Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

Thomas,

I heard today that your wife Patricia was honored with another Golden Globe nomination (her third in a row) for her outstanding work in Medium, and I wanted to say "Congratulations" to both of you. You must be very proud. Her work on the show is nothing short of phenomenal and this is an honor well-deserved. Here's hoping she actually gets the award this time (maybe the third time's the charm). She really deserves it. I know you all are probably not into the Hollywood awards/pat on the back mentality, but I still am very happy for her and for you. You both deserve all the recognition you get and more. Please give her my best, and wish her the best of luck for me.

Mediumfan

Hi Tom:

My name is Ivan. I am the singer of a chilean (southamerica) industrial Metal band called VIGILANTE.

We have 3 records edited in europe and distributed worlwide.

I think Adam from www.the punisher.com gave you some cds of us.

I only write you to tell you that we are very big fans of your work.

I hope you could check our music and tell us what you think about it.

You can hear some of our stuff here: www.vigilante.cn or www.myspace.com/vigilanteband

Could be a dream come true colaborate with you in the future.

Happy New Year!!!

Cheers!!!

Ivan

Vigilante

www.vigilante.cn

www.myspace.com/vigilanteband

Hi Tom,

Let's see:

What book has had the biggest impact on you?

Who would you consider to be your hero?

How do you relieve stress?

What is your favorite daily ritual?

What quote best describes you?

1. I read, possibly on IMDB.com, that you are part Irish, Italian, and German, so I was wondering why you got married in a kilt?

actually I'm part Irish and Scottish, a little German Jew on my mothers side and some Blackfoot Indian on my fathers. turns out P has some Scottish in her as well, so that's why we all wore kilts at the wedding!

2. Are you going to do other genres of films besides the horror genre?

i sure hope so! i know it seems like that's all i've done lately, but KILLSHOT is a thriller based on the Elmore Leonard book and Mutant Chronicles is Sci Fi adventure. the only thing i don't see myself doing any time soon is a comedy - but ya never know...

Hey, Thomas, first I want to say, I saw The Mist last night, and Holy Crap on a stick! That's all I can say. This movie was fantastic, and probably one of my favorite Stephen King movie adaptions yet, right up there with Needful Things, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, and Tommyknockers. And I thought you were fantastic in this. Excellent job by all involved, especially by you, and I salute you all for a job well done, particularly Darabont for his brilliant adaptation, and THAT ENDING!

WOW!! That ending is destined to go down in cinematic history as one of the best, most shocking movie endings ever written or filmed. It was that good.

Which brings me to my question. You've said that The Mist is one of your favorite Stephen King stories. How did you feel about Frank's ending when you read it? Did you feel that it betrayed the original story, or enhanced it? Did it give you any pause about accepting the role? Which ending did you prefer?

I liked King's ending because it was ambiguous, but it still left room for hope. But I loved Darabont's ending because of the sudden twists that it takes (and I mean all of them), but at the same time, his ending was so much more final than King's that it has stayed with me since I left the theater, and I don't think I can shake it. The rest of the movie was great, but I just can't shake that ending.

All I can say is WOW! Great job.

mediumfan

thanks! i felt that Franks ending was perfect for the film, where Steve King's end was great for the book. I know Frank wanted to throw an extra punch to the film that would put a button on the end, not leave it open ended like the book, which probably would not have been as satisfying. all in all, i'm very proud of the movie. i think people will be discovering it for a long time.

Nice to see you in here. I wondered if you ever came around.

Thanks for answering a couple of questions.

i hover around and check things out from time to time. just never have much time to hunker down and answer some questions!

i'll try to get to a few more over the next few days. thanks for being a member of the Raw fold. T.

thanks! i felt that Franks ending was perfect for the film, where Steve King's end was great for the book. I know Frank wanted to throw an extra punch to the film that would put a button on the end, not leave it open ended like the book, which probably would not have been as satisfying. all in all, i'm very proud of the movie. i think people will be discovering it for a long time.

Thanks for the reply, Thomas! Great to see you around here.

Great point about the two endings. Darabont's ending definitely played better on screen. As for throwing an extra punch in there, I'd say that he did that in spades. That ending was an absolute punch in the gut.

And I also think that The Mist is a movie that will have a huge cultlike following for years to come. Count me in. I love it. I've already bought the dvd. :lol:

Oh, one more thing.

How did the "Hollywood Apocalypse" event turn out? I saw the entries online and was kind of curious as to which one won the judging. There were some really great works there. It must have been tough to decide.

