TheSuperbeast

The Walking Dead!

The tax incentive thing is a bit crazy. You would think L.A. would jump on the band-wagon to some extent. Maybe a sliding scale based on production size. I know it does not make sense for every film to get huge tax cut in L.A., but they need to do something if they want production to stay in town.

Here in Minnesota, we are seeing the same thing. Michigan is taking away a lot of films that are looking to film here. Most notably, Gran Torino. The script even takes place in MN, but due to the tax incentives offered by Michigan, Clint took production next door. Can't say I blame them in today's economy. I wish MN would loosen up a bit.

As for The Walking Dead, I can't wait to see this. I wish there was some better video of the pannel online. Would have loved to hear Frank talk about it. I'm pleased to see they're giving Kirkman a shot at writing some episodes.

Yeah, they decided to shoot The Irishman (now apparently titled Kill the Irishman) in Detroit instead of Cleveland. It's cheaper and looks more like a shit hole in Detroit. Though Collinwood is still just as shitty now as it was in the '70s.

Also, here's a thought. Jane as the Governor, it'd be nice to see him play a bastard on screen.

Um, when isn't he sexy? :P

Very true, Aly! Tom can pull off anything. :D

They'd be foolish not to give him the Governor role. Jane + eye patch + stache = awesome.

Agreed! I would love to see Tom with that look.

I really do love that zombies are taking over from the vampires. I just never really got into the Ann Rice-vampire thing and this Twilight/True Blood thing barely registers for me. Admittedly, the modern zombie is a combo of zombie & vampire a la Romero's Night of the Living Dead. But it makes me wonder if there's a cycle here? There was a zombie zeitgeist in the 20's-30's that presaged WWII. Then the zombie zeal of the 50's-60's was followed by the civil rights movement.

I'd love to ask Darabont if he thinks zombies are a leading indicator of sociocultural change.

I've seen several clips and read through the graphic novels so my direct conclusion is that AMC will do for zombies what they did for style with mad men. Also it's Frank Darabont, the creepiness of the mist ringing in my ears.

James

The show couldn't be on a better network, AMC has been 3 for 3 so far with their shows The Walking Dead will make 4 for 4. (The Prisoner mini-series was an interesting failure).

Also, I just came across this sizzle reel. There are a few new scenes and a few shots of the blood/gore that will be in the show.

Very good! Can not wait to see more. The only distracting thing for me is that I thought the actor playing Rick looked a lot like Tom ;)

The show is as good as the comics. If they stick to what the pilot was, we have some good t.v. coming our way. If you read the trades, they made it about 1/2 way through book 1. Loved the ending.

The show is as good as the comics. If they stick to what the pilot was, we have some good t.v. coming our way. If you read the trades, they made it about 1/2 way through book 1. Loved the ending.

I think the show is going to end up being better than the comic, honestly.

Except for a few instance of some wonky looking CG blood, the premiere was damn near perfect. And with a reported 5.3 million viewers, a second season is most definitely a lock. AMC is now 4 for 4 with their shows in my opinion.

Guest AdminGuyX

I certainly liked the show better than the comic book. I thought the premier was flat out amazing. Best thing I've seen on TV in a really long time.

I certainly liked the show better than the comic book. I thought the premier was flat out amazing. Best thing I've seen on TV in a really long time.

You didn't like the comics? I have to say I LOVE them and the show lived up to my love for the books. A rarity. My only complaint is that the pilot was too SHORT and I hear there will only be SIX episodes for season 1. :(

The pilot was amazing. I was literally glued to the TV the entire time. I actually hooked up my TV to my surround sound (Normally only listen to surround on movies) in anticipation. I can't wait for the next episode. Mr. Darabont, you've done it again!!!

I think the show is going to end up being better than the comic, honestly.

Except for a few instance of some wonky looking CG blood, the premiere was damn near perfect. And with a reported 5.3 million viewers, a second season is most definitely a lock. AMC is now 4 for 4 with their shows in my opinion.

Mike V, do you know if they add DVR'd shows to the ratings? Just curious...

Guest AdminGuyX
You didn't like the comics? I have to say I LOVE them and the show lived up to my love for the books. A rarity. My only complaint is that the pilot was too SHORT and I hear there will only be SIX episodes for season 1. :(

No, I like the comics a lot. I don't love them though. I loved the show!

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed by such a short season too. But if it means they spend more per episode, I can deal. And season 2 is longer, so that's something.