TheSuperbeast

The Walking Dead!

I really would have liked to seen him play The Governor, that could have been a nice role were he could just be a bastard and have some fun.

Just heard through the grapevine that at least one of the main actors from TWD is getting the fuck out of Dodge.

I don't think it's public who the actor is, and YES, it is a direct result of Darabont being kicked to the curb.

He's not the only one that has seriously considered it. My info is that he won't be the only one.

Already there has been crew who have walked, but they aren't 'stars' so that hardly makes news.

I've not read deep into the WD comic series so I'm not sure how that effects character continuity.

Though that should hardly be a concern for AMC execs since they reportedly 'threatened' actors not to talk about the Darabont dismissal, reminding them that they all worked on a ZOMBIE show.

- tb

I wouldn't be surprised if it's DeMunn, that's pretty much the obvious choice considering his relationship with Darabont.

Neglecting the "he" in Tim's post, I coud see it either being DeMunn or Laurie Holden (whom, I think would be amazing in the LA Noir project). Early reading about Frank's firing, I remeber the statment about the "threats" if anyone spoke out in the media about what happened. Damn shame, but at the same time, if the group falls apart, that's not going to bode well for the show. It was either really arrogant, or ballsy to risk a major cast change-up.

I know a lot of big characters are killed off in the comic, but I'm not sure if that's going to fly on television. If it is DeMunn, I could see most viewers not caring too much. He's just the "old man". Until the last few episodes, they have yet to give him anything with depth to do, but if he goes, it could be a blow to the original group of actors and crew who came in with Frank.

Though, he didn't make it in the book, Shane has been a pretty big part of the t.v. show. But it looks like that is about to end: http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/181743-la-noir-casting-hints-at-possible-walking-dead-departure

As great as the book is, and working with Gale, I'm sure there were quite a bit of folks who signed up just to work with Frank. This comes as a bit of a surprise, but if Frank reached back out and offered the lead in a series, it would be silly to turn him down.

I always thought it was pretty inevitable that Shane would die, and at the same time kinda surprised he's the one leaving.

the dead is still alive with it's return last night...12.3million views! the biggest yet! i'm still enjoying it and looks like it will really pick up next week.