Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

How's the filming of Hung going?

...do you get to sex anybody on the show?.... :blink:...what am I thinking, after all...the title is "HUNG"...and it ain't a western...

...do you get to sex anybody on the show?.... :blink:...what am I thinking, after all...the title is "HUNG"...and it ain't a western...

:P

I was wondering can we sex him? I mean, since he's HUNG, can he hang?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was wondering about Give 'em Hell Malone and how this came about. More so, though, I was curious on weather or not we would see Malone in comic book form? There's only a handful of good crime books out there, at least that I know of, from the sound of things, Malone's adventures might make for some great books.

How's the filming of Hung going?

EDIT: I really did intend this as a serious question, but the replies don't seem to be taking it that way. Sorry about that.

k-skye

...and is there a target date yet for airing of episodes? Just wondering if we're looking at Spring 2009, Summer 2009, Fall 2009 - hopefully nothing later than that. I don't know how quick HBO is in getting their new shows on the air...

Jen

Was going to ask about getting involved with Bollywood productions...any tips or was the one a fluke?

Grow a mustache and be ready to break into song while performing a choreographed dance routine, at the drop of a hat... even if in the middle of a gunfight :P

Seriously though, while they make approximately 3000 movies in India every year (more than anywhere else in the world, or so they tell me here), most are in either Hindi or Tamil, catering to the regional markets (India is more akin to a collection of countries, like Europe, rather than like 1 individual country). There are up to 2000 distinct dialects in India. While English is widely understood here, most people are not anywhere near fluent (I have to have directions writen in Tamil to show to auto-rickshaw drivers, as they usually don't understand when I try to tell them). However, India is becoming more and more Western-ised all the time (some of my Hindu friends eat beef) so this is beginning to change and more and more 'Indian English' films are released.... but they still involve a lot of singing and dancing, for now.

The biggest issue I think for you is really the money. It's currently 81 rupees to £1 UK, so that really equates to a 10:1 buying power. So unless you plan to actually live in India, you'll find what you earn is worth relatively little back in the US, especially when you factor in travel costs back and forth, the cost of staying in a Hotel/flat in India and the fact that as a westerner, you'll generally be overcharged for everything in India.

i spent a day on a Bollywood shoot in FL; they were filming one of their elaborate and ridiculous music video dance numbers on the beach--they put me and 3 other guys in Speedos (ugh) and had us run up and down the waterline. There was apparently zero communication through the production, since one of them told us we were supposed to be 'happy, you're running down the beach, you're smiling, you're having a great time'; then another one came up and said, 'This is your Rambo moment, you're running through the water, you're very serious'. Left me wondering, 'When in the hell is Rambo ever happy?!'

An okay experience, but they couldn't pay me enough to go to India to work on any project with that level of "communication".

An okay experience, but they couldn't pay me enough to go to India to work on any project with that level of "communication".

Thomas Jane went to India and shot his very first movie of his career there. Guess they paid him enough!

Mr. Jane will you watch the new punisher movie? this is not a rhetorical question.

sorry if I'm duping a q. Is there going to b a punisher 2? would Loooooove it! Only if tj is the star of course! ;) Sorry to gush, but any movie with tj is THE BEST! :rolleyes:

sorry if I'm duping a q. Is there going to b a punisher 2? would Loooooove it! Only if tj is the star of course! ;) Sorry to gush, but any movie with tj is THE BEST! :rolleyes:

Thomas, shall I field this one for now?

Hi amys, Welcome!

There is at least one entire thread on the upcoming Punisher film - (sadly) without Thomas Jane at this time. But, you can read all about it here: Punisher: War Zone

And make sure to check out Mr. Jane's current (just filmed) project here: Give'em Hell, Malone

Thomas, shall I field this one for now?

Hi amys, Welcome!

There is at least one entire thread on the upcoming Punisher film - (sadly) without Thomas Jane at this time. But, you can read all about it here: Punisher: War Zone

And make sure to check out Mr. Jane's current (just filmed) project here: Give'em Hell, Malone

Thanks Jayesse8! That is so disappointing :( I was sure there would be a sequel (with TJ) and have been patiently waiting. Seriously, if TJ isn't the star, it just wont be the same... so I can't say I'll go see it. I will be so sad. If there is still a chance, I really hope they can work something out so TJ will like the script and star as the puisher again. I think it NEEDS to happen ;) for TJ and all of us! The punisher IS one of my all time favorite movies ever! If not THE fav (along with hope floats... I know...totally different genre.) What can I say, I like many types of movies.

