TheSuperbeast

The Walking Dead!

Mike V, do you know if they add DVR'd shows to the ratings? Just curious...

No idea.

Mike V, do you know if they add DVR'd shows to the ratings? Just curious...

DVR'd shows are included only if they are watched in the same day (same day hours are from 3 am to 3 am)

DVR'd shows are included only if they are watched in the same day (same day hours are from 3 am to 3 am)

Really? How do they know when I watch it if it's DVR'd?

Episode 2, it wasn't on the level of the first episode but it was damn good nonetheless, it was great seeing Rooker, I hope he sticks around for a while on the show. Word is it just got picked up for a 13 episode second season.

I think it's brilliant to see some of Darabont's regular players in this ;)

Jeff DeMunn has the most seniority having appeared in Shawshank, Green Mile, The Majestic, The Mist, and now WD.

Laurie Holden is a 3-time Darabont player - The Majestic, The Mist, and now WD.

Wonder when we're going to see William Sadler and Brian Libby ;)

Libby has appeared in EVERY film Darabont has done ;)

I touched base with Frank last week to tell him how much I loved that pilot and he responded right away, pleased as punch ;)

For all the great work he's done he's still under-appreciated, and still just as nervous over the reception of his work as the next creator.

I'm sure he knew WD was pretty damn good but it always helps when that is backed up by an unbiased eye.

I loved the slower pacing and set-up of the first episode and Lennie James was a stand-out performer. Hope we see him again.

Here's a snippet of the message I sent Frank which also sums up my feelings on the pilot episode -

"I loved the pacing and the lonely atmosphere you laid on to introduce this world.

We're all great fans of Post Apocalyptic done right and there is a wonderful sense of scale to the sets that contrasts so bloody well with the (seemingly) peaceful country.

Melton (the production designer) and his team did an outstanding job creating those contrasts. The Hospital interiors were absolutely ghastly and you really felt that Grimes slept through a full-scale riot of WAR.

Then you walk outside with Grimes into what felt like a scene from Gone With the Wind - Atlanta - with bodies lined up, the last bastion of organization before chaos inevitably usurps all authority.

The shot with Grimes at the door written DO NOT OPEN . . . was horribly chilling.

But back to the pacing, I love the slow build and the quiet scenes - It's isolation personified. Grimes following the trail of the poor (torn in half) woman. I remember you telling me about that gal - It's fucking haunting, and sad.

As much as she wants to eat his liver you cannot help but feel sympathy and that comes off so well with the way Lincoln plays that scene.

The tank scene had me rigid with tension. I felt like it was ME in about 100 nightmares I've had where I'm in a similar situation - Though in my freaking dreams it's always a prop gun or a real gun that has NO ammo!

Needless to say, that was AWESOME."

I too would have loved it if Episode 1 had been longer but hey, it's a series so in a sense it's all one big episode ;)

Episode 2 somehow felt VERY short to me, but I think it's because you get so hung up on the stress of the situation that it suspends time in a way ;)

Was great to see Rooker ;)

Hopefully we'll see some of the other Darabont Regulars show up. I'd kill to see Clancy Brown!

Great stuff - MORE, MORE!

- TB

I think it's brilliant to see some of Darabont's regular players in this ;)

Jeff DeMunn has the most seniority having appeared in Shawshank, Green Mile, The Majestic, The Mist, and now WD.

Laurie Holden is a 3-time Darabont player - The Majestic, The Mist, and now WD.

Wonder when we're going to see William Sadler and Brian Libby ;)

Libby has appeared in EVERY film Darabont has done ;)

Hopefully we'll see some of the other Darabont Regulars show up. I'd kill to see Clancy Brown!

Great stuff - MORE, MORE!

- TB

Dude, Sadler as Otis and Clancy Brown as Herschel Greene in season 2. That's about as perfect casting as one could think of for those characters. And even though it doesn't need to be mentioned again, Jane as the Governor.

I bet Laurie Holden is getting paranoid of store front doors and windows.

All she had to say was that her husband gave her the handgun and the deja vu would have been complete ;)

Episode 3 was awesome. From the cold open with Rooker and the zombies beating on the door, to Rick being reunited with his family those were some great moments. Also I really like what they are doing with Shane, not making him an outright asshole like the comic did. Plus, I'm sucker for any character that beats the shit out of wife beaters.

Great show. I just remember there's only six episodes this season :( Oh well, at least we have thirteen next year. So, for anyone who read the comics, does the show stick fairly close to them?

Great show. I just remember there's only six episodes this season :( Oh well, at least we have thirteen next year. So, for anyone who read the comics, does the show stick fairly close to them?

Certain things, but Darabont and everyone have already said that they will be diverging from the comic. Which is for the best.

With the first season done, I gotta say it came out kinda uneven. The Pilot was great and the following two episodes were pretty good. But episodes 4, 5 and 6, while having their moments felt off compared to the earlier episodes.

With the first season done, I gotta say it came out kinda uneven. The Pilot was great and the following two episodes were pretty good. But episodes 4, 5 and 6, while having there moments felt off compared to the earlier episodes.

Do you think you feel that way because there was less zombie action in the last couple of episodes? It may be a show with zombies, but it is essentially about how people cope with an extreme situation.

I just don't know why a guy would choose to hack saw through his wrist instead of the bolt that he was handcuffed to.

I just don't know why a guy would choose to hack saw through his wrist instead of the bolt that he was handcuffed to.

I was thinking the same thing. I suppose they thought they needed more blood in the show :lol:

It makes no sense, but it will give reason for Rooker to be compleatly off his rocker in the show.

Other than that, I like the show so far. Six episodes is too few. Now we have a whole year to wait.

I think it would be great if they wrote that into the story by having Rick say, "you know you could have sawed the bolt instead."

Guest AdminGuyX

Maybe they were trying to show us just how stupid the character really is.

;)