TheSuperbeast

The Walking Dead!

Guest AdminGuyX

That's it. THAT IS IT. Frank Darabont is officially the patron saint of bad ass story tellers who get fucked over.

Where the fuck do I start?

Indiana Jones?

Mission Impossible?

Fahrenheit 451????? - this one still stings me.

Jesus H. Christ on a cross with bubble gum and lollipops!!!! I am outraged.

Darabont should be able to write his own ticket man. I wish I was a billionaire. I'd hand him 100 mill and say "Make the film you want to make, tell the story you want to tell. If you need more, call me."

He's a genius, he's a blade runner fan, he's a good man.

Those elements alone should mean great things will come to him. Now, listen, I know he's had his fair share of success and accolades. And the people who matter see this one for what it is. That doesn't mean he got any less fucked over, and in kind, so do we his fans and viewers.

It just flat out sucks.

I can just imagine the meetings that went on behind Darabont’s back. <_<

This just proves my point that there are a lot of people in the entertainment industry who don’t know anything about entertainment. If you have something that works, why mess with it? :huh:

How can they logically expect high ratings? Yes, I get that The Walking Dead comics made an impression, but many fans have to admit that the fact that Frank Darabont was running the show made it even more appealing. Many fans of it had to have said, "Frank Darabont & The Walking Dead!? This I GOTTA see!"

After all Darabont’s done, this is how they repay him? Seriously!?

If I was a cast member of this show, I'd find it very hard to keep my mouth shut about this whole situation. The timing of this decision upsets me, as well.

Those execs just made a huge mistake that they will find themselves regretting.

Film fans know who Frank Darabont is, and the pedigree that comes with his work. The average jackoff that doesn't give a shit about who directed what movie, probably isn't going to care that Darabont is off and just cares about watching zombies. Unless the season ends up as a cluster fuck, the ratings will probably stay good. As fucked as it is to say.

That's kinda ironic considering Sutter was extremely pissed that Darabont poached one of his editors for The Walking Dead.

Interesting comments from the creator of Sons of Anarchy about the mess with Darabont and AMC. His take is that the showrunner of Mad Men was demanding more money and basically held the network hostage, so their other shows like Walking Dead and Breaking Bad got shafted in the process. Don't know all the facts myself, but it kind of makes sense given that Mad Men is the show that has been getting them all of the awards nominations and attention, so they're going to do whatever is necessary to keep the showrunner happy. Doesn't matter that their other shows are just as good and award-worthy. Mad Men is the one the critics love so that's the one the network throws the most money at.

Dumb.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Sons_of_Anar...wrunner/7827886

Wow...AMC can kiss my ass. I won't give this watered down version of a fantastic show any of my time. I respect Mr. Darabont for sticking to his guns, and Mr. Bradstreet for saying everything that I wanted to say in his earlier posts.

The premiere was pretty good, there were some clunky bits of dialogue though.

Guest AdminGuyX

The show was a ratings juggernaut. Posted big numbers and beat even network shows in it's time slot.

I thought the episode was entertaining, but not real satisfying on the story front. And I hate that they drug out the missing little girl in the woods thing past the premier.

Agree with you Noeland on the missing Sophia plot dragging out. The ending shocker really takes away from her gone missing. My favorite zombie besides the one in the park in season 1 is the RV zombie. For television, they have some great looking zomebies.

I also noticed Frank's name in the opening credits as show creator and as a producer. I wonder how long it will be before they pull it?

He'll most likely keep the developed by credit, and I'm guessing the executive producer credit will stay on for at least the first half of the season.

Just saw the first episode of season 2. Good stuff so far. Hopefully it'll stay that way this season.

Pretty good episode last night, a nice (and fucked up) twist at the end there.

That was a nice twist. The thing with Shane is

that in the book he was killed off

, so they have free reign with him now. They can still take his character in so many ways. That moment itself, while messed up, still could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing depending on the angle you look at it. With Carl getting shot, we have not seen a lot of Hershal's farm. I wonder if the "barn" is going to be part of this season?

This could have been cool. Darabont's "lost" Walking Dead episode that will never be.

Sucks right?

And that's just ONE example.

Oh, the tales I only wish we could tell ;)

BIG props to Sam for stepping up and saying things many in the know are too cautious to say.

I don't wish this show the worst, too many folks I/we know or respect still very much a part of it.

Losing Frank is paramount to the very worst thing that could have happened where WD is concerned.

Will be interesting to see how the second half of the season shapes up. Still should be a lot of Darabont groundwork on display, but it will be telling.

Season 3, with absolutely no Frank involved will be an honest view of what his absence means.

Damn.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

I've enjoyed Being Human to my surprise. That episode would have been twice as awesome since now some fans of walking dead know that actor more too.

Whatever Darabont has in the works now, well, I look forward to it.

Frank is very busy. More on that soon!

As for Being human, I followed the Brit original for a season but have not checked out the Yankee version yet.

Pretty good?

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

I like it. I try and ignore that it's on SyFy. ;) It's not trying to be the next big thing, or reinvent the wheel. It's a bit different than the brit version, but I've only seen a few episodes of that. I don't know the US version suffers in comparison or not.

As for Walking Dead, the loss of Darabont, and the budget, hurt the show creatively and it shows. I liked the finale' episode quite a lot, but there was some moments this season that I felt were just flat out poorly done. And you can tell the budget has been cut. It is painfully obvious.

Frank is very busy. More on that soon!

As for Being human, I followed the Brit original for a season but have not checked out the Yankee version yet.

Pretty good?

- TB

It's okay, it's really best when the roommates are joking around with each other, than the more dramatic stuff that goes on. Mark Pellegrino is pretty great though.

The downside they go CGI with the werewolf, on plus they went with a bit of a An American Werewolf in London homage with the look. For a pretty low budget SyFy Channel series, the CGI doesn't look that bad, I mean it looks a lot better than most of what appears on Terra Nova.

Frank's opener would have been amazing. Damn. I suppose Jane getting involved is kind of out of the question now, too?

The show is still good, but I thought the season really drug on with the search for Sophia. It paid off in the end, but man did it drag leading up. I hope the second half does a better job.

I'm actually not sure if that lost episode would have/could have aired as a season 2 opener. They were already in production at the time of Darabont's firing and had of course not filmed that yet.

I spoke at length to Frank at Comicon and at dinner that weekend (had a nice chat with Sam too), and he was playing with the idea of when to direct a show again.

He had two options, second half of second season or the last episode of season 2. I was trying to convince him to do the last episode so he'd have bookend directorial efforts between S1 and 2.

But if the lost episode was going to be the episode he directed then it would have made much better sense to have done that as S2, Episode 8, kicking off the second half of the season with a BANG!

I don't think that's the kind of episode you want to END the season with.

It's sucks we won't see that, but I CAN certainly visualize it in my head, even to the degree that in my mind that whole lost scenario is now part of the mythology for me.

- TB

PS - And yeah, I wouldn't count on seeing Jane show up on WD. That idea likely flew with Frank's departure.

Damn it all.