Hola, Mr. Jane i have a few Q's.

By the way sorry if someone else has asked these q's already...

1.What catches ur attention on films?

2.When, exactly is The Mutant Cronicles comeing out?

3.Is it on DVD right away or will it be in theaters first?

Just asking because IMDB is kinda vague on that. Hope 2 hear from u. thanx. :lol:

As for Mutant Chronicles or any other Jane project for that matter, best thing to do is to check around the forum. Chances are there is already a thread dedicated to the subject.

You can learn all about the saga of Mutant Chronicles here -----> Mutant Chronicles Thread

Or if you'd rather skip to the latest news from Tom on the subject click this one -----> Tom Checks in with the latest on Mutant Chronicles

Thanks - TB

Thomas, I just moved to Los Angeles, and with Tim's news that the new issue of Bad Planet #6 is on shelves now, I'm looking for a good place to buy comics. I know I could just Google it, but I don't know the city and the neighborhoods that well yet, and you can't tell what kind of place it is just by looking at it on the internet. So I was wondering if you could recommend a good comic store. I live in downtown LA, but as I said, I don't know the city that well yet, (I've only been here a few weeks) so any help would be appreciated. I'm anxious to get my hands on BP #6 so I can complete my set. And I'm dying to see how it ends. :P

If you don't want to "endorse" anyone, or don't feel comfortable answering, I understand. Thanks.

Mediumfan

Thomas, I just moved to Los Angeles, and with Tim's news that the new issue of Bad Planet #6 is on shelves now, I'm looking for a good place to buy comics. I know I could just Google it, but I don't know the city and the neighborhoods that well yet, and you can't tell what kind of place it is just by looking at it on the internet. So I was wondering if you could recommend a good comic store. I live in downtown LA, but as I said, I don't know the city that well yet, (I've only been here a few weeks) so any help would be appreciated. I'm anxious to get my hands on BP #6 so I can complete my set. And I'm dying to see how it ends. :P

If you don't want to "endorse" anyone, or don't feel comfortable answering, I understand. Thanks.

Mediumfan

Can't go wrong with Golden Apple - 7018 Melrose Ave, LA 90038 - On Melrose between N. LaBrea and N. Sycamore Ave.

Mapquest link

- TB

Mediumfan

Congratulations on the move!

Congratulations on the move!

Thanks. It's only temporary (for now anyway) so I'm hoping to make the most of it that I can. I'm trying to take in as much of the city as I can while I'm here. But so far, I LOVE LA!!!

Thanks. It's only temporary (for now anyway) so I'm hoping to make the most of it that I can. I'm trying to take in as much of the city as I can while I'm here. But so far, I LOVE LA!!!

I hope you have a great time in L.A., Mediumfan! :D I wish I could be there there too. Maybe you can get to a premiere at some point of Dark Country or Killshot, if there's a premiere in L.A. That would be cool.

Actually, since this is a question thread, does anyone know (Tom, Tim, anyone?) if there will be swanky red carpet premiere for Dark Country when the time comes? I don't know who would actually approve of and plan the whole she-bang...

Jen

Hi, Tom. Happy Holidays to you and your family! I am a huge fan of your Punisher film...I've watched it many many times. I think you were born to play the role. When I heard that you were declining the part for Punisher 2, I was really upset. I know you said that you didn't want to devote time to making a film that you didn't believe in, which I understood. Because you didn't accept the part, I wasn't planning on seeing the film. However, curiousity got the best of me and my boyfriend and I went to see it (I was curious how bad the movie was and yes, I do like the whole concept of the Punisher theme). My boyfriend liked it a lot and I thought it was a decent movie (compared to what else is out there), although I would have changed some things in the film. I was curious...did you feel that the whole script in general was not good or were there certain things that you were against in the script? I hope you don't mind my asking. If you don't want to answer, that's okay...I'm just curious.

I'm not sure how it works...perhaps the script ended up being different from the one you declined.

Thanks for your time, Tom. Take care...

