Sign in to follow this  
Kristyn

Get on the list ASAP for our exclusive Halloween screening of DARK COUNTRY

As an addendum to last week's post, the screening will NOW take place on Tuesday, October 27th @ 8:15 p.m. at the Clarity Theatre in Beverly Hills. There will still be PRIZES for best costume and a Q & A with the cast after the show! Room is extremely limited so email darkcountryscreening@gmail.com to reserve a seat! Look forward to seeing you there!

Tom just sent me this -

1st ANNUAL

!!HALLOWEEN SCREENING!!

!!!IN SUPER-TERROR 3D!!!

!!!FREE!!!

EMAIL NOW FOR TIX!

LIMITED SEATING!

Q&A WITH DIRECTOR AND STAR

THOMAS JANE & SPECIAL GUESTS!

’BEST DEAD WIFE’ COSTUME CONTEST

PRIZES+GIVEAWAYS+

ONE NIGHT ONLY CLARITY THEATER

TUESDAY OCT. 27TH 8:00PM

100 N. CRESCENT DR. BEVERLY HILLS

RSVP TO

DARKCOUNTRYSCREENING@GMAIL.COM

!!!FREE!!!

That's what is going on the limited edition poster Tom will be pasting all over LA on Thursday in comics shops and nudie booths.

None other than our own BRIAN EWING - World famous Rock Poster genius is designing around my Bloodyface/Spectre Of The Road poster art.

We'll post the goodies here after Brian has worked his mojo on the muthafucka.

- tb

That's what is going on the limited edition poster Tom will be pasting all over LA on Thursday in comics shops and nudie booths.

None other than our own BRIAN EWING - World famous Rock Poster genius is designing around my Bloodyface/Spectre Of The Road poster art.

We'll post the goodies here after Brian has worked his mojo on the muthafucka.

- tb

If I lived in LA, I really wonder where exactly I would have found one of those posters.

’BEST DEAD WIFE’ COSTUME CONTEST

Being Cali... Better hope that they aren't really dead... :rolleyes:

Sigh... I'd love to live in California, except the sheer idiocy of the some of the legislation there is scary in itself.

Being Cali... Better hope that they aren't really dead... :rolleyes:

Sigh... I'd love to live in California, except the sheer idiocy of the some of the legislation there is scary in itself.

I believe necrophilia is illegal in California yet texting while driving isn't...In any case, will start to spread the word!

Guest AdminGuyX

I dig the event poster!

It makes me wonder what a more artistic and sequential collaboration between Tim and Brian might look like.

;)

Told an LA based friend about this over the w/e. Hope she can make it in my stead. Have a great time tonight guys!

Moseyed on down to the Clarity theater last night, its around the corner from my work. Ran into a gentleman dressed as Hulk Hogan and quickly introduced myself to Mr. Bradstreet, he's a big dude! Kristyn and Mr. Jane were running around setting up, decorating, etc. The place was extremely nice, held offices for many big, big companies. There was even a small trio of string musicians playing before the screening started. Looked like the place was filled up and after a brief intro from Mr. Jane we got started. Hadn't actually watched Dark Country yet so seeing it on the big screen in 3D was pretty terrific. All of the green screened mattes that seemed a little "fake" on a TV looked fantastic and seamless thrown up on a larger canvas. Didn't know what to expect from the 3D. There were very few gimmicky, hand coming at you gags and immersion really is the word to describe the experience.

Afterward, Mr. Bradstreet and Mr. Jane fielded a few questions and I got in the last one. Missed out on snagging a tee-shirt but I had a couple from the Long Beach Con/The Mist screening. They had posters, decals and bolsa wood gliders! up for grabs. Totally forgot my camera as I would have loved to snap a shot of Mr. Bradstreet and Mr. Jane to post here. Crowd was a little subdued, I hope they do more screenings at Cons where the core audience really enhances the viewing. A very cool way to spend an evening and I hope more people get to see it this way.

Ya know, I only spotted one or two for the "Dead Wife" contest. One woman I couldn't quite tell, she looked a bit pale and was in black. But she was probably just an actress.

Ya know, I only spotted one or two for the "Dead Wife" contest. One woman I couldn't quite tell, she looked a bit pale and was in black. But she was probably just an actress.

Thanks for showing up and hanging out Vien, sorry we didn't get more of an opportunity to yap.

Those things can be a little nutty ;)

- TB

Didn't know what to expect from the 3D. There were very few gimmicky, hand coming at you gags and immersion really is the word to describe the experience.

I like your use of the word immersion. I've only seen the flick on my TV, but from everything I've read on this forum and in interviews, immersion 3D, imho is what Jane and Boyle were aiming for. You all can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Immersion 3D, to me, sounds different from standard 3D, innovative and cutting edge tech. In contrast, and I apologize in advance, Super Terror 3D sounds like the old, gimmicky stuff. That might work for a convention audience. I don't know. But if you plan to take this flick to independent theaters, I would go with Immersion 3D.

Terror seems like a misnomer to me anyway. The flick is creepy, eerie, unsettling. I wouldn't describe it as super terrifying. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm missing something by NOT seeing it in 3D. I don't know.

This is just my opinion. Feel free to disregard if it offends. That's not my intent.

I like your use of the word immersion. I've only seen the flick on my TV, but from everything I've read on this forum and in interviews, immersion 3D, imho is what Jane and Boyle were aiming for. You all can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Immersion 3D, to me, sounds different from standard 3D, innovative and cutting edge tech. In contrast, and I apologize in advance, Super Terror 3D sounds like the old, gimmicky stuff. That might work for a convention audience. I don't know. But if you plan to take this flick to independent theaters, I would go with Immersion 3D.

Terror seems like a misnomer to me anyway. The flick is creepy, eerie, unsettling. I wouldn't describe it as super terrifying. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm missing something by NOT seeing it in 3D. I don't know.

This is just my opinion. Feel free to disregard if it offends. That's not my intent.

I'm not a 3D expert but the shift towards "immersion" versus "shit coming at you" seems to be the way filmmakers are using 3D technology to enhance the film going experience that you cannot replicate at home. That's what James Cameron is doing with Avatar, basically putting you right there in the jungle with the action.

Agree that the movie isn't exactly a "terror" but it fit the frame of what I believe Mr. Jane and crew were going for that nights screening. Just an old, throwback, drive in experience. But the audience was a bit reserved and again, as you said, Dark Country is weird and eerie, not overly scary.

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet but here's a pretty great review from Robert Fure over at Film School Rejects from the Halloween screening. It's a nice perspective as he's probably one of the only film critics to have seen it in 2D and 3D.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#2Is6n5/www.f...y-3d-robfr.php/

Mark