the other 5 Bonds. I'd be the same way.

-TL (Not leaving RAW - Got more shit to talk about Punisher: Disaster Zone) HA!

TOM APOLOGIZES ABOUT HOW HE ACTED AT SPIKE TV'S SCREAM AWARDS!

Hey everyone - I got a message from Tom himself a little while ago, saying he's sorry about how he acted at the Scream Awards!

There's a video clip online where, just under the clip, it says "Thomas Jane is either crazy or drunk and watching him present Steven King's The Mist sneak peak literally is "hell on earth." --

And Tom just wanted to let us all know that he's definitely crazy, probably a little drunk, and acted like an ass - and apologizes about it all. :D

Jen

thanks for the update, Jen.

LOL No Kelli, There's no way I'm gettin off any ship TJ's captain of - including this board. The "goodbye" was only to pay respect to that awesome drunk or not drunk remark he made about Stevenson. And I know the apology will get the pro-Stevensons off his back, but in MY BOOK no apology is required. Sean Connery has been brutally honest over the last 40 years about his lack of respect for the other 5 Bonds. I'd be the same way.

-TL (Not leaving RAW - Got more shit to talk about Punisher: Disaster Zone) HA!

I appreciate the apology by TJ. I don't take it as an apology for his beliefs (nor should he apologize for his opinion, he's entitled to it) but rather the way it came out, and maybe just as a nod to us to say he doesn't want to let us down. I'm glad he set it straight and I respect him for that.

BTW there's no "or not," he admitted he was tipsy like a man. It's not how he normally is, as others have said.

I appreciate the apology by TJ. I don't take it as an apology for his beliefs (nor should he apologize for his opinion, he's entitled to it) but rather the way it came out, and maybe just as a nod to us to say he doesn't want to let us down. I'm glad he set it straight and I respect him for that.

BTW there's no "or not," he admitted he was tipsy like a man. It's not how he normally is, as others have said.

I agree. He shouldn't feel that he HAS to apologize, but the fact that he did, and acknowledged his behavior just shows how much character he has. A lot more than a lot of people in his position (meaning celebrities in general, or people in the public eye) have or would have shown. Look how many other celebrities have done things ten times worse, and never said anything, or had their publicist try to cover it up with some BS excuse for their behavior. As far as I could tell, he did nothing to apologize for. Some people just feel they have to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Thomas, I applaud you for your actions, and I admire your integrity.

Update: I saw the Scream Awards last night (what a bore), and I didn't see anything wrong with Thomas' behavior. Sure, he may have been a little tipsy, but he wasn't falling down drunk and he didn't do anything to embarass himself or anyone associated with the movie, so what's the problem? Maybe he was just trying to have some fun with it. That show was boring anyway. I don't see that he has anything to apologize for.

Peace and love,

mediumfan

That show was boring anyway. I don't see that he has anything to apologize for.

Peace and love,

mediumfan

I found it funny that they ended the show by rocking out to a song that is a good 35 years old. I was sitting there thinking, most of the folks in the audience were only an egg when Alice Cooper first performed that song. Cracked me up.

As for Thomas Jane, the more he talks about walking away from Punisher 2, the more it appears he regrets that decision. JMHO

I found it funny that they ended the show by rocking out to a song that is a good 35 years old. I was sitting there thinking, most of the folks in the audience were only an egg when Alice Cooper first performed that song. Cracked me up.

As for Thomas Jane, the more he talks about walking away from Punisher 2, the more it appears he regrets that decision. JMHO

I wasn't paying attention to the music. The whole show was just boring to me. As for Thomas' decision to quit the Punisher 2, it's always been my impression that it was a very hard decision for him to make and one that he hated to have to make, and I'm sure he does regret it, but just felt he had no choice. It's a shame that Lionsgate left him in that position. I would have loved to see him as the Punisher again.

mediumfan

Yeah, I don't know - I don't think Tom "had" to apologize. I mean, he was coherent in what he said, it was on topic, uh, maybe until the very end there! :lol:

Plus, in a way, the tone of Scream 2007 is kinda more in-yer-face like that anyway - the big talk, the grand gestures - really, any awards ceremony is like that, where it's kinda hard to just be casual and laid-back and say your lines...anyway, just my opinion again.

Just a little info from what I saw of the show - and maybe it's different depending where you live, but around 53 minutes in to the show, in the commericals, they showed a looong preview of The Mist. I might have been 2 minutes long. Not sure about that, but it was far more appealing to me than the 1st preview I ever saw of The Mist, which didn't really leave me feeling scared or filled with dread...this one upped the dread factor more.

Then, for Tom's bit, he appeared after Lena Heady (?? actress in 300) accepted the award for Ultimate Scream - and it looks like Spike TV chopped off the top of Tom's speech, because there was no mention of Bad Planet, which Tom talked about in that video clip online! I think this was about 1 hour and 42 minutes into the show, so near the end of the 2-hour run.

Oh, and I almost forgot - Tom was intro-ing a scene from The Mist, which was cool, but way too short.

Jen

If someone's gonna make those traitors that are makin Disaster Zone feel like the garbage they are, who better than the Punisher himself? And what better time than at an awards show that recognizes cinematic superheroes? Last time he was on, they announced him as the star of "Punisher 2". Its Payback baby!

-TL

Yeah, I don't know - I don't think Tom "had" to apologize. I mean, he was coherent in what he said, it was on topic, uh, maybe until the very end there! :lol:

Plus, in a way, the tone of Scream 2007 is kinda more in-yer-face like that anyway - the big talk, the grand gestures - really, any awards ceremony is like that, where it's kinda hard to just be casual and laid-back and say your lines...anyway, just my opinion again.

Just a little info from what I saw of the show - and maybe it's different depending where you live, but around 53 minutes in to the show, in the commericals, they showed a looong preview of The Mist. I might have been 2 minutes long. Not sure about that, but it was far more appealing to me than the 1st preview I ever saw of The Mist, which didn't really leave me feeling scared or filled with dread...this one upped the dread factor more.

Then, for Tom's bit, he appeared after Lena Heady (?? actress in 300) accepted the award for Ultimate Scream - and it looks like Spike TV chopped off the top of Tom's speech, because there was no mention of Bad Planet, which Tom talked about in that video clip online! I think this was about 1 hour and 42 minutes into the show, so near the end of the 2-hour run.

Oh, and I almost forgot - Tom was intro-ing a scene from The Mist, which was cool, but way too short.

Jen

Yeah, Jen. I saw that commercial too. It looked really scary. Way better than the ones that I had seen before. I haven't seen the online clip where he talked about Bad Planet, but it did look like they cut off the beginning of his speech. And the clip of The Mist was too short. Spike screwed that one up too.

As for Thomas' speech, I agree that the feel of the whole thing was very laid-back and in-yer-face, so Thomas was probably trying to make it fun. I don't see what people have to make such a big deal about it (meaning the ones who posted that clip and made the comments about him being drunk or crazy). I mean it isn't like he was stumbling down drunk or body-slamming somebody on stage and knocking their teeth out on live tv. Some people just need to find something to criticize other people for.

Mediumfan