In a nutshell, here's why Tom walked from The Punisher Warzone -

well this thread is damn entertaining. question is, what will we do with ourselves once the damn film comes and goes?

the problem is how things get out of hand and blown around and facts get distorted to support whatever argument some one is trying to make.

i didn't leave over walter hill. i left because i saw in castle a true tragic figure in fiction, and i loved the guy and i wanted HIS STORY to be told in a realistic manner that is fitting the tale. like taxi driver. like dog day afternoon. like fuckin SERPICO, with some death wish mixed in and yeah it's an action film and yeah it's a comic book but i think the way to keep comic book films alive is to treat them with the respect that the stories deserve. and look out! a guy named Nolan does just that a year later and look what happens.

i went to LGF with a BAG of dvd's. thirty or forty. big meeting with everyone from marvel and LG there. and i laid them on the table. all gritty urban crime dramas and action films. you all know the ones. and i said this is what we want to see with P2. i even outlined a simple story where we had a female FBI agent working on bringing down a mob family for three years, doing wiretaps and collecting evidence, and on the big night of the bust, FC walks in and kills every one of them in three minutes. job done. and this chick, she's like who the FUCK is this asshole? Three years down the drain in three minutes by some joker with a skull on his chest? no fucking way. and she goes to her boss and says I WANT FRANK CASTLE. he's an affront to the System. this is a girl who had to do everything by the book just to get where she is, loves her job and believes in it, but is kinda feeling that 'glass ceiling' that women sometimes hit in a man's world. she's had to have all the T's crossed and I's dotted to make it, and FC just pisses her off to no end. she goes after him, and she CATCHES him. Locks him up. job done. but at the same time, the MOB goes after her, and kidnaps her kid. (this was Jigsaw and his men.) they are gonna kill the kid. no time for 'by the book.' so she goes to castle in lock up. she looks at him and he looks at her. and she leaves the key on the floor and walks out. and castle destroys every last one of them.

that was the story in a nutshell. i wasn't hung up on that story in particular, just something with some emotion and balls and speaks to the fact that love him or hate him Frank Castle does what he does so we don't have to. he's a necessary evil, because he's the only guy in town who's willing to live with the heinous fucking shit that sometimes has got to be done. everyone nodded their heads and we talked for an hour about bringing back the Great Urban Crime Film. problem was, no one could write it. we went through so many drafts. i even worked with Ennis on an outline. but LG could not get away from the Comic Book Film. it was very light and the characters were just superficial. Sutter did professional work. great guy, trying to give the studio what they wanted. like him a lot. but when it became obvious that LG wasn't interested in developing that KIND of story, and frankly weren't interested in spending the cash on a good script. i said guys, i just can't do this to the character i love. can't live with it. can't make the 'would have been great if' movie of frank one more time. this is me speaking from the heart, and not trying to be PC here. so i walked away and i sent an open letter to Quint at ain't it cool outlining my feelings on the thing. i'm sure you can look it up. THEN LG got another director. THEN the 'reboot' stuff. makes sense to reboot after the actor walks, right?

Bradstreet is right - when i say 'piece of crap' that's just me talking. Hey, might be a masterpiece from someone else's POV. i guess if i wanted to be polite i could say 'not my cup 'o tea.' but then that wouldn't be me talking, would it.

As for red carpet stuff and Dark Country. As soon as we know what the deal is we'll report it. It's a bit small for a red carpet event but there will surely be a cast and crew premiere of some kind. I think it would be cool to invite some of our true blue members from the forum, but first thing's first. Let's see what the situation is and then we'll let folks know if we can treat ya. ;)

Keep updated in the Dark Country thread

- TB

Hello Tom,

This is Meer Abdulla from Maryland, co-producer and co-artist from Padamati Sandhya Ragam. I'd been watching your success all these years, congratulations!

I'm sending this note to inform the sad demise of Mr. Gummuluru Sastry, my friend, co-producer and partner for 27 years. He passed away peacefully on Nov 24th in his sleep.

He was trying to get in tough with you through your agent in connection with the sequel (to Padamati Sandhya Ragam) we were planning, in which there is a part for you.

I don't know how else to reach you, after all these years. I still live on Maryland. Please contact me at ***-***-**** or at abdullameer@yahoo.com.

Thank you and good luck to you!

Meer Abdulla

Film Maker

phone number removed (but saved privately) by mods

Hello Tom,

This is Meer Abdulla from Maryland, co-producer and co-artist from Padamati Sandhya Ragam.

There is a funny video of a song of this movie in youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWHFMFI8m-w&feature=channel_page

I wish i could see this movie...