And I'm really looking forward to hearing the digital children's book that you and Patricia are doing with Ludon Lee. Sounds exciting and a very worthwhile cause. My hat's off to you and Patricia for all the good works that you do for others. Kudos to you.

All my best to you and yours. And don't be such a stranger. :lol:

Mediumfan

p.s. As you've probably figured out by now, I am a huge fan of Patricia's and of "Medium", so I am REALLY excited about it's renewal for another season. I hope it continues for several more seasons (or as long as Patricia is happy doing it). Please give her my congratulations on her well-deserved success, and on another season of "Medium".

Do you have a dream role? An existing character in any medium you want to play more than any other? Also if you had to choose: Beer or Whiskey, and what kind?

Thomas,

I hate to ask a stupid question when you have serious things going on in your life, but I think you are the only clear route to an answer on this question. My wife of fifteen years this monday, is of very similar build to your wife. (5'1", curvy, AKA chesty with a vengence.) As you probably know, if you ever tried to buy clothes for your wife, it is a challenge to find clothes that woman of this body type will find flattering. My wife is always looking for stuff that is somewhere between schoolmarm and "Here are my boobs, I happened to have tagged along with them." Your wife has been wearing a series of blouses this season that my wife has not so subtly identified as flattering and suggested that they would look good on her. (Yes, after years of marriage my density is penetrable.) Based upon the down to earth vibe of the show, I am betting they are off the shelf. I don't want to put your wife in the spot of "endorsing" a product, but could you find out what brand of blouses they are putting her in this season? I am betting it is a product placement deal, but the end credits in Medium are practically non-existent, at least in the Seattle market. There is a brown top with a horizontal divide between tummy and breast line that my wife particularly likes. She is betting it is from a company called "Avenue". The items in their catalog/stores are very similar, but not a perfect match. Again, I would appreciate any direction you could offer. It will save me a lot, "Do you like this one, or this one?" conversations that I am clueless on contributing to. It will also help a woman named Gidget happier about her wardrobe.

Best regards,

Joe

Thomas,

I hate to ask a stupid question when you have serious things going on in your life, but I think you are the only clear route to an answer on this question. My wife of fifteen years this monday, is of very similar build to your wife. (5'1", curvy, AKA chesty with a vengence.) As you probably know, if you ever tried to buy clothes for your wife, it is a challenge to find clothes that woman of this body type will find flattering. My wife is always looking for stuff that is somewhere between schoolmarm and "Here are my boobs, I happened to have tagged along with them." Your wife has been wearing a series of blouses this season that my wife has not so subtly identified as flattering and suggested that they would look good on her. (Yes, after years of marriage my density is penetrable.) Based upon the down to earth vibe of the show, I am betting they are off the shelf. I don't want to put your wife in the spot of "endorsing" a product, but could you find out what brand of blouses they are putting her in this season? I am betting it is a product placement deal, but the end credits in Medium are practically non-existent, at least in the Seattle market. There is a brown top with a horizontal divide between tummy and breast line that my wife particularly likes. She is betting it is from a company called "Avenue". The items in their catalog/stores are very similar, but not a perfect match. Again, I would appreciate any direction you could offer. It will save me a lot, "Do you like this one, or this one?" conversations that I am clueless on contributing to. It will also help a woman named Gidget happier about her wardrobe.

Best regards,

Joe

Not to be pushy about it or anything, but I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this one myself. I love the blouses that she's been wearing on the show this season, and would love to know where she gets them. Thanks in advance. :P

Mediumfan

Not to be too personal or anything, Thomas, and if this is out of line, just say so, or ignore it, but I wanted to ask about something I heard about last week regarding your wife. Not her specifically, but she was on Entertainment Tonight (on her birthday) and was being interviewed, and she was talking about how to donate money either to her mother's breast cancer foundation, or to some cancer foundation in her mother's name. But unfortunately, I didn't record it, and I missed the details of how to donate to this cause.

Any way I could get some information about that, as far as how to donate/make a contribution? I think it's a great cause and very worthy, and would like to do what I can to help spread the word about it, and perhaps make a donation?

Thanks again.

Mediumfan

With Bad Planet being in the vein of the old sci-fi movies and comics and The Lycan comeing up, you seem to be tackeling subject matter that has been, well, almost neglected. It's no secret, your love of the EC Comics. I was just wondering what you have planned after The Lycan or what you'd like to see come up in the future. I only wish there where more books out there that would take the chace on such great stories.

Thomas,

Best regards,

Joe

i also am clueless. sorry joe! the mysteries of the female form have still got me. i know what i like! as for how they dress it up, that's voodoo talk. but if it's on film or TV, you can bet that it's tailor made to her figure. which isn't as expensive as you might think..

