Tom nominated for 67th Annual Golden Globes for Hung!

sidewaysgaze

I'm terribly disappointed that it went to Alec Baldwin over our man TJ. What a jip! And honestly, I couldn't care less about the GG's but I sat thru this 3 hr long awards show to see our man, and they showed him like twice. Even on the Red Carpet we only just got a quick glance. He did look handsome though. And sitting there with Jane Adams during the show, he looked pretty bored! LOL Well it's over now TJ. Better luck next time---but we all love ya!!!

-Aly

I had my fingers crossed for you Tom. It's unfortunate but still pretty bad ass that you got nominated regardless!

I really wanted Tom to win. I think we need to take the award from Alec and give it to Tom, the deserving actor. Alec didn't even show up. He was the only winner of the night who didn't go. I also wanted Jane Adams to win, as well.

Tom did look very handsome, as usual. I'm just glad that the camera cut to Tom when his name was announced. The editing and camera angles were pretty bad throughout the entire awards show.

Even though you didn't win Tom, I bet you still had fun there at the Golden Globes. You should tell us about the moments you enjoyed at the event. Meet anyone interesting?

Tom, you'll get it next time. Don't worry, I still love you.

I'm sorry that Tom and Jane didn't win - it would have been great to see "new" people win something! It was very sweet, though, how Tom cheered when they announced Jane's name and gave his costar a kiss on the cheek. Loved the support and camaraderie. I DVR'd some of the pre-show stuff and could see Tom and Patricia "wade" through the damp red carpet - that was fun to find them here and there! Thanks for putting up with the "pomp and hooey" so we could cheer for you! Yay! :D

I was hoping that the two Jane's would win. Well, at least it was a nomination, the show just got started. Maybe next year :)

Exactly! The show just got started and new shows rarely get picked up for an award. The 2 nominations were cool, but hey....here's to next year!!!!

I tried to watch and record 3 different Red Carpet shows, but the DVR couldn't take it! :lol:

There were brief clips of Tom and Patricia in the NBC, E!, and TV Guide red carpet shows, and then Tom was shown twice during the Golden Globes broadcast, for his nom, and then when Jane Adams was nominated because they were sitting together and chatting right when Jane's name was called.

Jen

LA Times Tweets from the Golden Globes and says:

"6:18 p.m.: In the smoking lounge overlooking the pool, Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane called back home as Jane smoked a cigar. "Can you see us on TV?" Jane asked. "We love you!" said Arquette. Then Jane started clapping when "Grey Gardens" won. -- D.M."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/201...og-twitter.html

and

writer at TV Squad picks faves for Golden Globes after the fact:

"Thomas Jane cracked me up with his portrayal of a male prostitute in Hung."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/01/18/michael-...n-globe-awards/

and

Blogger comments about Hung:

"Thomas Jane is nominated for Hung (which is hilarious! and I hope is renewed! We were left hanging last season! haha!)"

http://www.thescribesdesk.com/?p=955

Jen

Archived