TheSuperbeast

The Walking Dead!

Jeffrey DeMunn has just been cast, I wouldn't be surprised if William Sadler was cast next.

I've been enjoying Sadler on Pacific, though he needs more screen time. So far, the casting has been shaping up pretty damn good. Still bummed that filming HUNG overlaps with this. Let's hold out for that cameo ;)

The gore really became a non-issue for me. Mostly because of, like the article says, what Breaking Bad was able to get away with. But, also from Supernatural which is on the fucking CW, and that's pretty damn gory for a network show.

So stoked for this one. Apparently, they are only casting Georgia locals and folks from L.A. so my agency isn't putting in for it. I need an angle.

Guest AdminGuyX

This makes me wish I still lived in Atlanta!! :)

I'd love to have been involved in this in any way at all.

I can't remember which interview it was now, but The Walking Dead will be in color. I guess it's smart move for the most part. I would like to see it in B&W though, as a fan. Maybe we'll get something on the DVD like The Mist. I still don't think I've watched The Mist in color more than once since picking it up.

I can't remember which interview it was now, but The Walking Dead will be in color. I guess it's smart move for the most part. I would like to see it in B&W though, as a fan. Maybe we'll get something on the DVD like The Mist. I still don't think I've watched The Mist in color more than once since picking it up.

It's doubtful. The big reason for it to be done in black and white (other than the fact that the comic is done in that way), is the blood. But, AMC has given them pretty much free reign in that regard.

Here's the teaser poster for Comic Con. Thinking about it now, it really sucks that Darabont couldn't have stayed on and done all six episodes for season 1.

walkingdeadsdccteaser.jpg

The footage they showed at Comic-Con was very cool. So excited to see Lennie James in this.

It was a great panel too. Darabont had a fantastic quote that killed everyone in the room. Gale Anne Hurd was cracking up.

A makeup artist from L.A. questioned why they were shooting in Georgia and turned things very serious about productions leaving L.A. and how many people are out of work. Darabont said he would love to shoot in L.A. and loves sleeping in his own bed, but L.A. doesn't have tax incentives. Georgia is giving them back 50 cents on the dollar. Then he said that on this production, they're making every dollar count. "We're stretching the dollar so much on this series that the eagle is screaming."

The footage was intense and violent and apparently they had to tone it down for Comic-Con! So they'll be getting away with a lot of gore on AMC.

The tax incentive thing is a bit crazy. You would think L.A. would jump on the band-wagon to some extent. Maybe a sliding scale based on production size. I know it does not make sense for every film to get huge tax cut in L.A., but they need to do something if they want production to stay in town.

Here in Minnesota, we are seeing the same thing. Michigan is taking away a lot of films that are looking to film here. Most notably, Gran Torino. The script even takes place in MN, but due to the tax incentives offered by Michigan, Clint took production next door. Can't say I blame them in today's economy. I wish MN would loosen up a bit.

As for The Walking Dead, I can't wait to see this. I wish there was some better video of the pannel online. Would have loved to hear Frank talk about it. I'm pleased to see they're giving Kirkman a shot at writing some episodes.

I wish there was some better video of the pannel online. Would have loved to hear Frank talk about it.

I audio recorded the panel for Creative Screenwriting magazine. I recorded a bunch of panels for them and they're going to release them in their iTunes podcast series. Just search for Creative Screenwriting.

Jeff Goldsmith said he's going to release them periodically in the coming months, so I don't know when this one will show up.