Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country Production Diary Feedback

Nothing to get worked up about. Probably won't happen.

But it could . . .

I'll let folks know if it indeed comes my way.

- TB

The more time that goes by the less likely it is that I might become involved.

Love to whore you to them Fred but they're filming in Thailand and I'm not sure who is doing the casting.

More news if I get any :blink:

- TB

Guest FADoss
best of luck with it Tim and best wishes for 2008.

happy new year to all my raw brothers!

RIGHT BACK AT YA!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I think I'm having withdrawl symptoms from not being able to read the Dark Country production diary any more...!! :blink:

I hope it all can be put back up on the Forum soon. :)

Jen

Should be able to put everything back up there shortly.

Incidentally, I was up in LA yesterday hanging out with Tom and Dark Country editor, Bob Lambert.

The film is really coming together. They are not too far from turning in their first edit of the film.

Lots of post production work still going on behind the scenes, and I hope to be able to announce the addition of a wonderful talent to our team very soon.

We really got lucky getting this cat onboard and when you find out who it is people are going to be fucking stoked.

Also got a look at the full 3-D sizzle real/trailer that Ray Zone introduced at Sundance a few weeks back.

WOW. Absolute Dynamite.

More news soon.

- TB

With post production still going on this is probably an early question. But I was wondering what distribution is going to be like. These forums are the first i've heard of the film (i'm not much of an online presence) and around here smaller movies tend to come and go without ever gracing our theaters. I'm also not aware of whether a theater would have to have any special considerations made for a 3-D film.

Orion,

We're not even sure how wide theatrical distribution will be for Dark Country.

That really falls under the studio's (SONY) jurisdiction.

Right now they're waiting to see what they have, waiting for the first rough edit.

We'll know a lot more in the coming months and we'll keep everyone apprised of how that plays out.

It should also be said that Dark Country will not only be distributed to theaters showing it in it's full 3D capacity, but will be released in 2D in large portions as well.

So if you don't have a local theater that has the ability to show the film in 3D there is a good chance you'll at least get to see it in 2D.

And from where I stand, seeing it in 2D should be a great experience of it's own.

- TB

Will fans get a sneak preview, possibly Q&A session and/or webcast?

Just read your latest entry and that is soooooooooo kewl Tim! I cannot wait to see this movie. The curiousity is killing me to know who is going to play The Sheriff. Any more hints please?

It should also be said that Dark Country will not only be distributed to theaters showing it in it's full 3D capacity, but will be released in 2D in large portions as well.

So if you don't have a local theater that has the ability to show the film in 3D there is a good chance you'll at least get to see it in 2D.

And from where I stand, seeing it in 2D should be a great experience of it's own.

- TB

Good to know. 2D is the format I'll be watching it in. I'm looking forward to this movie - to find out what the mysterious storyline is. Just hoping Jane's character doesn't die in the end. I hate when that happens. :o

You know Tim, the way you phrase your words in your posts, makes the reader feel like you are right there in the glorious mix of it. Thank you!

Thanks for reposting all of that, Tim. It was just as much fun reading it the second time around. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the post-production work and what kind of musical feel you guys are going for? Just curious, are you planning to go with an all-score track, or will there be vocals on it as well? Are you going with all-original music written just for the movie, or might you incorporate some other previously recorded stuff on it? With the dark theme of the movie, I'd bet the music is going to be pretty moody, or are you hoping to go with something different?

Just askin'. :D

Mediumfan

As far as music goes, The film will definitely have a few songs (stuff played on the car's radio), but 99% of the music will be film score.

Creepy, AWSOME, film score . . . The main themes will be very Bernard Herrmann.

Also - Stay tuned to the Dark Country Production Diary (and also the Tim Bradstreet Forum) for the upcoming Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman interview we recently completed for my Podcast - Depth Of Field. We talked to Ron while on set in the Dark Country and finally landed Jane for an EXTENSIVE hour + long chat on the phone.

Dark Country, 3D, and Film Noir, coming VERY soon!

- TB

Thank you so much for sharing your production diary, Tim. It's really cool to hear about how things work. I love the photos too- they are beautiful. It's awesome that you take time out of your day to post all this for us.

As far as music goes, The film will definitely have a few songs (stuff played on the car's radio), but 99% of the music will be film score.

Creepy, AWSOME, film score . . . The main themes will be very Bernard Herrmann.

- TB

You have any idea what kind of songs are gonna be used? To me I think some creepy old school country would be cool to hear.