Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

Ok, I had a look around the Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group, and I did find all the Q&As there that Tom did in 2005 and 2006 for his official site Message Board, plus some exclusive replies for my Group.

They're all Word files in the Interviews folder in the Files section over there.

Per request, I'll post your craz-ee question to Tom and his reply. :P

"Question: Have you decided on whether or not to go by Tom Jane or Thomas Jane?

Maybe a whole new handle, like Johnson Bluetooth or J.T. Bufferpants?

Tom: I was considering Buck for a while... That's the name of a great

dog I knew as a kid. For now I'm going with Thomas, but that could

change depending on what drugs I'm on."

Now, of course, he also goes by TJ - ah, it's so confusing!! :lol: I use Tom because it seems less formal than Thomas and less buddy-buddy than TJ, but who knows what he likes best...

Jen

Good stuff. Thanks Jen.

-JO

hello tom wow its great your doing Q&A thanks alot you probaly don't remember but i meet you at the wizard comic show me and my mom stoped you for a photo with me well any way so tom what do you think about films thes days like horro or sifi they seem to be getting very bad to me what do you think? like the new hollween did you see it?to me it was trash very bad all thes new 2OO7 horror films are just unwatchable what happen to the old days whith films like the thing with great old actors?

Hi, Thomas

I don't know if you remember me, but we met in Baltimore earlier this year when you were promoting The Tripper with David. (Loved it, by the way, and can't wait for the dvd to come out). I might have made a pest of myself because I'm a huge fan of Patricia's as well. I asked you to give her a message for me. If I was a pain, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the bad luck you and Patricia have been having this year. Or at least it seems that way. With Patricia losing out on all the awards this year, I feel really bad for her, but at least she's getting nominated, which is the least that she deserves. But I read about how sick she got while filming Medium earlier this year, and then I heard about your ordeal with the mushroom, and I wanted to send my best wishes. Hope you're feeling better now and that all is well with your whole family.

Thanks and take care.

p.s. I've seen the previews for The Mist and it looks freakin' AWESOME!!! I can't wait for that!!! And 30 Days of Night looks great too. By the way, when can we expect to see Dark Country in theaters? Also, Patricia has said that she kind of twisted your arm to get you to appear in Medium with her. Is that true? If the opportunity arose to work with her again, would you do it? And if you were asked to bring back Clay Bicks, would you do that? I would love to see you and Patricia working together again. You were so great the first time. It was amazing to watch you two together.

Hi Thomas-

Hope all is well and this is a really nice gesture to be in touch with your fans. I hope the feedback blossom into an enriching experience that will further advance your work and style.

Anyways- I have a question for you. What is your favorite Patricia Arquette movie? Have you heard of her? She is really cool.

Where is he anyway? he introduces himself and then dissappears and the only time he came out was to say ,'dude. you wanna pay me to go to the gym? I like BEER and don't you forget it' and then he dissappears again!

Hey T-Bone!

Come out and play

tJane.jpg

Hi, Thomas

Big fan since "Boogie Nights" how did get your mustache to move like that? (The "I want all the drugs scene") That was real cool. Your performance in "Punisher" was great; action film or not. You really nailed the military stuff down; I am a former Marine and it looked like you got some good training for the part.

Too bad your not doing "Punisher 2", but I am sure you where not happy with something in the script; it won't do well without you though. Well, good comeback on the working out comments that was pretty funny. Well best wishes to your family and I will look forward to your future roles. I will be watching and drinking beer.

I might be hesitant to come in here if I were him if I peeked in and saw over 35 (yeah, I counted them) questions to wade through. Might want to slow down a tad bit. JMHO

I might be hesitant to come in here if I were him if I peeked in and saw over 35 (yeah, I counted them) questions to wade through. Might want to slow down a tad bit. JMHO

:lol:

I think the other problem is that he's probably inundated with work-related shenanigans and doesn't have time to read a bunch of fan questions right now... at least that's my opinion. :P

I mean, he can't be intimidated by a bunch of raving, adoring, admiring fans, can he?? :lol:

Jen

What happend to the movie Evilseek, that you was going to make with Wayne Kramer?

Hey TJ Whenever you get back here again and check through all these posts even though it wouldn't be friggin temptin.

Just want to ask Exactly what you did to prepare for the Punisher (2004) movie? I mean I heard ya trained for like 3 months. (were you skinny before you trained and got into shape like that or you were you inbetween?) Just wanna know what your plan was to get into shape for those 3 months.

