origin1950

WOLVERINE

Reynolds is the only man in this world who can play Deadpool. If Reynolds doesn't play Wade Wilson, then don't put the character on screen. Simple as that. Great to have the character in this movie though. It's a good set up for his own film.

-Raffi

Reynolds is the only man in this world who can play Deadpool. If Reynolds doesn't play Wade Wilson, then don't put the character on screen. Simple as that. Great to have the character in this movie though. It's a good set up for his own film.

-Raffi

I'm surprised Marvel is allowing Deadpool in the movie, wouldn't the character film rights now belong 20th Century Fox?

I wish they had waited till this movie to focus so much on wolverine though. The first 2 xmen movies spent way too much time on just his character. They also wasted Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike. Sabretooth should have been saved for the Wolverine movie where they could do him right, instead of virtually lobotimising him and making him a slow moving thug. Having Deadpool and Silver Fox gives me alot of hope though. Especially if Reynolds is on the ticket. Danny Houston is a good pick, had no clue that was him in 30 days but his performance was absolutely menacing. The only problem is having William Stryker in the movies at all. He was a random character that had maybe 2 issues in the comics and absolutely no ties to Wolverine. It's almost like they pulled a name out of the X-Men hat. Wolverine and Sabretooth were my favorite characters groing up, so I really hope they fix things in this movie.

They're nice and all, but if you've seen one Wolverine promo picture you've seen them all. I'd really love it if they would release a picture of Schreiber as Sabretooth.

I don't like his hair too much. It will grow on me, but I would like to see a change throughout the years in the movie to the way his hair looked for X1-X3.

He has the jacket from X1 back though!

At last, the full cast list...

HUGH JACKMAN AS WOLVERINE

LIEV SCHREIBER AS SABRETOOTH

LYNN COLLINS AS SILVER FOX

DANNY HUSTON AS WILLIAM STRYKER

RYAN REYNOLDS AS DEADPOOL

DOMINIC MONAGHAN AS BEAK

DANNIEL HENNEY AS MAVERICK

WILL I. AM AS KESTREL

TAYLOR KITSCH AS GAMBIT

KEVIN DURAND AS BLOB

SCOTT ADKINS AS WEAPON XI

TAHYNA TOZZI AS EMMA FROST

IN 13 MONTHS, ENTER WEAPON X

unnofficialposterbpn4.jpg

-TL

At last, the full cast list...

HUGH JACKMAN AS WOLVERINE

LIEV SCHREIBER AS SABRETOOTH

LYNN COLLINS AS SILVER FOX

DANNY HUSTON AS WILLIAM STRYKER

RYAN REYNOLDS AS DEADPOOL

DOMINIC MONAGHAN AS BEAK

DANNIEL HENNEY AS MAVERICK

WILL I. AM AS KESTREL

TAYLOR KITSCH AS GAMBIT

KEVIN DURAND AS BLOB

IN 13 MONTHS, ENTER WEAPON X

unnofficialposterbpn4.jpg

-TL

The casting seems spot-on awesome.

Though is that poster right? That date says 2008.

I think it's the font that makes it look like it, or Barney messed up. Barney (at SHH) made it. :P

I think that the poster was photoshopped because that's a publicity still of Jackman for the movie.

The enormous and ferocious Martial Artist/Kickboxer Scott Adkins will be playing Weapon XI (11), Wolverine's final opponent in the film...

scottadkins2zz6.jpg / scottadkinsrk7.jpg VS wolverineset120copyml0.jpg

This is gonna be a great fight!!!

-TL

Looking at the characters on the cast list...The Blob? Beak? It really doesn't need random characters they couldn't fit into the first 3 movies. Beak is pointless no matter how you look at it and the Blob shoud have been in the first X-Men film. not the spin-off. Happy about Schreiber as Creed and Reynolds as Deadpool though. As long as they finally do Sabretooth justice and give Reynolds some decent dialogue to work with. It would be kinda cool to let him break the 4th wall in his chatter.

Believe it or not, none of the characters being used in the film are random.

