Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Kick-Ass

Mark Strong is also in this. That guy is busy.

I got passes to the Hollywood premiere of this on Tuesday night! Jordan Raskin and I are going. Can't wait to see it.

I enjoyed the movie. It's fun. Way over-hyped based on what I heard from people who were at BUTT NUMB-A-THON. It's not great.

That being said, I'd love to see a HIT GIRL movie. She's the best thing about it. I'm much less interested in a KICK-ASS 2 though.

I also loved BIG DADDY!

Saw a few famous faces in the lobby afterwards: Elizabeth Banks, John Romita Jr., Hayden Panetierre, and Ed O'Ross.

Ran into Jimmy Palmiotti afterwards. Met him many times, but he never remembers me. He said hi to Jordan. Jimmy didn't get into the Dome where the premiere was. In his words, he saw it in the "kiddie table" theater which was mostly empty.

Fun night though and most of the cast was there as well.

Loved Cage. My favorite Disney movie of the year ;)

Only one problem, same as the book: Big Daddy. That was the one thing I really hoped they would have changed.

Only one problem, same as the book: Big Daddy. That was the one thing I really hoped they would have changed.

Well they kinda did in regards to his origin, which was for the better and mad e the character seem less like a psychotic bastard.

Well they kinda did in regards to his origin, which was for the better and mad e the character seem less like a psychotic bastard.

There was that, but I was hoping they would have changed the outcome of the character.

That was a big letdown for me. And there's more I want to say about that, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. They really sold that character out.

There was that, but I was hoping they would have changed the outcome of the character.

Yeah, that was too bad.

With this and Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, I actually find myself anticipating Nic Cage movies now, I can't wait for Drive Angry.

I deffinatly wanted to see more of Big Daddy. The whole destuction of the lumber wherehouse was amazing.

Mike- I agree with you on Cage. I've always liked the guy, and have been able to forgive him for some of the films he has done in the past, but about two years ago I was getting ready to give up on him. Bad Lieutenant was a nice return to form. Can't wait to see Drive Angry.

Loved the movie. Big disappointment with Big Daddy biting the dust... but his last scene was great at least. It was just as emotional for me as when I saw Punisher (2nd) running for his dead wife and kid (or mad max for that matter). All those instructions he was yelling to her, "Use the Kryptoniiiiiteee!". You just see that Hit-Girl are vulnerable too, and how much her dad means to her. Strong and great scene. :)

Hopefully a Kick-Ass 2 will see some fleshing out of the Kick-Ass character. He's kind of like Rocky Balboa, in the sense that he can sustain helluva lot of beating. haha ;)