-Jason

Now that we're back on topic, I just wanted to throw THIS out there.

You have questions for Tom, cool.

But we do ask that you understand that Tom doesn't always have the time to check in here on a regular basis.

Tom will have a presence here, no doubt. But he doesn't have the time to be a regular contributor.

He'll pop in, surprise ya from time to time and maybe get around to answering something for someone.

Just keep in mind that he's not Warren Ellis. He doesn't spend his life keeping up an internet presence (which is no small fete).

Right now Tom is inundated with managing our Comics side, and is taxed heavily preparing to Direct and Star in "Dark Country".

We're currently in preproduction and filming starts in 3 short weeks. Tom is going to be VERY under the gun for the next few months.

But PLEASE, continue to post your questions. I PROMISE you. He will see them.

I'm also compiling a list of questions from this thread to throw his way when we have him on my Podcast.

AND I'll be crediting the poster's. So ask away. If it doesn't get answered here personally it may just make it in when we record our Janecast.

Keep an eye on my forum for news on that.

Thanks for being a part of the RAW forums. We appreciate your patronage.

Cheers - TB

Right now Tom is inundated with managing our Comics side, and is taxed heavily preparing to Direct and Star in "Dark Country".

We're currently in preproduction and filming starts in 3 short weeks. Tom is going to be VERY under the gun for the next few months.

Thanks for being a part of the RAW forums. We appreciate your patronage.

Cheers - TB

Jeez, I take a break from the computer over the weekend and all hell breaks loose on the TJ section of the Forum! :lol: At least it isn't the spammers...

Anyway, thanks Tim for your watchful eye, your cool tone, and your verbose and informational posts! :D

Tis true that Tom is an extremely busy bee, and we must wait with eager patience for his replies. Cool idea Tim about using some questions here in future podcasts. Can't wait to hear them. :)

Jen

You have questions for Tom, cool.

But we do ask that you understand that Tom doesn't always have the time to check in here on a regular basis.

Tom will have a presence here, no doubt. But he doesn't have the time to be a regular contributor.

He'll pop in, surprise ya from time to time and maybe get around to answering something for someone.

Just keep in mind that he's not Warren Ellis. He doesn't spend his life keeping up an internet presence (which is no small fete).

But PLEASE, continue to post your questions. I PROMISE you. He will see them.

I'm also compiling a list of questions from this thread to throw his way when we have him on my Podcast.

AND I'll be crediting the poster's. So ask away. If it doesn't get answered here personally it may just make it in when we record our Janecast.

Keep an eye on my forum for news on that.

That's cool, TB. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to hear the podcast. Looking forward to more news on Dark Country as well.

Mediumfan

What happend to the movie Evilseek, that you was going to make with Wayne Kramer?

Ahhh...I can answer that one. :lol:

It's a no-go. Tom mentioned that a while back in response to some fan questions I sent him for the 2nd Yahoo Group. He didn't give any details as to why not, but it's not happening.

Jen

Hey, Tom. Just wondering what the deal is with the 3-D? Don't get me wrong, I love the hell out of 3-D, but I was just courious what motivated you to want to bring back something that seems almost non-existant these days. I'm glad to see that you are. Can't wait to see Dark Country.

-John

Hey, Tom. Just wondering what the deal is with the 3-D? Don't get me wrong, I love the hell out of 3-D, but I was just courious what motivated you to want to bring back something that seems almost non-existant these days. I'm glad to see that you are. Can't wait to see Dark Country.

-John

JWeber, check out the links I posted in the Dark Country and 3-D Biz is Booming threads. There is a growing interest in 3-D with a lot of new advances being made in the technology. Also there is a lot of talk about other new movies being made in 3-D, such as James Cameron's Avatar 3-D. It's also been rumored that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have 3-D have projects in the works. I myself think this is absolutely fantastic and can't wait to see what's ahead. And it seems as if RAW Studios is at the forefront of this trend.

Check out the articles posted in the above threads if you're interested. Sorry to butt in, but I thought you might be interested in reading the articles.

mediumfan

To add to kwiat skye's question, Tom, how did you choose this particular piece to direct and what makes it so special to you? Also what about this piece makes it suitable for 3-D? Any special visual hooks or storyline related hooks that make 3-D more suited to this project?

And any particular reason you chose to star AND direct in your first directorial effort, as opposed to just directing?