Not to be too personal or anything, Thomas, and if this is out of line, just say so, or ignore it, but I wanted to ask about something I heard about last week regarding your wife. Not her specifically, but she was on Entertainment Tonight (on her birthday) and was being interviewed, and she was talking about how to donate money either to her mother's breast cancer foundation, or to some cancer foundation in her mother's name. But unfortunately, I didn't record it, and I missed the details of how to donate to this cause.

Any way I could get some information about that, as far as how to donate/make a contribution? I think it's a great cause and very worthy, and would like to do what I can to help spread the word about it, and perhaps make a donation?

Thanks again.

Mediumfan

'city of light'? lemme do some research (ask the old lady.)

With Bad Planet being in the vein of the old sci-fi movies and comics and The Lycan comeing up, you seem to be tackeling subject matter that has been, well, almost neglected. It's no secret, your love of the EC Comics. I was just wondering what you have planned after The Lycan or what you'd like to see come up in the future. I only wish there where more books out there that would take the chace on such great stories.

thanks pal. i guess i do go for stuff that's lost or outdated or forgotten. like the 3D film i just directed. when i was pitching that, people in Hwood were looking at me like i was dizzy.. now 3D is in the Variety every single day. i guess i'm looking for stuff that hasn't been done in a while, or done well - and looking to put a new spin on it, maybe coming up with something fresh in the bargain.

Tim and I are cooking up a couple things. i've got a script i'm directing next year called 'The Amateur Kind.' it's a throwback action film, something i imagine LEE MARVIN woulda kicked some ass in.

i wanna do a spaghetti western.

i wanna work with walter hill.

a good drama would be nice.

i wanno do an action film where the hero is not good or bad, right or wrong. no back story - he just starts killing and 88 minutes later he's dead. the end.

thanks pal. i guess i do go for stuff that's lost or outdated or forgotten. like the 3D film i just directed. when i was pitching that, people in Hwood were looking at me like i was dizzy.. now 3D is in the Variety every single day. i guess i'm looking for stuff that hasn't been done in a while, or done well - and looking to put a new spin on it, maybe coming up with something fresh in the bargain.

Tim and I are cooking up a couple things. i've got a script i'm directing next year called 'The Amateur Kind.' it's a throwback action film, something i imagine LEE MARVIN woulda kicked some ass in.

i wanna do a spaghetti western.

i wanna work with walter hill.

a good drama would be nice.

i wanno do an action film where the hero is not good or bad, right or wrong. no back story - he just starts killing and 88 minutes later he's dead. the end.

lmao man you think kinda like me haha I come up with crazy ass ideas that are pretty awesome and a lot of em to. Exactly how many ideas for movies or stories do you have thought up, are they still in thoughts, or are you making them into something yet?

TJ- i wanna do an action film where the hero is not good or bad, right or wrong. no back story - he just starts killing and 88 minutes later he's dead. the end.

That's hot. He should kill 86 people. One a minute. And die for 2 minutes.

just a thought.

sveinx

'city of light'? lemme do some research (ask the old lady.)

Thanks so much for your reply, Thomas, and for looking into it for me. As you've probably figured out by now, I am a huge fan of both yours and Patricia's, and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy not only watching your work, but both of you as people, and all the incredible things that you both do for others, such as all the charities that you get involved with, and also the completely totally cool things that you two do, (like making a 3-D movie when everyone thinks it's crazy :lol: ).

If you don't mind, just tell Patricia that she's awesome for me, and how much I love her too. And give her the best from Mediumfan.

Thomas,

Best regards,

Joe

Hey, Joe.

You might try www.bravissimo.com. I'm a girl-person, and after three kids (aged 5 down to 10-and-a-half months) I'm juggier than I used to be. They have just what I was looking for. They're a British company, so shipping time to Canada is the only down-side I've found. Nothing to do with Medium, I know, but I hope this helps you and Gidget out. :)

beaty_boop

Thomas,

Have you ever considered writing or co-writing a script for a film that you may later direct or star in or both? You have some great ideas and have done great work in the comics realm so it was just something I'd been wondering about for a while. Also on another note, I've been a huge Film Noir fan for a few years acctually and when I found out that you were doing 'Dark Country' in a noir style (or perhaps Neo-noir) I got really amped. So I was wondering 1) What is your favorite noir film or at least the one you would most recomend that someone watch? and 2) do you have any plans of coming back to this genre in your future career as a director?

Sorry for asking so many questions in one go. It's great to see you on the boards from time to time. Keep it real.