Sabretooth is the Villain throughout the entire film.

Silver Fox is the love interest.

William Stryker is the Puppet Master.

The Hudsons (Vindicator and The Guardian) take in Wolverine after his escape from Weapon X and most probably will sell him out to Stryker by the climax (Hudson Barn explodes).

Deadpool, Beak, Maverick and Kestrel form the Weapon X team assigned to capture Wolverine (for only one act of the film). Deadpool's role is minimal.

Gambit is set to appear in the New Orleans (1986) act of the film where Wolverine has a major Poker game he interrupts. Gambit and Sabretooth both played key roles in the 1986 Mutant Massacre which might be what Stryker is planning to do through his team of mutants. Blob was also a part of that attack on The Morlocks.

*The Japanese prison camp sequence in which both Wolverine and Sabretooth are present might end up being set in a prison camp for mutants only. Many cameos will take place at that prison camp if so.

Everyone is there for a good reason and above all - this is a Wolverine film so none of them are there to compete with Hugh on screentime. Liev is the only actor that has been on the set as much as Hugh since January 21.

These are the latest set pics of Jackman, that take place after the Hudson Barn gets blown up by a Weapon X chopper...

wolverinesurvivescopypk8.jpg / wolverinesurvives2copyck9.jpg / wolverinesurvives3copyao0.jpg

-TL

But that's just the thing, the Blob has no place in the Mutant Massacre and Beak had nothing to do with Weapon X. That's what I meant by random, characters that have no reason to be in the story they are in when there are plenty of other characters that do. I understand why Stryker was in the second film, they were using elements from God Loves Man Kills. But he didn't need to be involved in the Weapon X program, that was just so they could continue to make Wolverine the focus of the movie, which should have been saved for this upcoming one.

I'm glad Sabretooth will be throughout the film, he should be stalking wolverine and taunting him constantly. But they could easily save the Mutant Massacre for a film involving it's real villain, Sinister. That could also coincide with Madelyne Prior if they decide NOT to have killed Cyclops, which is still a possibilty. The X-Men have a rich history of stories that have nothing to do with Wolverine. Let him have his own movie, like they did in the comics, and give the other characters some respect too.

When I was a kid Logan was my favorite hero and Creed my favorite villain. But they have turned him into Marvel's Superman, which takes away what made him so cool in the first place. He was a tough loner that did his own thing and didn't need or want the spotlight.

Hugh Jackman wants the spotlight and he has the spotlight.

The X-Men franchise is the only reason we're getting 3 Marvel films a year now. And that franchise rose to the top through Jackman's Wolverine.

X4 will put the X-Men's ability to make money without Jackman to the test. I hope they don't fail.

-TL

Look at those fuckin biceps.

Looks like those tattoos are a sign that he has a meeting with a water tank and some adamantium.

Orion...how exactly have they stuck with much of the comic storylines so far?

I don't expect them to transplant the comics to the movies exactly, never have. But I can always hope for a little better treatment of the characters. In some ways it's like getting a new writer for the comics themselves. They have their own ideas for how things should be done and that doesn't always end up very well.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing (not anytime soon though I'm sure) is comics brought to the screen in the way Preacher is (was?) going to be done. 1 hour per issue, then for the big crossover storylines lead each series up into a film that handles the climax of the story. Preacher probably won't have a film, and despite what was originally said about keeping it strict to the comics they are now talking about adding episodes. But a guy can dream right?

Deadpool is done shooting and didn't shoot for long...

ryanreynoldsbvv7.jpg

Ryan Reynolds began shooting The Proposal with Sandra Bullock 2 weeks ago and was reported to arrive on the X-Men Origins: Wolverine set in mid-March.

A few weeks of Deadpool can't amount to anything more than 20 minutes on-screen.

-TL

The Japanese prison camp sequence in which both Wolverine and Sabretooth are present might end up being set in a prison camp for mutants only. Many cameos will take place at that prison camp if so.

I thought they were gonna have Logan in 'Nam? Unless they changed the script.