Mediumfan

Tom, was just wondering how it was working with Patricia on the one episode of Medium and what happened to the show? Was it just not getting enough of an audience? I miss it. I loved seeing you on that show:)

Tom, was just wondering how it was working with Patricia on the one episode of Medium and what happened to the show? Was it just not getting enough of an audience? I miss it. I loved seeing you on that show:)

If you don't mind, I can answer part of that question for you. Medium was doing pretty well and it was renewed for another season. But NBC doesn't plan to bring it back until January after football season. Although with the way the new shows are going, it's entirely possible that something could tank and NBC could decide to bring it back sooner, either on Mondays in place of Journeyman (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that) or back on Wednesdays in place of Life. Both of these shows are struggling in the ratings and Medium could get pulled back earlier, like they did last year. But as of now, it's scheduled to return on Sundays at 9 in January. That's not soon enough for me, though.

Mediumfan

If you don't mind, I can answer part of that question for you. Medium was doing pretty well and it was renewed for another season. But NBC doesn't plan to bring it back until January after football season. Although with the way the new shows are going, it's entirely possible that something could tank and NBC could decide to bring it back sooner, either on Mondays in place of Journeyman (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that) or back on Wednesdays in place of Life. Both of these shows are struggling in the ratings and Medium could get pulled back earlier, like they did last year. But as of now, it's scheduled to return on Sundays at 9 in January. That's not soon enough for me, though.

Mediumfan

AH HA ok thanks for that info! I was really hoping it didn't get cancelled.

OTHER FAN QUESTIONS:

From: Brain21 - possible childhood friend and high school friend of yours??

So here are my questions for Tom:

1) Tom, after all these years, I *just* found out what you've been up

to, and am very proud of you! Now, guess who this is...

Do you still have all of your old Mad Magazines and Mad Comic books,

and did you ever manage to get Mad #1 or Mad #5? My parents actually

still have mine, and I never did get #1 or #5...

If you haven't gotten it yet, the last time I saw you was back in ~'89 when you were living in Hollywood near Mann's with Matt. By pure coincidence I was living across the street, and going to music school at the time. I visited you at that apartment just once. The next time I went back to see you, some months later, there was no one home (I think I went back twice). Didn't know if you had moved out or just weren't home. Then around Sept. of '89 I moved away from Hollywood, went back home to Maryland for a couple of months, and then back to Atlanta for college (still living in Atlanta, and my parents still live in the old neighborhood).

Brain21

Hey, Thomas, first I want to say, I saw The Mist last night, and Holy Crap on a stick! That's all I can say. This movie was fantastic, and probably one of my favorite Stephen King movie adaptions yet, right up there with Needful Things, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, and Tommyknockers. And I thought you were fantastic in this. Excellent job by all involved, especially by you, and I salute you all for a job well done, particularly Darabont for his brilliant adaptation, and THAT ENDING!

WOW!! That ending is destined to go down in cinematic history as one of the best, most shocking movie endings ever written or filmed. It was that good.

Which brings me to my question. You've said that The Mist is one of your favorite Stephen King stories. How did you feel about Frank's ending when you read it? Did you feel that it betrayed the original story, or enhanced it? Did it give you any pause about accepting the role? Which ending did you prefer?

I liked King's ending because it was ambiguous, but it still left room for hope. But I loved Darabont's ending because of the sudden twists that it takes (and I mean all of them), but at the same time, his ending was so much more final than King's that it has stayed with me since I left the theater, and I don't think I can shake it. The rest of the movie was great, but I just can't shake that ending.

All I can say is WOW! Great job.

mediumfan

Hey Tom! I just wanted to say that I'm extremely proud of how far you have come along and you are just one of the greatest younger actors in the business today. I asked Tim a few days ago to convince you to jump in on G.I. JOE if you had the chance to. I read an article somewhere where it has you saying that you are kind of turned off by the idea of this movie because it puts a picture in your head of a kid setting his G.I. JOE action figure on fire or some shit. I just think that you would be a perfect addition to the cast. Maybe playing the character of Duke or Flint? I dunno, just a thought. I know you're one of the busiest people on this planet today so I can't really push it. I think everyone would agree with me that you would kick ass in the G.I. JOE movie. Keep up all the good work, I can't wait from the Mutant Chronicles to hit the theaters!

By the way, do you still work out? If not you gotta get on that shit big guy!

And Tim: keep kickin ass buddy. and try to come back occasionally and do a Punisher cover or 2 eh?

Thanks,

Raffi